CakesBaking

Pretty In Pink Shower Cake

Category Cakes

This is a photo of a Baby shower cake that I recently baked and decorated. I'd call it "Pretty in Pink", definitely for a baby girl. I sectioned it off in big blocks. some pink with white dots and some white with pink dots. It had a bib, a gift, a heart, baby booties, a bear and a butterfly. Cookie cutters made the imprints to fill in, using an open star tip. The booties, which are a favorite for showers, are made with an open star tip by drawing the shape of the bootie and merely STACKING the stars to form the shoe, then filling in the center the same height to form the top of the bootie.

Leaving a small section un-iced at the HEEL part of the bootie to make it more realistic looking. A writing tip is used to form the shoe laces and bow. This is a very simple design for beginning cake decorators, and shower guests loved the "All Girl" design.

By Sharon from Ravenna, KY

Pretty In Pink Shower Cake

What a B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L cake! I'm just learning how to decorate cakes myself. My Shamrock cake is on thriftyfun's home page.

By Janet45101 (Guest Post)

Your cake is just beautiful! You're a real "Pro".

Outstanding job!

Jennifer CA

So pretty Sharon!!

By (Guest Post)

Sharon, I think this is the prettiest shower cake I've ever seen. Really. It's original and traditional at the same time.

I hope you don't mind if I remember it when I next make something similar. Thanks for sharing.

Oh my!! What a darling cake. I bet the mom to be was truly impressed, as was her guest. Hope you guy's had fun. JoJo

By heather (Guest Post)

That is an adorable shower cake, exactly what I would for my cake if i was having a girl! You did a wonderful job, keep up the good work!