How Do I Repair Ice Packed Gutters Without Harming the Roof?

How do you repair ice packed gutters, without doing harm to the roof?

By Bay Sullivan

I honestly can't answer the how to of your question but I can tell you from experience that if those ice packed gutters aren't absolutely neccessary then remove them as soon as it is safe to so without damage to the roof! It takes certain interior and exterior conditions for this to happen but that ice can move itself up and under the roof and then when there is a thaw it will melt and come down into the interior portion of your home. After that happened to a home I owned a few years ago the only gutters I left remaining were those on the outer overhangs that jetted out over the front and back doors to keep people from being dripped on from the draining roof water during the rain.

Use sidewalk ice melt to remove the existing ice and then string a heat cable along the inside of the gutter to prevent it in the future.

Home and Garden Repair HomeFebruary 6, 2011
🍀
🐰
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf96917222.tip.html