Cereal Bags to Store Ham

This is the perfect way to save your Easter ham. A big ham fits perfectly in a recycled bag from a large box of cereal. For ham, I especially like the very large corn flakes bags. It's wonderful as you have no mess with going in and out of the bag as anything messy stays inside the bag. The ham can be "carefully" sliced inside the bag, if you're just slicing a small amount and don't want the mess. You can save the messy stuff inside the bag for future recipes. =

I save all cereal bags when the box of cereal has been eaten as they are too good to throw away. In my opinion, they are better than anything you can buy to store food or other things in. They're even good to cover seeds, that you have started indoors. Like Thrifty Fun, cereal bags are absolutely wonderful!

By Suzy from Clinton, TN

I have always kept cereal box liners and seemed to get a lot of them and wasn't using "waxed paper" as much as I used to. I just read where cheese keeps so much longer in waxed paper instead of plastic. I had been using baggies for years/evidentally the mositure created from the 'sweating' spoils the cheese faster. Another good use for these "free" bags.

And they are wonderful for crushing graham crackers or anything with a rolling pin.

I use mine for covering in the microwave or any other use where wax paper is called for.

Another great idea for cereal bags, thank you. I save all mine too. Some are big enough to put a small casserole in, the possibilities are endless. I love being thrifty!

God Bless

Trish in CT

Food and Recipes StorageApril 8, 2009
🐛
🌻
😎
📓