Conscious Decision to Have Leftovers

As I was preparing dinner Saturday night, I made a conscious decision to have leftovers. I was sauteing chicken breasts for our meal and included one more than I would need, planned to cook frozen peas and included as a side dish a box of chicken flavored rice. After dinner, all the leftovers were refrigerated individually.

Today, I defrosted and heated homemade chicken broth, added a diced carrot and cooked, then added the peas to the pot, then the rice and finally the diced chicken meat. I adjusted seasonings to our preferences (more pepper, more parsley, a touch of onion salt) and with next to no effort, I have homemade chicken rice soup.

There won't be so much as a morsel of that pot left over!

By Ronsan

I have to disagree with you. I don't consider this as eating leftovers, but smart cooking. Besides, you must plan ahead to save the most time, energy, and money. It's kind of like the cook-once-and-eat-twice method. I have a number of meals that I make like this, and still, they never seem to be enough.

Sometimes, I even call it "clean out the fridge night". I don't think it matters what we call it, just as long as we make frugal meals from our frugal grocery fund!

Food and Recipes Food Tips LeftoversApril 27, 2005
🐛
🌻
📓
😎
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf972891.tip.html