Making a Bathtub Water Pond

Category Reusing
This is an interesting way to reuse an old tub and make a large water feature and bird bath for your yard. This is a guide about making a bathtub water pond.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

I designed my own water pond. I had an old bathtub. The birds love it the water. It does not turn green. It's so relaxing to hear the waterfall.

By PRETTY TEASHA KING

clawfoot bathtub pond

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 11

Top Comment

Hi. I don't use anything. Yes, I have a driftwood rock on bottom so the animals get out. I clean it every week. Thanks, Sheila.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

I must ask why doesn't it turn green? What are you adding to the water to keep the green scum or algae from forming? I'm hoping that you know for sure that whatever it is will not harm the wild birds etc.

It looks like a nice project if I get all the right answers. Thank you.
ww

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Lovely and a great way of using an old bath( I planted mine with herbs). Have you rocks or something in there to help any small animals get out if they fall in?
Marg from England.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Wow great idea and I love the items added after the first picture. Thanks for sharing and I am sure you have lots of wildlife loving the moving water!

Reply Like this photo? Yes