Using the Last of Your Mascara

I add a couple of drops of saline solution or sterile water into my mascara when it seems empty. This revives it and it lasts much longer. When I need to I repeat again before discarding.

By coville123 from Brockville, Ontario

I just tried this... It worked great! I have ordered some more of my Mary Kay mascara & it will be about a week before it comes in. I think I may have enough mascara to last now! Thank you so, so much!

Anonymous

This truly is a great thumbs up idea! A word of warning though. Eyes are a breeding ground for bacteria that transfers to the wand and collects inside the tube so if that tube has been opened and not used up within about three months please toss it. Better safe and spend the money on a new tube than get an eye infection and be sorry. Also, never ever share your mascara with anyone else.