Combine Pressed Powders Into One Compact

When your face powder or blush compact is almost empty, or if the powder breaks into pieces, don't throw it away! I keep all the old compacts until I have a few, then I scrape out all the powder into one compact.

I crush it up into a fine powder, add a little rubbing alcohol, stir it (a toothpick works for me), then spread out evenly in the compact. Put it in a safe place and let dry (usually overnight). The alcohol evaporates and leaves behind a full compact!

You probably always use the same color so you know what you are getting and the savings are great!

By amy from Rochester, NY

The pressed powder has to be germ laden by the time that you are talking about. Remember when we used to use a bobby pin to dig out the very last bit of lipstick? I would run hot water over a mascara container to get more of it out.

Then I learned about how many germs had been introduced into the product just by normal use. Today, I throw the product away. Risk is not worth it.

I'm under the impression that the alcohol would kill any germs, but I could be wrong.

You do not want to use rubbing alcohol on your face it will make it dry and break your face out.