Save Your Bread Bag Ties

Do not throw away your bread ties from the bread bags. I reuse them for opened frozen veggies, or anything that I open that needs a tie. Keep a stash in your kitchen drawer, you will be amazed how handy they become.

By Evelyn from Yakima, WA

You are so right. When I get a box of trash bags, the twist ties are generally in a band of 20 or however many bags are inside. I always separate them by 5's and slip them in my purse, desk, car and maint' room. I have used them to separate keys on the property I manage, fix chicken wire to keep in small pets, a temporary fix for screen doors, and even for tied five together once for a temporary shoe lace to keep a kid from losing his shoe on a hike! They are wonderful little creations.

You can also use them as book marks, and I have used one as a tie for my braid in a pinch when I am about to do the dishes. Works rather well too! Peace!

I won't use the square, plastic ones anymore because they get too brittle in the freezer. Recently, one shattered as I tried to open a frozen veggie package.

What a great idea! I have actually been doing that for years it saves on so much. I have also used them to tie together cords from behind the entertainment center or other areas where there are alot of cords.

They can be used for so many different things.

My family and I keep our "twist ties" and plastic bread pinching tabs.. AND our bread and newspaper bags.
We use the long newspaper bags for dirty diapers, veggie/meat scraps (to freeze until trash day to not let stink up and spoil in the indoor trash can), for sorting bagels (from a bagel shop nearby), and whatever use comes up!
I know other do the same to reuse or hopefully recycle various plastics and packaging materials!

Twist ties do come in handy and I save them in a kitchen drawer. I also keep a few in my mini van because you just never know when you'll need one when traveling.

Better Living Green Living ReusingMay 15, 2009
🌻
📓
😎
🐛