Advice for Arranging a Room

I need help placing furniture in a 7 foot wide by 16 foot long living room with windows to the floor on the 16 foot wall. There is no wall across from the windows, but it opens into the hallway and kitchen. There is a 7 foot wall before entering the hallway and the other end is open to the front door.

By Barbara from Jacksonville

Answers:

Advice for Arranging a Room

Boy, this is tricky, but I think you have to use rectangular pieces where you can, avoid circles as they will take too much space. Make a few conversation areas that you group to create separation. (09/08/2010)

By Allison5

Advice for Arranging a Room

I would also avoid using oversized furniture pieces in this narrow space. I would take advantage of the windows if you have a lovely view of the great outdoors and hanging planters would be great in front of a few windows evenly spaced. A mirror on the other wall across from the 16 ft would make the area appear larger and bounce off more light. (09/09/2010)

By Lorelei

Advice for Arranging a Room
Living Room Colors
Living Room Color Scheme Advice
A picture of the Eiffel Tower.
Decorating a Room With a Paris Theme
Furniture in a Living Room
Arranging Furniture in a Living Room
Room With Many Doors
Decorating a Room With Many Doors
🎄