Breakfast Casserole

This breakfast casserole recipe was passed along to me by a German friend. It has a distinctly different and delicious taste, and you can be pretty much be sure that it will be something your guests have not seen many times before. Add a simple fruit salad and you have a fantastic breakfast/brunch meal.

• 1 package Pillsbury crescent rolls (2 sheets in a package)
  • 3/4 lb. pork sausage (hot or mild or turkey sausage if you prefer)
  • 1 tsp. fennel seed (This is what gives it that super taste!)
  • 8 oz. mozzarella cheese (shredded)
  • 8 oz. muenster cheese (chunked)
  • 2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese
  • 3 eggs

Directions:

Spray an 8 x 8 inch casserole dish with cooking spray. Steam fry sausage with fennel seeds. Drain the liquid and fat off the sausage. (I use a colander.)

In a bowl, mix cheeses, beaten eggs, and sausage. Take 1 sheet of the crescent roll and spread it across the bottom of the pyrex dish. (Stretch to fit.)

Pour sausage mix on top of the dough. Press the remaining sheet of crescent roll dough together where it's perforated and stretch it so it will cover the mix.

Bake in 350 degree F. oven for 35 minutes or until brown.

Servings: 6-8
Time:+/- 30 Minutes Preparation Time
35 Minutes Cooking Time

Source: My German friend

By Sandy from Elon, NC

Answers:

Breakfast Casserole

This sounds wonderful. I am going to try this for sure. Sunday Brunch Special. I am certain my Family will love it! I think it would also make a very nice mid-week supper, with a mixed green salad. Thanks for sharing and good luck with the contest. (06/04/2009)

By hedera

Breakfast Casserole
Breakfast Casserole Recipes
Ideas for a Breakfast at Tiffany's Bridal Shower, Tiffany's gift box.
Ideas for a Breakfast at Tiffany's Bridal Shower
overnight french toast
Overnight French Toast Casserole
Sausage Breakfast Burritos
Sausage Breakfast Burritos
🎄