Caring for a Puppy With Parvo

Category Health
Puppy With Parvo
It is important to consult your veterinarian about your puppy's health concern. This guide is about caring for a puppy with parvo.

Ok, before the editors can place their "disclaimer" along with this post, I am going to place it here first. We full well understand NOT everyone is capable or has the knowledge we have behind us. So with this said, home treatment can be as expensive as vet treatment. Knowledge of animals is what helped us. Also, there are 2 forms of Parvo. We were lucky enough to be dealing with the intestinal type. If your dog develops the cardiac type, seek immediate vet help.

Editor's Note (the real one): Please discuss with a professional health care provider before starting this or any home treatment.

We have a pair of 7 month old Bull Dogs. Both had 1 set of shots. We received them as strays, so true age and health issues are truly unknown. Our male began showing signs and symptoms on Sept. 8th. On Sept. 11 we were told he had Parvo. On Sept 12, he received 1 anti-biotic shot and was sent home from a vet friend's home with orders to take him to the local vet hospital. Instead, we did our research and the following is what we did. This worked for us, I will not guarantee it will work in all cases.

Our first stop on our way home was the grocery store. We picked up Pedialyte, liquid infant anti-nausea medication, and Peptobismal. Every 30 minutes we gave him 10 cc of the Pedialyte. We also gave him 10 cc of Pedialyte with 5 cc of anti-nausea medicine.

The next morning, we made a run to town (we live in a vast farming community). First stop was more Pedialyte ($3.00 per bottle), rubber gloves ($5.00 per box), 1000mg MSM ($5.00 per bottle). The next stop was the health food store for 90 ppm colloidal silver ($20.00) - this item is a MUST, DO NOT skip it; Peppermint oil ($10.00), goldenseal root ($12.00), echinacea ($10.50), and Source of Life Gold Liquid vitamins ($16.00). All of these items are in liquid form. From there we went to the feed store and picked up antibiotic ($40.00) and needles. **Again DO NOT attempt this if you have never given an animal a shot before. My family are ranchers and so I was raised around this stuff.

Now, as our dog was throwing up we did an enema treatment. This is a must, and will get the medications into your dog without them throwing them right back out. Recipe to follow at the end. We did the enema 3 times the first day, 2 times the next day, and 1 the final day, only because he started eating and drinking on his own.

Our schedule basically consisted of:

• First Day: Pedialyte and silver in between enemas. Antibiotic shot in the morning (only one per day).

• Second Day: Rotate Pedialyte and Pedialyte with silver between enemas. Antibiotic shot.

• Third Day: He was drinking on his own, so there was no need for Pedialyte.

Now our female was starting to show signs, so we started her on the treatment early and her signs are not nearly as severe as our male. It was more or less similar to depression. Honestly, if you are getting a new puppy, most of these items can be purchased and kept on hand just in case.

The enema recipe is as follows:

• 2 (1000mg) MSM capsules, empty capsules to dissolve powder
  • 6 drops goldenseal
  • 6 drops echinacea
  • 4 drops peppermint oil
  • 1 - 2 cc colloidal silver (this is a must, do not skip)
  • 4 cc anti-nausea liquid
  • 4 cc Peptobismal
  • 5 cc Liquid Gold
  • 60 cc Pedialyte

Directions:

Mix all of this in a purchased enema bottle. We used disposable ones by emptying out the included solution, rinsing it out, and then using the bottle.

Make sure mixture is mixed well and MSM is dissolved, coat tip with some form of non-toxic lubricant and make sure back bone is straight. We discovered that it was best to lay our dog down, straighten back, and insert, talking the whole time. We then rubbed his belly afterwards and he thought he was getting lovies.

Anyways, this is what worked for us. We do NOT guarantee it. The medications in the enema are the same as what is in Parvaid. That is why we purchased them. We did not/could not afford to wait. As for food, we bought turkey with rice baby food and mixed it with baby rice cereal. When he took his first bite we knew we had conquered this deadly illness.

One more thing, if your dogs show sign of Parvo, do not give them their next round of vaccines. This will make things worse. This includes any and all dogs exposed. This comes straight from our vet friend.

By Ealasaid from Four Corners, NM

My Puppy "Shorty" got Parvo we took her to the vet they gave her IV and all that stuff. she was doing better. Now she is just trying to walk around but you can see she is too weak to walk. She walks to the water bowl and just looks at it but doesn't drink any. We give her Pedialyte, the vet said 5ml every hour but it doesn't seem to work. Her gums are white. Just last night they where pink.

She goes to the corner of the room and tries to throw up but nothing comes out. I tried feeding her food but she wont take it. I gave her water and Pedialyte. She's been up for a while now and she won't lay down in one spot, she just stays up. I don't know if it's safe to let her walk around or what. Very sad to see my puppy like this and can't really do anything about it. I just hope she pulls through and makes it.

Can someone help?

My 11 month old yorkie has parvo. We hospitalized him for 5 days. The vet gave him an IV with fluids, an antibiotic, shots for nausea and pills for vomiting and diarrhea. I just brought him home today. He is eating a little something now. Not much just about a teaspoon full so far, but I am grateful to see his appetite slowly come back. He has not drank any water yet and I hear pedialite works well.

Please get you're dog to the vet, it will save your dogs life. If you can not afford it they have medications you can use at home like parvaide. Parvo can be treated and you're dog can live. I am proud to say my little yorkie, lil bear, is doing fairly well so far and is fighting hard against this deadly disease. I am keeping a close eye on him and giving him lots and lots of love and lots of prayer.

It cost about $500 dollars for 5 days at the hospital. Every penny was worth it. Parvo is very painful for the dog and for the owner to watch. Don't wait to treat them, get them help fast. God bless every one out there that is dealing with this right now. Your dog can make it, mine is.

Throwing up is really bad. Especially if the dog is already dehydrated. With a medicine dropper I gave my dog about 3 CC or ml. Of pedialight every half hour. The goal is to keep them from throwing up because they lose moisture.

When they do drink from the bowl don't let them drink too much because it could make them sick. I also gave spunkie. A mixture of peppermint and camomile tea and chicken broth for nutrition. He is doing much better, starting to look more like himself. Once he hasn't thrown up for 24 hours and shows improvement I was told by my vet friend to boil some chicken and rice and give him about a teaspoon at a time.

Just don't give up on your pet.. I make my Spunkie stay in bed and I carry him to the restroom so he can save his energy. All I know is once I started monitoring his fluids intake he stopped throwing up.

Don't feel bad if you can't afford to take your pet to the vet just make sure you are watching them at home. Spunkie went from not moving to waggling his tail and more like himself in a few day.

When caring for a pet with parvo, many owners would like to know the average recovery time for an infected pup. This is a guide about recovery time for dog with parvo.

A sick dog sleeping, with a close up of his mouth and nose.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

I found online a herbal medication for parvo, It's called Parvaid.

By Harleys mom from Kent, WA

Editor's Note: If you have experience with this product, please post your feedback here.

If my 2 month old puppy has parvo, could I give him his 1st shots or do I wait til after parvo treatment?

By Shae M. from Stockton, CA

Best Answer

Please, please be aware that parvo in puppies is very, very dangerous. Parvo can kill your puppy within hours and its a painful death. No shots til 6 months of age. Once it contracts parvo its to late for shot. please, please get your dog to a vet. ASAP

Best Answer

You cant give parvo vaccinations to a dog who has a parvo infection.

I have a 4 month old puppy who is recovering from parvo. How long do I keep her away from other dogs in the house?

By Heather

Answer Was this helpful? 1

Help. I have 4.5 mo old standard Poodle pup with Parvo. I have been to vet twice. I am giving her 1/2 bag of IV fluids under the skin, an antibiotic shot every 12 hrs, and an anti nausea shot every 24 hrs.
On the second visit to the vet we added generic flagyl and Pepcid, half tab every 12 hrs. The first vet visit was Wednesday 12/1/10 and then again on Friday 12/3/10.
She was 27 lbs pre-parvo and has not eaten or had anything to drink for 2 full days. She is not vomiting, but has awful diarrhea. On the second day, for half of the day she was drinking water and eating.
Also, the breeder gave her a parvo vaccination just a few days prior to Wednesday (day 1). Please help me, help her get better. We love her and feel helpless. Thank you! Posting Sat 12/4/2010.

By Kathy from Phoenix, AZ

Answer Was this helpful? 1

Hi, I honestly think, from your description that you are doing all you can. I also understand that it is persistent vomiting that usually causes the biggest danger. It causes dehydration and can put a strain on the dog's heart. But it seems you have these issues under control so although the poor pup will be feeling very sorry for it's self right now in a few days it will probably pick up very quickly. My dog survived when all I had was a box of medicinal glucose, boiled water and sleep deprivation, and she lived to 14! But if you get very worried go back to the vet.

If she starts feeling like eating, give her nothing but boiled chicken and water until she is well. Also take her back to the vet and ask for pain meds. Look up the dosage for benadryl for your dog by weight. It will probably sedate her.

Kathy, I just read your post and it sounded just like a situation that my family was in several years ago. Our new pup vomited on the car ride home from the breeder, (we thought she was just car sick), turns out that was her parvo vaccine that had just been given to her. (Breeder offered another pup, but really, we had already fallen in love with her.)

So far the treatment your dog is receiving is very similar to what ours was except the vet kept her hosp instead of at home. However, the IV fluids and meds were the reason for that, I think. It was one of the most difficult things I've ever gone through as a pet owner so my heart goes out to you. Our vet had advised to try to feed her anything to get something in her. Ideally that would be boiled chicken and/or rice, but try anything, even baby food on your finger into Puppie's mouth, a little at a time as you don't want to get too much in there at one time if she isn't good with swallowing right now.

Also I remember that at some point it was just a waiting period, that's the time for just spending time lying with her and loving and praying. Mine almost died on my birthday, and at some point soon there after she just started to slowly feel a little better and progressed fwd from there. I think we stuck with the chicken and rice for some time after due to being gentle on tummy and just being so completely empty. The disease is extremely contagious and I hope there are no other dogs that have contacted with her or your yard. Yes, your yard. We had to bleach the entire yard as the virus lives in the grass for some time. Put the bleach in one of those garden sprayer things, and go to town. A dead lawn is worth never having to go through this again for you or any one else. I'll be praying for you and wish you and your puppy the best outcome possible. There is never a good time for a person or animal to be this sick, and if you have young kids it is especially hard. You will have to be so very strong. And, yes, you are doing everything you possibly can.

My cats are getting ill this way. I thought only dogs could get parvo virus. I had to give two of my cats to the vet yesterday for this condition because the cats could not keep their medicines in their stomachs and their fevers were persisting around 105.6 even though one of them had two injections of antibiotic. Did your pup make it? If the medicine you give them is strong enough, the dosings would be better given every 8 hours.

I give my cats medicines here every 6 - 8 hours depending on how ill they are. Some of my cats made it at home and are up and running again, thinner, but wiser! Each cat were clearly critically ill for several days during this awful illness and although they seemed to feel better here and there and even were able to eat a little, they stayed in bed for 5 - 7 days before returning to regular activity level. I give them any of 3 antibiotics, reglan or tagamet (cimetidine) plus an electrolyte liquid mixed with a little honey and bottled water. Vitamins are also necessary. The lucky cats get to stay home. I had several successes, The others the vet got, and then they moved to new homes.

The photo I have is of my young tomcat, Cappucino, who had to go into intensive care for 6 days. He now lives with someone I approve of with his brother Frenchy with the same critical illness. They are happy today and enjoying a Christmas with a little tree of their own with cat toys for decorations.

I treated mine with grapefruit seed extract liquid, colloidal silver, pepto bismol, home-made pedialyte using Morton's lite salt. Colloidal silver given orally and anally. Key was the GSE (grapefruit seed extract). A very thick clear saliva started coming from her mouth afterward - so much so that I wondered if perhaps it was rabies rather than parvo. It had to be cleaned off with towels. I came visiting because she is still so droopy and weak.

The only thing she will eat is fish derived cat food and those bacon beggin treats. I have read elsewhere in the past that giving salt to dog is very bad idea (why I chose Morton lite) but obviously she is craving salty things to replenish so not sure what to do from here. Have ceased all medication because the key ingredient here, the GSE can strip the stomach I think (I have used it for my own post-op infection due to antibiotic allergy.) So once she started eating and drinking on her own I stopped it.

My Chihuahua was recently diagnosed with parvo. The vet gave him some fluids and antibiotics, also a prescription for me to give him, but he still will not eat or drink is it still too soon or what?

By YF

Answer Was this helpful? 1

Yes I brought the pravoaid at a feed store here in Tucson. Lost one dog because I was too busy. For not keeping him hydrated. So now I'll see if this medication works n Pedialyte. Pls under the skin shots of water.

My puppy has not been eating in 2 days. After he drinks water he automatically throws up white foam. He has watery diarrhea. He itches a lot. And he sleeps a lot. I think he has parvo, but I don't have any money to go to the vet. I just don't know what to do?

My dog was diagnosed yesterday with parvo. She was really bad so we took her to the vet and they sent us home with the fluids and medicine to get her rehydrated and stop throwing up and the antibiotics. She is doing great today it has been 14 hours of no throwing up, so we attempted water. She is holding down water and is excited to drink it. So we tried food. She will not eat her food or chicken or rice. Idk what to do. It's like she wants to eat, but she won't. Any suggestions?

My two puppies are already recovering from the parvovirus and show lots of improvements since their last medication. They are past the first 3 critical days. Can they be together in the same house already?

I had two 3.5 months old German Shepherds. One showed all the symptoms of parvo while the other didn't. The one who didn't make it died yesterday. His brother stayed here with my older dog, a 3 yr old Lab, he's fully vaccinated while neither of the puppies was.

Yesterday after the death of my one pup, the other puppy was checked for parvo and came out negative. I vaccinated him. And today, he started to have the same early symptoms. He vomited only once, but that was enough for me to think he might have gotten parvo. The doctor checked his blood and said it was perfectly normal, but a second parvo test showed him positive this time. I left him in the hospital praying that God will help my poor puppy. I feel terrible knowing I could have prevented him and his brother from getting it.

What are his chances of surviving? I took him in within an hour of when he vomited and his blood was good. Doctor said it was a 14.7 reading. He drank water and did not vomit it out. I don't want to lose him too :( Is there anything I should do?

By Nadia C from TX

Answer Was this helpful? 1

I foster puppies that I just found out have parvo. Will my 3 other dogs be OK and when are the puppies safe from the disease?

Donna from Buffalo, NY

I foster dogs and puppies too, and parvo is always a big threat.

Your dogs are only safe if they are up-to-date-on their vaccinations. (Rabies is one shot, then they have an all-in-one that covers parvo, distemper, and others. Shots need to be boosted one month later, then once yearly.)

The puppies are only safe when they are at full immunity in their vaccination schedules as well.

If the mother was up-to-date on her vaccinations, the puppies will have maternal immunity until 6 weeks of age. Then they lose this protection, and puppies need to get their initial vaccination at 6 weeks, and a booster a month later. If mommadog's immunity is unknown, pups should go in immediately, and then for two more boosters.

You need to scour your house/ yard for feces. Triple bag them. Douse your home and yard with dilute bleach solution, (yes your couch and carpets too) and dig out any soil that could have infected feces in it, and dispose of that too. The virus can live in the soil for about a year. (The bleach solution should be about 20 parts water to one part bleach, and sprayed on items.)

The virus can be tracked from yard to yard on shoes and car tires if someone stepped in or drove over infected poo.

Good luck. You have some hard work ahead of you.

Sincerely,

Janet

I'd get all of them to the vet. I had a dog get parvo after having it's parvo vac. and it also happened to another dog I knew. My dog did survive but the vet bill was a small fortune. Sometimes the shots are no good, I would warn all of your neighbors also.

I had a pregnant dog with Parvo, it effects there Intestines, and dehydrates them. So I gave her Gravol Supositories, and that seemed to help with the Vomiting and nausea for her, the next couple of days were touch & go, but by the second day I tried to give her water & Baby Food, but all she wanted Ice Cream. I know that Dairy upsets their stomach, but it was something she wanted and i needed to rehydrate her. Within4-5 days she was drinking and eating baby food, slowly started to give her dog food, and within a week she was up & running....She lived to be 13 yrs old...

If my dog who survived parvo gets pregnant will she pass parvo on to her puppies?

As much as I influence going to the vet, getting necessary shots and spaying and neuturing. I recently got 2 puppies that had parvo before I brought them home. Then my other dogs got sick even though the parvo shot is supposed to prevent it, but I guess its because it was in between his 2-3 puppy shot. Well I called tons and dozens of vets, animal hospitals and all. Nothing was in my price range, I know you can't put a price on the love of your pets but I was just in a bad position at that time.

All of the vets wanted up front payments, I didn't have money. I tried to get them to bill me; but none of them do that anymore. Well anyways, since I couldn't afford to give my puppies the proper care at that time, which I was devastated about. I looked online, called vets, called friends and there I found a cure that had details written by a old vet, he said "If your puppy has Parvo or worms and is not eating and you cannot afford vet care, I have a solution give your dog/puppy about half a jar full of baby food a day in a syringe. Mix the pedialyte with water, the dog does not need all that sugar, then switch give it a syringe full of baby food (pick a meat kind, it'll be more enjoyable for them.) and then a syringe full of water/pedialyte.

Do that until they get feeling better and then switch them to canned food for the next 2 weeks. " I was so nervous but this was my last resort. I did that daily for about 3-4 days and they all were up wagging their tails, barking and playing. So that teaches me a lesson for bringing unvetted pups into my home. I hope this works as good as it did for me. But next time I will take them to a vet. I hope this saves your little ones life. Thank you, god bless.

In my lifetime of owning pets I've only had one dog have parvo and that was over 20 years ago. My puppy, I think has parvo. She only threw up once, but right away I knew what it was because of that awful smell. I immediately went out and purchase Pedialyte. Almost instantly, she was recovering. I couldn't believe it. She was drinking the Pedialyte on her own, resting, but no more throwing up. She still has diarrhea, and today being the second day she threw up again. She drinks Pedialyte after throwing up, but is now, again, really tired. This morning she was bouncing around like a normal puppy, but since throwing up once more, she's now just laying there. I'm getting scared again. What should I do? Is it normal for your dog to be up and about one minute and down the next. Also I purchased a six in one shot for my puppy's first set of shots when should I give this to her?

My puppy is on her 6th day of parvo. I've been feeding her baby cereal. Is that what she needs to eat? How long until she can eat hard food? Any tips for recovering pups?

On May 19th I noticed my pup Karma wasn't looking good. Her hair was dull, she looked so sad and wouldn't eat, but was drinking a little bit. I didn't realize she was sick cuz she was always very mellow. I took her to the vet and confirmed it was parvo, but no way I can afford the hospital stay so we did treatment at home. By 1pm on May 20th she started having what seemed to be stomach spasms and passed away with me and my husband with her.

My other pup is sick now. On May 20th when I lost Karma our pup Sutra was running around like a mad man. The morning of the 21st Sutra no longer wants tho eat. It's now May 25th and she looks so bad. I'm forcing feeding her Pedialyte, chicken broth. baby rice cereal, Pepto, and antibiotics.

She started having loose slimy stool with little strings of blood. Yesterday she had liquid diarrhea that was almost black (she only had this 3x). Karma was passing bright red diarrhea. She's thrown up about 3x also; it's slimy yellow and foamy. I'm wondering how long till the parvo is out of her so she will get better. She's on day 4. I hope that's a good s sign.

By Julie

I just joined and saw posts by people with dogs that have parvo. I have a pup that someone didn't want and took it home and now after three days found out it has parvo.

The vet costs too much round here and the kids have a seven week old pup and I am afraid that it will now get it as well. The vet said that the kid's pup can't get the shot for parvo, as it might get worse for him.

The kids are so upset and I am tying everything to help the sick pup and keep the other pup (Milo) away from the sick one (Woody). What can be done? Please help!

By Richard from NSW Australia

If my puppy has Parvo would the shots help her?

By Numnums from Los Angeles, CA

Anonymous

A vet is the best person to answer that question. Just call the office and talk to the receptionist.

This website tells how to deal with Parvo disease:

http://www.more  -meds-dog-parvo/

NO! DO NOT give a puppy a parvo vaccine whome has parvo! A vet will not do this, also I recommend some natural reading- just search "parvaid" in a search engine and read all about this herbal tincture that has saved hundreds of puppies lives that the vet could not.

I don't know if this will help but it is worth a try. One of my kids had a dog with parvo. I bought canned fish type cat food and scooped some up with my bare fingers. Then I opened his mouth and rubbed it onto the roof of his mouth so he had to eat it. I fed him 5 or 6 times or more every day. He got well.

I wish I would have known this information earlier. My 6 month old pogmerian dog just died today from parvo. We took him last Thursday to get his shots for his protection which he received 3 of them, then he didn't feel well that evening. However the next day he was fine. He was jumping up and down and barking. Then here comes Sunday when he fell ill.

The next day we took him to the vet and they said he had parvo, however, since he got the shot he should be fine. We started giving him his med that they gave us after paying 225 dollars and was their for him the whole time. I thought he was getting better but today he passed. I don't know if it was the shots or the parvo. I am so sad, even though I have more dogs this was my indoor dog and I became very attach. I need advice what went wrong. He was healthy little dog when we took him to the vet now he;s gone.

I recently sold a puppy from my litter, and the buyer has come back 6 weeks later saying that the puppy has been diagnosed with Parvo. He took the dog at 8 weeks promising me that he would have it vaccinated within the next few days. It was foolish of me to take his word. All 6 of the remaining puppies are healthy and they had their injections.

I'm being told the pup was doing poorly with loose stool from the day they took it. It had been taken to the vets for this and was given antibiotics and supposedly had been put on a drip. They told me today that the dog has been at the vets for 3 weeks now and has only just been diagnosed with having Parvo and is having to be put to sleep.

Can anyone tell me if this is possible that the pup could have been alive for 3 weeks without the right treatment and as my other pups have all had a clean bill of health from the vets when they where taken for their injections. I have spoken to my vet who sees my adult dogs on a regular basis for check ups and who vaccinated half the pups for me. They are pretty sure the pup couldn't have had Parvo when it left my company with all the other pups having been fit and well at the time his pup left.

I am beside myself that these people didn't bring the pup back to me so that I could get it sorted and give them their money back. Its not the money but the health of the animal that is the most important thing to me.

By papes1980 from England

This sounds like every breeder's nightmare. It sounds as if you didn't have a contract for the buyer to sign? What are the buyers wanting from you? Their money back? Another puppy? Or are they just informing you? One thing you should do before you give back money or another puppy is get a certified letter from the vet stating that the puppy did indeed have parvo. I'm guessing the buyers didn't take the pup to the vet within 72 hrs (as our contract states) which is too bad for the puppy, and for you. I find it hard to believe they'd wait three weeks before informing you. When one of our female dogs died we called the breeder and informed her, even though it had been three years since we bought the dog.

I don't know much about parvo. Maybe your vet can help you with this. Good luck! Next time you sell pups make sure you have a good contract.

Parvo is pretty immediate. I had a puppy die once from it within 2 days and I didn't know what was wrong since I'd been told it had had it's first shot.

There is no way a vet would not have figured out what was wrong with it immediately, let alone it have been sick for 3 weeks. It is true you can give it a fighting chance with iv's but 3 weeks?

I wonder if most of you know you can buy the shot and give it yourself if you can't afford a vet. It's around 8-12 dollars. It's two capsules, and a syringe. Take liquid from one capsule, inject it into the powder in the other, shake, insert syringe into mixture, and lift skin on back of neck of puppy and inject solution under and into the loose skin. can be purchased at most animal feed stores [for farms] or a veterinary supply store. Not so for rabies. Must be given by vet because has to be registered. There is a new variety of rabies, much more contagious, loose in Arizona. Apparently no bite required to transfer from animal to animal.

Parvo is very fast! A pup can die from it within hours and certainly within days. No way will one survive for weeks if untreated. Even if treatment starts immediately there's not a big chance of survival. These folks are wrong! I feel sorry for the poor little puppy!

Hmm... sounds as if these people might want money. Are they expecting you to fork over for their pup's "three week vet stay" and maybe refund the purchase price without proof? I wouldn't do that, if I were you! If they want to push the issue, I believe it's their responsibility to prove the poor pup wasn't healthy upon receipt. Since you have multiple witnesses as to the health of the rest of the litter, they don't have a case. That poor pup's death is their responsibility, not yours. After all, if they promised to have the pup vaccinated and didn't, that's their own negligence.

My puppy has parvo, it's the 3 day of having it. I took her to the vet today where they gave her injections, stuff for throwing up, the runs and antibiotics. She's still throwing up and I am still giving her gatorade every 30 minutes. Does it help that I am giving her gatorade even though 20 minutes later she is throwing it back up?

MarQue from West Valley City, Utah

My 6 week old Maltipoo lost his appetite 2 days after we got him. He started getting diarrhea and vomiting so he's pretty weak. He's being treated by the vet who has had him 2 days now as he's on antibiotics and IV fluids and gravol. They started him on Pedia Sure which is staying down and he's drinking water, but refuses to eat. What can I try that may peak his appetite's interest?

My dog was just diagnosed with parvo. Can he stay outside due to his uncontrollable bowels?

I have two 4 month puppies. They where exposed to the parvo virus. One got sick first. He only had his first shot. He is now recovering and is back to normal. My second puppy started showing signs. She has had 3 parvo vaccinations. She is now recovering. Should I keep them separated or can they both be in the same room? Can they re-contaminate each other?

My dog was diagnosed with the parvovirus. He has been hospitalised for 5 days already, but he is looking so much better. He was even playing and biting me. The vet says he still has to stay because he has a fever.

Is it necessary for that? Or can I look after him at home? The bills are going to be insane.

Load More