Caring for Puppies with Parvo?

I had 7 puppies; 5 of them have died from parvo. Please help me with the last 2. One died at first from parvo without me having any idea about what was wrong with it until a vet told me he died from parvo. I quickly took the rest to a vet 2 weeks ago, but 4 died eventually.

Currently I have two left. They have taken all their shots now for about 7 days. They are now at home and I give them subcutaneous fluids as directed by the vet. They can now eat and drink on their own, but are still weak and sleep a lot. They also have watery stools. Can you help me with this? I am very devastated after already losing the 5.

Best Answer

Clean your house with a diluted bleach solution. Parvo can live inside for six months. Do not take them outside until their are fully vaccinated. Drinking at this point is more important than solid food. Keep in touch with the vet.

Best Answer

Your puppies will recover slowly from this disease. It can take a couple weeks before they are back to normal. Keep following your Vets directions and they should be OK.

After having parvo they will be immune to it for the rest of their lives. Keep them comfortable and let them rest and stay in touch with your Vet if there are any changes.

Hi,

I am so sorry for you losses. I have lost litters from this awful virus before. You are doing the right thing. Keep up with it. Their bodies are resting because their bodies are so weak from being constantly dehydrated. These two may live because they are able to drink on their own. Drinking/sub Q fluids are way more important than food, at this point.

Blessings,

Robyn

You have my deepest condolences on the loss of your pups. SO SAD.

Prayers for the survivors!!

Please, please, please keep up with the vet care and follow what the vet says exactly! This is a scary disease, but dogs can overcome it. I know some that have. It took a while but the pups' parents followed the vet directions exactly and kept a positive attitude and the pups are normal and healthy today!

Keeping the pup hydrated is critical and the vet can give you hints and tips for the best way to manage this.

Please post back with updates! Prayers will continue!

Pets HealthFebruary 22, 2019
😷
🎃
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Caring-for-Puppies-with-Parvo-1.html