Cat Peeing In The Same Place

I have a big problem. In the past I had cats and they urinated on the carpet. Now we have 2 kittens and they are going to those spots and using the bathroom. Does anyone know how to stop them? How to get the smell out? My son plays on the floor. He doesn't play where it is, but I still can't stand him doing so until I can get the smell out.

By starmidnite710 from Mobile, AL

Answers:

Cat Peeing In The Same Place

The other day a Kirby vacuum sales man came to clean my carpet as a sales demo. For free!
He swept the carpet and shampooed it. The soap they use is great! No cat urine odor anymore, even tho it is still humid out. Humidity amplifies this odor. Unfortunately the only thing I have found to get rid of the odor on my ow,n and deter my cats is store bought, in the pet section. "Resolve" with pet deterrent is good. (06/18/2010)

By Dedeswrkshop

Cat Peeing In The Same Place

You might also, after cleaning it well, place the litter box in this area to help train them. You can move it later, after they learn. (06/18/2010)

By Dedeswrkshop

Cat Peeing In The Same Place
Cat walking on a kitchen counter.
Preventing Your Cat From Peeing in the Kitchen
Dog Standing on Carpet
Preventing a Dog From Peeing on Carpet and Rugs
A cat door installed in an old door.
Teaching a Cat to Use a Cat Door
Litter Box
Cat Peeing Outside Litter Box
🎄