Cat Peeing In The Same Place

We have an older indoor cat. She usually uses the litter box. She seems to keep peeing in the same area on a rug in the dining room. I keep smelling that urine odor and have to treat that carpet area. Any ideas on how to break her of peeing there?

By ANNETTE from Cocoa Beach, FL

You probably still have cat urine in the carpet or the underpadding that isn't coming out. Cat urine is strong and the odor lingers too.

I had a cat that was peeing outside the box. I found a cat litter called "Attract", you can get it at pet stores, comes in a red bag, a little pricey, but it did the trick. The cat never peed outside the box again. I also used Walmart's "Out" products (in the pet department) for getting rid of the smell. So far so good.

Hope this helps.