Kitten Peeing in the Same Places Outside the Litter Box

My kitten pees in the same 3 spots in the house outside her box. I am using enzyme cleaner. Any ideas as to why?

Has she been checked for urinary/kidney problems? With a health issue comes urgency and they tend to return to the same spots to relieve themselves.

If she gets a clean bill of health, you may want to put a second litter box out in one of these other spaces and see if that resolves the issues. I know from the cats I sit for, sometimes they just like variety and many have several boxes around the house to accommodate this need.

Post back what you learn! Prayers for the fur baby!

The litter may be hurting her paws. Switch to a softer litter, and put more litter boxes around your house.

Sadly as we all know this is a common problem. I have a checklist to eliminate common causes of kitties that go outside the litterbox. First make sure the cat does not have a urinary tract infection. This means a trip to the Vet or at least a urine sample to the Vet. Make sure your cat has a litterbox she likes in a safe private place. Two boxes is better. Try a couple different styles of boxes many cats do not like covered boxes.

Try a couple different types of litter. Make sure it stays clean. Eliminate what household stress you can. Noise, aggressive pets, too much handling. Make sue she has a place to get away from it all. Preferably up high where she has a bed (a cat tree works well). There is a litter for kittens called Dr. Elseys Kitten Attract. It has worked well for me. Kittens seem to love it. I think you can get it from Chewy.

Pets CatsSeptember 15, 2019
🎂
🌻
🎃