Chihuahua Mix Photos

Category Dogs
This popular Mexican breed can sometimes be mixed with other small dogs to create some very cute companions. This page contains Chihuahua mix photos.

small reddish brown dog

This is a guide about Chihuahua/Pomeranian mix breed photos. The PomChi is a sweet small mixed breed dog that may be perfect for your family.

Pug in red dress

This page contains Pug/Chihuahua mix photos. Breeders are currently crossing dog breeds to produce designer mixes. Of course the mixes can also occur the traditional way.

I was told that he was a Min Pin, I am thinking he's a chihuahua mix.

Shae from Spokane

Answer Was this helpful? 1

Beautiful dog! I'm so curious to know if my puppy that we recently got is Chihuahua or a mix? I'd be appreciative if someone can tell me their opinion on what they think he might be. His name's nugget, he's 12 weeks old. He kinda looks like yours!

This is my 8 week old puppy. I still do not have a name for him, but considering Mac. Mom is a chiweenie and dad is a Chihuahua. I was told that the dad was a very small Chihuahua. Will my little man be more Chihuahua or chiweenie?

By Kimberly

Answer Was this helpful? 1

My puppy looks just like yours!!! See, I was told mine was Chihuahua, but had my doubts because he looks mixed! Either way we love him, but I'm so curious, can somebody help me identify him maybe

Someone gave me my puppy and said it was a chihuahua. He is a beautiful dog, however it looks nothing like my other two chihuahuas. He's 3 1/2 months old and weigh over 4 lbs. His paws are too big to be such a little dog. He is very strong compared to my other chihuahuas.

By E.F. from Fort Worth, TX

He a half min pin and a chillhuahua

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photographs. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

Mighty Molly is a 10 week old Schnauzer/Chihuahua mix. This wee one, likely the runt, had a rough start in her litter. She was picked on by siblings and lost weight from not getting enough to eat. The abuse and stress caused by her litter mates resulted in massive loss of hair as well. The baldness had made all of the fresh bite wounds/scratches and the many scars from old ones all the more apparent.

The owner, maybe thinking she was unadoptable because of looking bad, dumped her at the animal shelter where she was soon put on their euthanasia list. I adopted her from the rescue group who mercifully pulled her out of the animal shelter. They had cared for her over three weeks, bringing her to excellent health.

Molly is a love bug to her new pack; me in my role as Packleader/Mom, my husband as something like an uncle who spoils her, our Mimi the Terrier who outweighs Mo by 34 lbs., our Lulu the Labrador who outweighs her by 52 lbs. and four cats who all outweigh her too. Our amazing Mighty Mo is 2 lbs. of unbridled joy and happiness. One of the four cats has actually turned the tide and is becoming motherly towards the puppy.

Molly loves to chase after the cats, wanting them to play, while the big dogs chase after her, wanting to play. It is a repeating procession, Life is a Parade.

By Simply Susie from TX

Mighty Molly (Schnauzer/Chihuahua Mix)

Comment Like this photo? 19

I think she is just adorable! Dogs all have different personalities & can look different from the others. I think you picked a sweet wonderful little girl.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Li'l AJ is 12 years old. He is a Maltese/Chihuahua. He was an "accident" down at the campgrounds. His little 4 lb mother decided to take a stroll and back herself up to a Maltese (who was tethered cuz' he had been in trouble) and, Voila! Four little "mice" were born a few months later.

He likes to hide his chews, although they are not really hidden. He just thinks they are. If anyone even walks by, oblivious to it even being there, Li'l AJ rushes to it, gets it and puts it somewhere else in plain view, but HE thinks it's hidden. He works very hard at it!

When my father was at home with Hospice with a very short time to live, I would spend the nights. Li'l AJ always sleeps with me. My dad had a "bell" by his bed to ring if he needed me during the night. I awoke to "Woof! Woof!" Li'l AJ had gotten down on the floor, was looking up at me barking. My dad had rang his bell and I didn't hear it. Li'l AJ was letting me know to get up. I had fell asleep on the job!

By LinDuh_in_VA from Richmond, VA

White dog.

Comment Like this photo? 19

Thanks y'all! Yep he's a cutie and such a sweetie. Sometimes I feel like he's a "growth" on me tho', because he always has to be in my lap when sitting or laying down. He has doggie steps to my bed and couch, but they aren't tall enough. lol.

keeper60, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. We had a minature daushaund (Sara) for 16 years. My daughter grew up with and she was my daughter's best friend from the time she was 4 until she 20! She's even in our family photographs and in my daughter's high school casual photographs. We lost Sara 5 years ago. We still miss her every day. They are family.

When we first got Li'l AJ, he was no bigger than a hamster. He loved Sara (our dachshund) dearly. He wouldn't even go outside in the mornings until he got her up and she came with him. It was so sad for several weeks after her passing as not only did Li'l AJ quit eating, but he was still waiting for her to come outside with him every morning.

Thanks again for all of your comments. I think he's kind of special, but I'm kind of partial. lol.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

lying on her side

I posted on a Facebook page where animals are in need of a home. Owner contacted me through message and I went and got her that same day.

Sparky (Chihuahua Terrier Mix)

We moved out to the country, in the middle of Texas. Two dogs were watching my husband from the woods, dropped off strays. He called them over and they were overjoyed and hungry. The next day they came back again. I couldn't deny these 2 devoted friends a forever, safe, fun home off the streets.

closeup Noah

One of my cousins owns a Chihuahua and a Chihuahua mix, who had a litter of puppies. My mom had just moved out by herself for the first time in her life and needed a pet. She looked and played with all of the puppies and chose the one who she later named Noah!

cute brown and white dog in red outfit

I got Turbo, when she was 8 weeks old because my son had her for 3 days and couldn't deal with a hyper puppy.

Thor the Dog Sitting my Laptop Computer

Thor is a 10 month old mixed Chihuahua. I work in construction and he was left on the job site, so I adopted him without my husband's knowledge. When I got home that evening, my husband got a huge surprise.

Tan and white dog.

Muffin is a chihuahua, but is also mixed with something else, don't know what. Muffin was given to me by my oldest daughter, Michelle. I became disabled and she thought that I needed a pet to keep me company. Boy, was she ever right!

Nugget (Chihuahua Mix)

We recently had been looking around for a puppy to share our love with and found him through an ad selling Chihuahua puppies. We fell in love and he's now a part of our family!

tricolor dog wearing a pink sweater

We got her at 5 weeks old in 2014. We call her Phyllis Dill because her hair gets long and wild.

Dogs lying on floor.

Choco is 2 years old. She is a Maltese and Chihuahua mix. My friend was telling me that her neighbor had to return to Thailand, and needed to find a home for his small dog.

Lil Fella Japanese Chin and Chihuahua

Lil Fella is a 7 year old Japanese Chin/Chihuahua. I got fella 7 years ago when the lady I worked with brought in a box of her adorable puppies her own dog had just had.

Pickles (Chihuahua Mix)

Humane Society of El Paso, Texas. He likes to dance, take walks, and play under the covers.

Dixie (Rat Terrier Chihuahua Mix)

She was fostered for 3 months, she was returned in 3 months, so I adopted her. She likes to fetch a tennis ball, constantly.

young girl holding a tan dog

We found him at a shelter in Wenatchee, Washington while on vacation last December, and drove with him in my lap across the state to our home in western Washington.

light brown dog with white feet

They gave her to us when she was two weeks old. She likes to run around, play with her food, play by herself, and sleep.

Dog in blanket.

Sweetie-Pie is approximately 13 years old. She is a Chihuahua mix. Sweetie pie is the resident dog at the Avian Rescue, where I volunteer. She likes to be petted and cuddled, and she sleeps a lot, also supervises all activities all actions concerning the care of the birds.

Daisy the Dog

This is one of her favorite places to be, which is under our kitchen table. As you can see, we just place a mat there so she's aware that it is her neutral zone location.

chihuahua mix

BamBam is a 2 year old chihuahua mix. My neighbor knew our 13 year old dog died and she offered us a puppy. He likes to chase the vacuum when on, or balloons. We love him to death.

Perla del Mar (Maltese/Chihuahua)

Perla del Mar is a 6 week old Maltese and Chihuahua mix. I got Perla last week from mom as her mother's milk had dried out. She likes to play with her brother Dester. Perla is adorable and smart. We are potty training her and she makes it about 80% of the time.

White dog with fancy collar.

Diamond is six years old. She is a is a Chihuahua and Toy Poodle mix. Someone we know told us about their give away puppy. It was 2004 near Christmas. She loves to run around. Her favorites thing is to play fetch. She loves to play with her friends.

Tan dog, closeup of face.

Sadie is a Chihuahua/Papillon mix. She is two years old, 4 lbs. We absolutely love and spoil her as she the only girl in the family, besides me - mom.

Monchi in the sand

My dog likes to play tug of war with chew toy, socialize with people and pets, cuddle, jump, hop, and dig.

black dog in white blanket

I found her online through a shelter in Rohnert Park, CA. She likes to chase flies, run, and play tug of war with my bed covers.

photo of Chica Dog

Chica is a 2 year old Chihuahua mix. I got Chica when she was just 9 weeks old. She was the cutest thing ever, and all her siblings looked just like her, but she was just slightly smaller then the rest.

closeup of plant

I got her from a family that couldn't take care of her anymore. I got her around 2010. She has an awesome personality! It's hard to train her, but we have trained her to do two things: stay and smile. Smile is basically when they show their teeth, but she wags her tail.

Black dog.

This is Buffy she is a Chihuahua mix. She weighed not even 1 pound when I got her (rescued owner didn't want her and her brother because they were mixed breed). We have had her for 3 years now.

Chihuahua puppy

Taco is 3 months old on Dec. 21, 09. He is a Chihuahua. I got him from a friend about 1 1/2 months ago. For a short-haired, he loves it outdoors and in the snow. He loves to terrorize our older female Chihuahua, LOL.

Black and white mixed dog.

Kahlua is a 6 month old Chihuahua, Jack Russell and Poodle Mix. My sister spent a week with my aunt in Sarasota. They were in The Olive Oil Cafe and woman walked in with a puppy.

Here is Sable Chihuahua/Rat Terrier in her Baseball Uniform. She will be 4 this month. She loves to dress up. I bought this outfit as a newborn outfit clearanced out at Pamida. It came with shorts too and I cut a hole in the shorts so her happy curled up tale could show.

Load More