Chihuahua Mix Photos

This popular Mexican breed can sometimes be mixed with other small dogs to create some very cute companions. This page contains Chihuahua mix photos.

Filter Sort

Bob (Chihuahua and Pomeranian Mix)

By Christy S 1

Bob is a 2 year old Chihuahua/Pomeranian. We got him a year ago this past December. We had been looking on the computer for a dog. I would show a picture to our 2 boys and we all had to agree on the one we wanted. I found the pic of Bob and we all three knew that he was the ONE.

We drove 1 1/2 hours in the snow to get him. He was totally different when we got there from the picture. I wondered what we had gotten in to. He growled and wanted nothing to do with us. The lady handed him to me and he tried to get away. Thank goodness, we got him anyway.

He chases his tail, plays with his toys, and fights with us. He loves his tennis ball and tire on a rope. He really cracks me up with his food. He will get a piece of it and throw it in the air. Then he acts like it is going to get him and he will roll over. He does it over and over. He also loves to play fight. He will stand on his back legs or sit like a squirrel and you act like your slapping the air and he will slap back at you with his front paws.

Bob brings lots of laughter to our home. He came in and just was part of the family. It was really like he belonged here. I don't know how we ever got by without him. He has especially been a blessing to me in the last 7 months. I was diagnosed with cancer. He has totally stood by me and been my biggest cheerleader.

By Christy from Burkesville, KY

Woman holding dog up to her face.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Mighty Molly (Schnauzer/Chihuahua Mix)

By Simply Susie 5 33

Mighty Molly is a 10 week old Schnauzer/Chihuahua mix. This wee one, likely the runt, had a rough start in her litter. She was picked on by siblings and lost weight from not getting enough to eat. The abuse and stress caused by her litter mates resulted in massive loss of hair as well. The baldness had made all of the fresh bite wounds/scratches and the many scars from old ones all the more apparent.

The owner, maybe thinking she was unadoptable because of looking bad, dumped her at the animal shelter where she was soon put on their euthanasia list. I adopted her from the rescue group who mercifully pulled her out of the animal shelter. They had cared for her over three weeks, bringing her to excellent health.

Molly is a love bug to her new pack; me in my role as Packleader/Mom, my husband as something like an uncle who spoils her, our Mimi the Terrier who outweighs Mo by 34 lbs., our Lulu the Labrador who outweighs her by 52 lbs. and four cats who all outweigh her too. Our amazing Mighty Mo is 2 lbs. of unbridled joy and happiness. One of the four cats has actually turned the tide and is becoming motherly towards the puppy.

Mighty Molly (Schnauzer/Chihuahua Mix)

Molly loves to chase after the cats, wanting them to play, while the big dogs chase after her, wanting to play. It is a repeating procession, Life is a Parade.

By Simply Susie from TX

Mighty Molly (Schnauzer/Chihuahua Mix)

Mighty Molly (Schnauzer/Chihuahua Mix)

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Pickles (Chihuahua Mix)

By KIM HOGGAN 30 50

Pickles (Chihuahua Mix)

Your Pet's Age
13 years

Your Pet's Breed
Chihuahua mix

How and when did you get your pet?
Humane Society of El Paso, Texas

What does your pet like to do for fun?
He likes to dance, take walks, and play under the covers.

Do you have anything else to share about your pet?
Pickles (aka Pepino) is an amazing, resilient dog. When I adopted him 9 yrs ago they said I had to wait several days for them to even try to get him out of his cage. He was viscious. I thought he just needed intense love. When I went back the vet said he had horrible heartworm and gave him about a month to live even on meds. That my time and money would just be in vain. I was still determined and said I wanted him anyway. It just felt destined. They handed him over to me all limp. I got him off his meds and began natural remedies. He slowly started to come back to life. 9 years later...Yes nine years later he is very spunky and protective of me only when people come to the house. Otherwise he is a sweetheart, in public and at the vets. His most recent checkup indicated nothing other than normal senior age health. Zero heart problems, etc. I love my baby; he is a fighter with a heart of gold. We saved eachother! :)

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Min Pin or Chihuahua Mix?

By shae 1

Small tan dog.I was told that he was a Min Pin, I am thinking he's a chihuahua mix.

Shae from Spokane

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Candace Estrada 2 4 Flag

Beautiful dog! I'm so curious to know if my puppy that we recently got is Chihuahua or a mix? I'd be appreciative if someone can tell me their opinion on what they think he might be. His name's nugget, he's 12 weeks old. He kinda looks like yours!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Li'l AJ (Maltese/Chihuahua)

By LinDuh_in_VA 2

Li'l AJ is 12 years old. He is a Maltese/Chihuahua. He was an "accident" down at the campgrounds. His little 4 lb mother decided to take a stroll and back herself up to a Maltese (who was tethered cuz' he had been in trouble) and, Voila! Four little "mice" were born a few months later.

He likes to hide his chews, although they are not really hidden. He just thinks they are. If anyone even walks by, oblivious to it even being there, Li'l AJ rushes to it, gets it and puts it somewhere else in plain view, but HE thinks it's hidden. He works very hard at it!

When my father was at home with Hospice with a very short time to live, I would spend the nights. Li'l AJ always sleeps with me. My dad had a "bell" by his bed to ring if he needed me during the night. I awoke to "Woof! Woof!" Li'l AJ had gotten down on the floor, was looking up at me barking. My dad had rang his bell and I didn't hear it. Li'l AJ was letting me know to get up. I had fell asleep on the job!

By LinDuh_in_VA from Richmond, VA

White dog.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Buddy (Pomeranian-Chihuahua)

By Vi Johnson 286 801

Buddy is about 9 -11 years old. He's a Pomeranian/Chihuahua mix. Our neighbors found him running the streets in another town. After they couldn't find his owners, they gave him to us.

Buddy likes to go for walks, and go to different parks for the new smells. ;-) Buddy will bury his Milk Bones in his bed, in my flower pots, in our shoes, and just about everywhere else. Funny thing is he rarely eats those, but digs up and eats the yucky, dirty ones he "plants" in the border flowers. Buddy lying down looking like a little fox.

By Vi J.

Pom Chi mix dog.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Choco (Maltese/Chihuahua) with Peaches (Lhasa Apso)

Choco is 2 years old. She is a Maltese and Chihuahua mix. My friend was telling me that her neighbor had to return to Thailand, and needed to find a home for his small dog. I went to see Choco and, of course, fell in love with her. So here we are. This was in December 2010, so she has been with us for four months now.

Choco likes to play fetch and enjoys playing with my other dog, Peaches, who is a Lhasa Apso. They chase each other around the house and play fight. The two of them even share one bed at times.

Choco was a bit of a challenge at first because she was not house trained, but we seem to have that under control now. She has adjusted to her new home very well, and is very happy and contented here. I am so glad we have her; we are just one happy family.

By Linda A.

Dogs lying on floor.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Muffin (Chihuahua Mix)

By Joanie Coker 1

Muffin is a chihuahua, but is also mixed with something else, don't know what. Muffin was given to me by my oldest daughter, Michelle. I became disabled and she thought that I needed a pet to keep me company. Boy, was she ever right!

Tan and white dog.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Sweetie-Pie (Chihuahua Mix)

By one.of.a.kind 57 70

Sweetie-Pie is approximately 13 years old. She is a Chihuahua mix. Sweetie pie is the resident dog at the Avian Rescue, where I volunteer. She likes to be petted and cuddled, and she sleeps a lot, also supervises all activities all actions concerning the care of the birds.

Dog in blanket.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Lil Fella (Japanese Chin/Chihuahua)

By Beth Helwig 7 3

Lil Fella is a 7 year old Japanese Chin/Chihuahua. I got fella 7 years ago when the lady I worked with brought in a box of her adorable puppies her own dog had just had.

Lil Fella Japanese Chin and Chihuahua

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Babygirl (Chihuahua Mix)

By ashash012010 1 2

I posted on a Facebook page where animals are in need of a home. Owner contacted me through message and I went and got her that same day.

lying on her side

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Turbo (Chiwienie)

By dedeliggett 1

I got Turbo, when she was 8 weeks old because my son had her for 3 days and couldn't deal with a hyper puppy.

cute brown and white dog in red outfit

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Diamond (Toy Poodle Chihuahua Mix)

By Ceaira S. 2

Diamond is six years old. She is a is a Chihuahua and Toy Poodle mix. Someone we know told us about their give away puppy. It was 2004 near Christmas. She loves to run around. Her favorites thing is to play fetch. She loves to play with her friends.

White dog with fancy collar.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Perla del Mar (Maltese/Chihuahua)

By mia 5 24

Perla del Mar is a 6 week old Maltese and Chihuahua mix. I got Perla last week from mom as her mother's milk had dried out. She likes to play with her brother Dester. Perla is adorable and smart. We are potty training her and she makes it about 80% of the time.

Perla del Mar (Maltese/Chihuahua)

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Bubba (Poodle/Chihuahua) and Miss Mollie (Long-Hair Chihuahua)

By summer davis 3

Bubba(white) and Miss Mollie are both 5 years of age. Bubba is 1/2 Poodle - 1/2 Chihuahua and Miss Mollie is a long-hair Chihuahua. I got them @ 6 weeks of age from different friends. They are inseparable!

Miss Mollie (Long-Hair Chihuahua)

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Koda (Pug/Chihuahua)

By Jade H. 1

My mom walked into a store looking for a jacket and came out with a dog and surprised me with her!

My dog Koda sleeping.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Chloe (Chihuahua - Pomeranian)

Chloe is a 10 month old Chihuahua and Pomeranian. My neighbors were selling her, when school started. She loves to lick people.

Dog licking a woman's face.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Buffy (Chihuahua Mix)

By ginai 1 4

This is Buffy she is a Chihuahua mix. She weighed not even 1 pound when I got her (rescued owner didn't want her and her brother because they were mixed breed). We have had her for 3 years now.

Black dog.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Sadie (Chihuahua/Papillon Mix)

By Kim 1

Sadie is a Chihuahua/Papillon mix. She is two years old, 4 lbs. We absolutely love and spoil her as she the only girl in the family, besides me - mom.

Tan dog, closeup of face.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

BamBam (Chihuahua Mix)

BamBam is a 2 year old chihuahua mix. My neighbor knew our 13 year old dog died and she offered us a puppy. He likes to chase the vacuum when on, or balloons. We love him to death.

chihuahua mix

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Daisy (Chihuahua)

By pmf4real 2

This is one of her favorite places to be, which is under our kitchen table. As you can see, we just place a mat there so she's aware that it is her neutral zone location.

Daisy the Dog

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Trickzy (Pomeranian-Chihuahua)

By Angel 1

My darling Trickzy is 3 years old but turning 4 this winter. Trickzy is a Pomeranian-Chihuahua. I got Trickzy from a family. My pet loves walking and running around everywhere. She is one hyper dog! :P

Brown and white dog in coat.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Chiquita (Chihuahua Mix)

By Brianna Ledezma 2

They gave her to us when she was two weeks old. She likes to run around, play with her food, play by herself, and sleep.

light brown dog with white feet

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Chica (Chihuahua Mix)

By Melissa 3 4

Chica is a 2 year old Chihuahua mix. I got Chica when she was just 9 weeks old. She was the cutest thing ever, and all her siblings looked just like her, but she was just slightly smaller then the rest.

photo of Chica Dog

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Taco (Chihuahua)

Taco is 3 months old on Dec. 21, 09. He is a Chihuahua. I got him from a friend about 1 1/2 months ago. For a short-haired, he loves it outdoors and in the snow. He loves to terrorize our older female Chihuahua, LOL.

Chihuahua puppy

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Bandit (Chihuahua/Spitz) King of the House

Bandit has been king of our house for a long time! He's a mixture of a teacup Chihuahua and a Spitz. He loves marshmallows, mints, and ice, and mom's favorite side on the bed.

Long haired white dog.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Chihuahua Mix Information

tan puppy on red fabricThis is my 8 week old puppy. I still do not have a name for him, but considering Mac. Mom is a chiweenie and dad is a Chihuahua. I was told that the dad was a very small Chihuahua. Will my little man be more Chihuahua or chiweenie? puppy curled up

By Kimberly

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Candace Estrada 2 4 Flag

My puppy looks just like yours!!! See, I was told mine was Chihuahua, but had my doubts because he looks mixed! Either way we love him, but I'm so curious, can somebody help me identify him maybe

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Lala (Mixed Chihuahua)

By Anne Lufrano V. 1

I found her online through a shelter in Rohnert Park, CA. She likes to chase flies, run, and play tug of war with my bed covers.

black dog in white blanket

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Question: What is My Chihuahua Mixed With?

small brown and white dogMy little puppy is almost five months old. He's grown so fast from when we first got him. He has also gotten a lot darker from the first day we got him. We know he's mixed because everyone tells us he is, but we just do not know with what.

By Vanessa B

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Adriana R. 1 Flag

Hi. Have you compare your dog with a miniature pincher? He seems close to mine :)

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Kahlua (Chihuahua, Jack Russell and Poodle Mix)

By Cheyanne 1

Kahlua is a 6 month old Chihuahua, Jack Russell and Poodle Mix. My sister spent a week with my aunt in Sarasota. They were in The Olive Oil Cafe and woman walked in with a puppy.

Black and white mixed dog.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Lexi (Chihuahua Mix)

By Sami Johnson 2

I got her from a family that couldn't take care of her anymore. I got her around 2010. She has an awesome personality! It's hard to train her, but we have trained her to do two things: stay and smile. Smile is basically when they show their teeth, but she wags her tail.

closeup of plant

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Tibby and Charlie (Chihuahua Mix)

By Barbara Haynes 1

Tibby and Charlie are brother and sister. In this photo, they are in our caravan exhausted after running and playing on the beach where we keep our caravan. They are 9 years old and are a chihuahua cross. We got them from a friend 9 years ago.

Side by photos of dogs lying down.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Is My Dog a Chihuahua?

By shaford1 1

small dog in crateSomeone gave me my puppy and said it was a chihuahua. He is a beautiful dog, however it looks nothing like my other two chihuahuas. He's 3 1/2 months old and weigh over 4 lbs. His paws are too big to be such a little dog. He is very strong compared to my other chihuahuas.

By E.F. from Fort Worth, TX

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Chihuahuas
Photos Pets DogsJanuary 14, 2014
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Chex Mix
Homemade Chex Mix Recipes
Bowl of salsa with ingredients in background.
Dry Salsa Mix Recipes
Chihuahua Clothing Patterns
Chihuahua
Chihuahua Breed Information and Photos
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 12, 2016 at 9:30:42 PM on 10.0.2.65 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

All ArticlesQuestionsPhotos
NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulMost AnswersFewest AnswersBest AnswersRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings