Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Chihuahua Mix Photos

1 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Chihuahuas

This popular Mexican breed can sometimes be mixed with other small dogs to create some very cute companions. This page contains Chihuahua mix photos.

Here are questions related to Chihuahua Mix Photos.

Question: What is My Chihuahua Mixed With?

small brown and white dogMy little puppy is almost five months old. He's grown so fast from when we first got him. He has also gotten a lot darker from the first day we got him. We know he's mixed because everyone tells us he is, but we just do not know with what.

By Vanessa B

Most Recent Answer

By Janice L.07/10/2014

He probably isn't mixed with anything! He looks like a pure bred Chi to me. Many people have a preconceived notion of what a Chi is supposed to look like and any that deviate from their notion simply must be mixed with something else.

The fact is that Chihuahuas come in a variety of colors, shapes and sizes. There is two pound Chis and 12 pound Chis, apple heads and deer heads, tall slender Chis and short stocky Chis. The "original" Chihuahua that came from Mexico these many years ago looked very different from today's Chihuahuas.

Breeders have made them even smaller than they already were. They have tried to breed in the round "apple" head and the "bug" eyes because people thought that was cuter. The fact is that only the show dogs really look like the show standard any way.

I love Chihuahuas and have had Chis since I was 12 years old. I am not a breeder, I could never go that route. But I do know Chihuahuas. I have a brindle Chihuahua which admittedly is not a common Chi color. And she is a larger Chi at around 9 pounds. I know that she is 100% Chihuahua but I don't have to prove it to anybody. LOL

I have had people that I don't even know ask what she is mixed with. Its none of their business, so I usually tell them that she is half Chi and half Pit Bull. I don't even think that would be possible, but some probably believe me. LOL

Don't worry about "IF" your baby is mixed or "WHAT" he might be mixed with and just enjoy your beautiful little one.

Question: Is My Dog a Chihuahua?

small dog in crateSomeone gave me my puppy and said it was a chihuahua. He is a beautiful dog, however it looks nothing like my other two chihuahuas. He's 3 1/2 months old and weigh over 4 lbs. His paws are too big to be such a little dog. He is very strong compared to my other chihuahuas.

By E.F. from Fort Worth, TX

Question: Min Pin or Chihuahua Mix?

Small tan dog.I was told that he was a Min Pin, I am thinking he's a chihuahua mix.

Shae from Spokane

Most Recent Answer

By Arianne C.09/25/2013

He looks like a prague ratter. He looks exactly like our boy who is from the Czech republic and is a Prague ratter :)

RE: Min Pin or Chihuahua Mix?

Solutions: Chihuahua Mix Photos

Do you have knowledge about this guide topic? Feel free to share a solution!

Photos

Below are photos related to this guide.

Bob (Chihuahua and Pomeranian Mix)

Bob is a 2 year old Chihuahua/Pomeranian. We got him a year ago this past December. We had been looking on the computer for a dog. I would show a picture to our 2 boys and we all had to agree on the one we wanted. I found the pic of Bob and we all three knew that he was the ONE.

We drove 1 1/2 hours in the snow to get him. He was totally different when we got there from the picture. I wondered what we had gotten in to. He growled and wanted nothing to do with us. The lady handed him to me and he tried to get away. Thank goodness, we got him anyway.

He chases his tail, plays with his toys, and fights with us. He loves his tennis ball and tire on a rope. He really cracks me up with his food. He will get a piece of it and throw it in the air. Then he acts like it is going to get him and he will roll over. He does it over and over. He also loves to play fight. He will stand on his back legs or sit like a squirrel and you act like your slapping the air and he will slap back at you with his front paws.

Bob brings lots of laughter to our home. He came in and just was part of the family. It was really like he belonged here. I don't know how we ever got by without him. He has especially been a blessing to me in the last 7 months. I was diagnosed with cancer. He has totally stood by me and been my biggest cheerleader.

By Christy from Burkesville, KY

Woman holding dog up to her face.

Mighty Molly (Schnauzer/Chihuahua Mix)

Mighty Molly is a 10 week old Schnauzer/Chihuahua mix. This wee one, likely the runt, had a rough start in her litter. She was picked on by siblings and lost weight from not getting enough to eat. The abuse and stress caused by her litter mates resulted in massive loss of hair as well. The baldness had made all of the fresh bite wounds/scratches and the many scars from old ones all the more apparent.

The owner, maybe thinking she was unadoptable because of looking bad, dumped her at the animal shelter where she was soon put on their euthanasia list. I adopted her from the rescue group who mercifully pulled her out of the animal shelter. They had cared for her over three weeks, bringing her to excellent health.

Molly is a love bug to her new pack; me in my role as Packleader/Mom, my husband as something like an uncle who spoils her, our Mimi the Terrier who outweighs Mo by 34 lbs., our Lulu the Labrador who outweighs her by 52 lbs. and four cats who all outweigh her too. Our amazing Mighty Mo is 2 lbs. of unbridled joy and happiness. One of the four cats has actually turned the tide and is becoming motherly towards the puppy.

Mighty Molly (Schnauzer/Chihuahua Mix)

Molly loves to chase after the cats, wanting them to play, while the big dogs chase after her, wanting to play. It is a repeating procession, Life is a Parade.

By Simply Susie from TX

Mighty Molly (Schnauzer/Chihuahua Mix)

Mighty Molly (Schnauzer/Chihuahua Mix)

Li'l AJ (Maltese/Chihuahua)

Li'l AJ is 12 years old. He is a Maltese/Chihuahua. He was an "accident" down at the campgrounds. His little 4 lb mother decided to take a stroll and back herself up to a Maltese (who was tethered cuz' he had been in trouble) and, Voila! Four little "mice" were born a few months later.

He likes to hide his chews, although they are not really hidden. He just thinks they are. If anyone even walks by, oblivious to it even being there, Li'l AJ rushes to it, gets it and puts it somewhere else in plain view, but HE thinks it's hidden. He works very hard at it!

When my father was at home with Hospice with a very short time to live, I would spend the nights. Li'l AJ always sleeps with me. My dad had a "bell" by his bed to ring if he needed me during the night. I awoke to "Woof! Woof!" Li'l AJ had gotten down on the floor, was looking up at me barking. My dad had rang his bell and I didn't hear it. Li'l AJ was letting me know to get up. I had fell asleep on the job!

By LinDuh_in_VA from Richmond, VA

White dog.

Sweetie-Pie (Chihuahua Mix)

Sweetie-Pie is approximately 13 years old. She is a Chihuahua mix. Sweetie pie is the resident dog at the Avian Rescue, where I volunteer. She likes to be petted and cuddled, and she sleeps a lot, also supervises all activities all actions concerning the care of the birds.

By one.of.a.kind

Dog in blanket.

Buddy (Pomeranian-Chihuahua)

Buddy is about 9 -11 years old. He's a Pomeranian/Chihuahua mix. Our neighbors found him running the streets in another town. After they couldn't find his owners, they gave him to us.

Buddy likes to go for walks, and go to different parks for the new smells. ;-) Buddy will bury his Milk Bones in his bed, in my flower pots, in our shoes, and just about everywhere else. Funny thing is he rarely eats those, but digs up and eats the yucky, dirty ones he "plants" in the border flowers. Buddy lying down looking like a little fox.

By Vi J.

Pom Chi mix dog.

Choco (Maltese/Chihuahua) with Peaches (Lhasa Apso)

Choco is 2 years old. She is a Maltese and Chihuahua mix. My friend was telling me that her neighbor had to return to Thailand, and needed to find a home for his small dog. I went to see Choco and, of course, fell in love with her. So here we are. This was in December 2010, so she has been with us for four months now.

Choco likes to play fetch and enjoys playing with my other dog, Peaches, who is a Lhasa Apso. They chase each other around the house and play fight. The two of them even share one bed at times.

Choco was a bit of a challenge at first because she was not house trained, but we seem to have that under control now. She has adjusted to her new home very well, and is very happy and contented here. I am so glad we have her; we are just one happy family.

By Linda A.

Dogs lying on floor.

Muffin (Chihuahua Mix)

This is Muffin aka "Punkin". She is 7 years old. Muffin is a chihuahua, but is also mixed with something else, don't know what. Muffin was given to me by my oldest daughter, Michelle. I became disabled and she thought that I needed a pet to keep me company. Boy, was she ever right!

Muffin loves to play. She will bring me a favorite toy and drop it in front of her and just stare at me until I play with her. She sleeps on a pillow in my computer/craft room at night until I turn my computer and TV off. Then she will roll over on her back for me to pick her up and take her to bed. Oh, did I say that she sleeps with me? She does, and she will stay in the bed until I decide to get up, no matter how long. We usually get up early in the mornings.

In this picture, Muffin can't hold her eyes open. I kept my 2 week old granddaughter all night and Muffin tried to stay up with me all night. Every time the baby cried, Muffin would be wide awake. Every time I feed the baby, she would be wide awake. She didn't get any sleep that night. The next day, she slept about 4 or 5 hours straight and was then able to hold her eyes open.

By Joanie

Tan and white dog.

Perla del Mar (Maltese/Chihuahua)

Perla del Mar is a 6 week old Maltese and Chihuahua mix. I got Perla last week from mom as her mother's milk had dried out. She likes to play with her brother Dester. Perla is adorable and smart. We are potty training her and she makes it about 80% of the time. Perla del Mar (Maltese/Chihuahua) Perla del Mar (Maltese/Chihuahua) Perla del Mar (Maltese/Chihuahua)

By Mia from Fairfield, CA

Perla del Mar (Maltese/Chihuahua)

Diamond (Toy Poodle Chihuahua Mix)

Diamond is six years old. She is a is a Chihuahua and Toy Poodle mix. Someone we know told us about their give away puppy. It was 2004 near Christmas. She loves to run around. Her favorites thing is to play fetch. She loves to play with her friends.

By Ceaira

White dog with fancy collar.

Koda (Pug/Chihuahua)

My dog Koda sleeping.

Your Pet's Age
9 years old

Your Pet's Breed
Pug/Chihuahua

How and when did you get your pet?
My mom walked into a store looking for a jacket and came out with a dog and surprised me with her!

What does your pet like to do for fun?
She likes to play with her sister Dot the cat, snuggle with Dot and me, and follow me around

Do you have anything else to share about your pet?
She makes me feel so important every time I come home. I think she looks like a little sea lion, in this photo, because of her whiskers.

By

Bubba (Poodle/Chihuahua) and Miss Mollie (Long-Hair Chihuahua)

Bubba(white) and Miss Mollie are both 5 years of age. Bubba is 1/2 Poodle - 1/2 Chihuahua and Miss Mollie is a long-hair Chihuahua. I got them at 6 weeks of age from different friends.

They are inseparable! If one eats, so does other, if one pees, so does other and so on. You'd think they were twins! Our cat and doggies love to play chase with each other. They are precious, funny and full of love!

By Summer

Miss Mollie (Long-Hair Chihuahua)

Chloe (Chihuahua - Pomeranian)

Chloe is a 10 month old Chihuahua and Pomeranian. My neighbors were selling her, when school started. She loves to lick people.

By Mariah

Dog licking a woman's face.

Trickzy (Pomeranian-Chihuahua)

My darling Trickzy is 3 years old but turning 4 this winter. Trickzy is a Pomeranian-Chihuahua. I got Trickzy from a family. My pet loves walking and running around everywhere. She is one hyper dog! :P

By Angel

Brown and white dog in coat.

Sadie (Chihuahua/Papillon Mix)

Sadie is a Chihuahua/Papillon mix. She is two years old, 4 lbs. We absolutely love and spoil her as she the only girl in the family, besides me - mom.

By Kim

Tan dog, closeup of face.

Taco (Chihuahua)

Taco is 3 months old on Dec. 21, 09. He is a Chihuahua. I got him from a friend about 1 1/2 months ago. For a short-haired, he loves it outdoors and in the snow. He loves to terrorize our older female Chihuahua, LOL.

By Redskin from Brockville, ON, Canada

Chihuahua puppy

Chica (Chihuahua Mix)

Chica is a 2 year old Chihuahua mix. I got Chica when she was just 9 weeks old. She was the cutest thing ever, and all her siblings looked just like her, but she was just slightly smaller then the rest.

Chica likes to play with her toys and any stuffed animal, even if it's not meant for her! She only likes to eat bones after all the other dogs have slobbered all over them. She also likes to rough house with her best friend Toki, who is a male toy Fox Terrier. photo of Chica Dog

She has a very big personality for such a little girl. If you don't pay attention to her, she barks and growls at you. She also does this when she wants to play. She has many nicknames and answers to all of them: Peeks, Peeker Peek, Peekers, Little Girl, and Chica Peek. photo of Chica Dog

Chica loves to snuggle under the covers and be close to you. She likes to snuggle up on your lap and put her head on your chest. She likes to smell your mouth before she kisses you, to see what you have been snacking on without her. She's a beggar for human food!

By Melissa from OH

photo of Chica Dog

Kahlua (Chihuahua, Jack Russell and Poodle Mix)

Kahlua is a 6 month old Chihuahua, Jack Russell and Poodle Mix. My sister spent a week with my aunt in Sarasota. They were in The Olive Oil Cafe and woman walked in with a puppy. My aunt convinced my sister to bring the puppy home to me because I love dogs. That was in early June 2009.

For fun, Kahlua chews ears, shoes, socks, feet, noses, and basically anything else. She loves walks and watching TV. She also loves to dig holes. Kahlua has made me so happy. We have become inseperable and everyone loves her.

By Cheyanne from Mercer, PA

Black and white mixed dog.

Buffy (Chihuahua Mix)

This is Buffy she is a Chihuahua mix. She weighed not even 1 pound when I got her (rescued owner didn't want her and her brother because they were mixed breed). We have had her for 3 years now.

We got Buffy because she is a mix breed and her owner didn't want her. Two little puppies under 6 weeks old, left outside in a garbage dump, with no food. My hubby's brother took them home where they ate cat food till I got them! They were so tiny!

Buffy loves to sleep, and eat, and snuggle! She is our baby! Although she didn't even weigh a pound when we got her, she now weighs over 40 pounds! She is a little fatty!

By Ginai from Atlanta, GA

Black dog.

Tibby and Charlie (Chihuahua Mix)

Tibby and Charlie are brother and sister. In this photo, they are in our caravan exhausted after running and playing on the beach where we keep our caravan. They are 9 years old and are a chihuahua cross. We got them from a friend 9 years ago.

They like to run and play on the beach and by the creek close to our home, chasing the birds. They are loyal, loveable, cuddly and talkative. Walking by the wetlands close to our home, they almost caught a baby duck that was wandering not far from it's mum and dad.

By mybeast Side by photos of dogs lying down.

Bandit (Chihuahua/Spitz) King of the House

Bandit has been king of our house for a long time! He's a mixture of a teacup Chihuahua and a Spitz. He loves marshmallows, mints, and ice, and mom's favorite side on the bed. His favorite trick is beating me to my side of the bed when I turn out the lights. He'll look at me with those big eyes as if to say "Well-- you moved!"

He's a very picky eater until we discovered Kibbles and Bits Homestyle Dog Food. Nice to see an empty bowl for a change! When he came down with Arthritis we bought Joint Relief tablets and they have him back to his old self again.

By Sharon

Long haired white dog.