Browsing: Cleaning Baked On Food

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Cleaning Baked On Food

Trying to clean baked on food off of pots, pans, and other bakeware can be very frustrating and a lot of work. This is a guide about cleaning baked on food.

Baked On Food in Broiler Pan
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

May 26, 2009 Flag

How do you remove burned food from Pyrex? It is a sugary glaze that burned on to the Pyrex.

By gmadrum from Turlock, CA

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I put a good amount of baking soda and small amount of water, set on low on the stove, it gently "simmers" it out, have done hundreds of times, especially on dishes with burn stains from garage sales. As soon as you take it off, dump the water and start rinsing the leftover gunk out with Dobie and water.

Read More Answers...

April 9, 2012 Flag

Fill the burnt pan with soap and water and add a fabric softener sheet. Let set overnight and wash as usual. If it is a stubborn burn repeat the process.

By Mary from Nebraska and AZ

Comment On This PostMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

June 27, 2011 Flag

I heated onion soup with milk and let it boil over. I immediately soaked the pan in hot soapy water. I cannot get the stain off my pot. I have hand washed it, used steel wool, run it though the dishwasher multiple times and nothing works. Help please!

By Melinda D. from OKC, OK

If it's just a stain, it won't affect the pot. You can still use it. If it's stuck on milk, then one of the other suggestions should work.

Read More Answers...

April 5, 2010 Flag

I always find it hard to clean my glass bakeware or metal baking sheets after making lasagna or cake. Is there any solution I can soak them in before scrubbing?

I use SOS pads, but I am sick of scrubbing for so long to get this mess out. I would rather soak it first in something better. I have tried hot water and soap. Any suggestions please?

By Amber Dawn from Toronto, Ontario

Dishwasher detergent. That stuff dissolves everything.

Read More Answers...

January 25, 2011 Flag

How do I clean a scorched pot?

By Evelyn from Savannah, GA

Put a new or used dryer sheet and warm water and let it soak. Scrub with the dryer sheet. Works like a charm.

Read More Answers...

January 18, 2011 Flag

I cannot remove Pam spray residue from a cookie sheet once it is baked on. Food residue can be cleaned with no problem after soaking with soapy water.

By Dee Jay from Clearwater, FL

And I thought I was crazy wandering what was going on with my pans. It's the spray! I have soaked-boiled went through a box of SOS pads and it's the freaking spray. Thank for the post because I wont use the spray again. It took for ever to get it off my cast iron skillet and then I had to season it all over again. The spray is gone today.

Read More Answers...

May 24, 2007 Flag

Those little square plastic tabs that are used to close bread bags are wonderful for scraping baked-on food from casserole dishes and pots and pans (including those non-stick teflon pans). They don't scratch! I even use one on the surface of the stove if things have spilled and have gotten hard and crusty. It's also a great way to clean a glass top stove. Use and toss. There's always more where that one came from.

By Carole Ann Lee from Portland, Oregon

August 30, 2011 Flag

I would like information on cleaning off burnt stains on stainless steal pots and pans after the gunky stuff is off. Thank you.

By suni0118 from Madison, WI

Barkeeper's Friend also works amazingly well. Most grocery stores have it in the section where Comet and other cleaning powders are sold. It's non-abrasive and really shines up stainless steel to look like new. I use it on my cooktop and many other things too.

Read More Answers...

August 1, 2005 Flag

I know two tips for burnt pans. The first one is to boil rhubarb in the pan - it works! The second is to boil a small amount of bio washing powder in the burnt pan - it also works!

By Deb

March 8, 2007 Flag

Take enough cream of tartar to cover the area to be cleaned and/or to remove baked on food. Add enough vinegar to make a thin paste. Cover the area to be cleaned and apply extra thick on baked on areas. Leave on 12 hours. Wipe off and wash thoroughly. Use second application if necessary.

By Charley from West Henrietta, NY

October 18, 2011 Flag

When hand washing glass cookware and cast iron pans, I like to use a window paint scraper with the blade to remove baked on food. It works great and has them clean in no time.

September 29, 2010 Flag

If you have burned on gunk in a pan, soak the pan or burner ring in dishwasher detergent. Just put some in the pan, add hot water, and let sit for a few hours or overnight. Stuff will come right off.

December 7, 2004 Flag

We have just over baked some beans in a crock bean pot and they have really cooked on. We have scrubbed until we have worn out 2 pads. Is there an easy way to clean baked on beans from a crock bean pot?
Thank you,
Bob

a lot of times when i have something that is baked on and won't come off I let is soak overnight in hot water, dish soap and clorox cleanup. or just spray it with the clorox clean up and let it soak for a while...usually works well. Clorox cleanup is a staple in my kitchen, laundry room, bathroom and every room in my house!

Read More Answers...

January 25, 2011 Flag

How do I clean a burnt pan?

By Suzhikes

Answers:

Cleaning Burnt Pans

Put baking soda in the bottom of the wet pan and scrub it with steel wool or another scratchy object. Wash it when you are done. (12/20/2010)

By countrydoglover

Cleaning Burnt Pans

This works everytime! Cover the surface with washing powder and then add a small amount of water to form a paste. Leave to soak overnight. Then using firstly a spatula or scraper ease the burnt food off the surface which will come away quite easily. The rest should come away quite easily with a scourer. On the outer bit of the pan use Jif or something similar to get rid of the rest of the burn. Good luck! (12/22/2010)

By MOWATANNE

Cleaning Burnt Pans

CLR (12/22/2010)

By bama03

January 18, 2011 Flag

How do I clean cooking spray off of cookie sheets? I have a nonstick cookie sheet which I used and the cooking spray will not come off of it. It's a mess. It didn't even come off in the dishwasher. Any help would be appreciated.

By Jen from Forest Lake, MN

Answers:

Removing Baked On Cooking Spray

Have you tried the 'fight fire with fire' method? Spray cooking spray on the sheet; wait a couple of minutes, then see if it will remove. I recommend a non-scratching scrubber. (10/14/2009)

By Cajun62234

Removing Baked On Cooking Spray

Baking soda, my best friend. (10/15/2009)

By pjcustar

December 20, 2010 Flag

I burnt chili on the bottom of a pan. How can I get it clean?

By Ron from Chicago, IL

Answers:

Cleaning Burnt Pans

I see you have lots of answers to your question here, and this has nothing to do with cleaning the pan, but here is a tip to keep burned chili from tasting burned. Once the chili scorches, pour it in a different pot, and don't scrape the bottom of the pot or you'll get the burned taste in the chili. (11/20/2010)

By Anonymous

Cleaning Burnt Pans

Fill the pan with water and a bit of dish soap. Bring it to a boil and then let it set overnight. Then wash it normally. The burnt chili should come right off! Best wishes. (11/20/2010)

By Ivy W.

Cleaning Burnt Pans

I managed to burn sugar onto the bottom of an (fairly expensive and new) enameled pan, as anyone who has faced it will know, burnt-on sugar is a nightmare.

After trying bicarbonate of soda, biological washing powder and denture cleaning tablets (all of which I recommend trying first) I resorted to medical peroxide, which I was reliably informed would definitely sort it out.

Alas, it didn't. In the end I resorted to coating the bottom in household ammonia and replacing the lid quickly because of the smell. I then went about my daily business and came back a good 18 hours later. Opening all the windows and standing well back, I placed the pan-and-lid under a quickly running cold tap. Then taking the lid off and standing well back to avoid fumed, I watched as the previously immovable burn simply floated away down the drain! The enamel was untouched so, following a vigorous clean to remove any traces of ammonia, the pan was as good as new.

I don't know whether teflon (non-stick coating) would also be impervious to ammonia in the same way, and suspect that aluminum would react badly, but ammonia's definitely a winner on enamel. I'd probably try all all the other methods first though, ammonia's horrible stuff and stinks your kitchen out. (11/21/2010)

By rjt88

Cleaning Burnt Pans

I have tried all these methods with varying poor results. What works best is to sprinkle on some powdered dishwasher detergent, add hot water and let sit overnight. By a.m. all the gunk washes off with just a touch of a scrubby sponge. (11/21/2010)

By lindal

November 19, 2010 Flag

The inside of a stainless kettle burnt after I forgot I was steaming beans. How do I clean the kettle?

September 29, 2010 Flag

If you have burned on food in your pans, add some water and dishwasher detergent, and boil for a few minutes. The food comes right off.

July 27, 2010 Flag

I left a Revere egg poaching pot on the stove with the lid on and it boiled dry. Now the inside of the whole thing is black and the copper bottom is now very, very dull.

June 18, 2010 Flag

I burned macaroni in my Revereware pan. Now it is really black and stuck. I have been soaking with hot soapy water and scrubbing with SOS pad. Help.

June 17, 2010 Flag

I have a pot that I forgot was cooking on the stove. I guess you know what happened. All the food burnt and the pot looks awful. How do I clean it and what do I use?

April 5, 2010 Flag

I burned my baking pan while baking my apple pie. It dripped over onto the baking pan. I tried boiling it on stove, but no luck. Please help. It is a brand new pan.

April 3, 2010 Flag

I burned oatmeal on my Calphalon steel stockpot. I have washed it and scrubbed it and nothing seems to take it out. How can I remove it?

February 24, 2010 Flag

I burned some meatballs in spaghetti sauce in a pot that I forgot was on low flame. I don't have the "muscle grease" to scrub it off.

January 8, 2010 Flag

I burnt my teapot by leaving it on the stove for too long. It now has brown spots all over it. How do I clean it?

Load More
Home and Garden Cleaning DishesOctober 22, 2012
Woman Holding Her Mouth With Chili Pepper
Stopping the Burn from Spicy Food
Mashed potatoes with bacon and cheese.
Twice Baked Mashed Potato Recipes
Pet Food in Bowl
Buying Pet Food
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 29, 2016 at 8:30:53 PM on 10.0.0.252 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.