Browsing: Cleaning Baked On Food

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Cleaning Baked On Food

Trying to clean baked on food off of pots, pans, and other bakeware can be very frustrating and a lot of work. This is a guide about cleaning baked on food.

Baked On Food in Broiler Pan
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

May 26, 2009 Flag

How do you remove burned food from Pyrex? It is a sugary glaze that burned on to the Pyrex.

By gmadrum from Turlock, CA

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I put a good amount of baking soda and small amount of water, set on low on the stove, it gently "simmers" it out, have done hundreds of times, especially on dishes with burn stains from garage sales. As soon as you take it off, dump the water and start rinsing the leftover gunk out with Dobie and water.

Read More Answers...

April 9, 2012 Flag

Fill the burnt pan with soap and water and add a fabric softener sheet. Let set overnight and wash as usual. If it is a stubborn burn repeat the process.

By Mary from Nebraska and AZ

June 27, 2011 Flag

I heated onion soup with milk and let it boil over. I immediately soaked the pan in hot soapy water. I cannot get the stain off my pot. I have hand washed it, used steel wool, run it though the dishwasher multiple times and nothing works. Help please!

By Melinda D. from OKC, OK

If it's just a stain, it won't affect the pot. You can still use it. If it's stuck on milk, then one of the other suggestions should work.

Read More Answers...

April 5, 2010 Flag

I always find it hard to clean my glass bakeware or metal baking sheets after making lasagna or cake. Is there any solution I can soak them in before scrubbing?

I use SOS pads, but I am sick of scrubbing for so long to get this mess out. I would rather soak it first in something better. I have tried hot water and soap. Any suggestions please?

By Amber Dawn from Toronto, Ontario

Dishwasher detergent. That stuff dissolves everything.

Read More Answers...

May 24, 2007 Flag

Those little square plastic tabs that are used to close bread bags are wonderful for scraping baked-on food from casserole dishes and pots and pans (including those non-stick teflon pans). They don't scratch! I even use one on the surface of the stove if things have spilled and have gotten hard and crusty. It's also a great way to clean a glass top stove. Use and toss. There's always more where that one came from.

By Carole Ann Lee from Portland, Oregon

January 25, 2011 Flag

How do I clean a scorched pot?

By Evelyn from Savannah, GA

Put a new or used dryer sheet and warm water and let it soak. Scrub with the dryer sheet. Works like a charm.

Read More Answers...

January 18, 2011 Flag

I cannot remove Pam spray residue from a cookie sheet once it is baked on. Food residue can be cleaned with no problem after soaking with soapy water.

By Dee Jay from Clearwater, FL

And I thought I was crazy wandering what was going on with my pans. It's the spray! I have soaked-boiled went through a box of SOS pads and it's the freaking spray. Thank for the post because I wont use the spray again. It took for ever to get it off my cast iron skillet and then I had to season it all over again. The spray is gone today.

Read More Answers...

August 30, 2011 Flag

I would like information on cleaning off burnt stains on stainless steal pots and pans after the gunky stuff is off. Thank you.

By suni0118 from Madison, WI

Barkeeper's Friend also works amazingly well. Most grocery stores have it in the section where Comet and other cleaning powders are sold. It's non-abrasive and really shines up stainless steel to look like new. I use it on my cooktop and many other things too.

Read More Answers...

August 1, 2005 Flag

I know two tips for burnt pans. The first one is to boil rhubarb in the pan - it works! The second is to boil a small amount of bio washing powder in the burnt pan - it also works!

By Deb

March 8, 2007 Flag

Take enough cream of tartar to cover the area to be cleaned and/or to remove baked on food. Add enough vinegar to make a thin paste.

October 18, 2011 Flag

When hand washing glass cookware and cast iron pans, I like to use a window paint scraper with the blade to remove baked on food. It works great and has them clean in no time.

September 29, 2010 Flag

If you have burned on gunk in a pan, soak the pan or burner ring in dishwasher detergent. Just put some in the pan, add hot water, and let sit for a few hours or overnight. Stuff will come right off.

December 7, 2004 Flag

We have just over baked some beans in a crock bean pot and they have really cooked on. We have scrubbed until we have worn out 2 pads. Is there an easy way to clean baked on beans from a crock bean pot?
Thank you,
Bob

a lot of times when i have something that is baked on and won't come off I let is soak overnight in hot water, dish soap and clorox cleanup. or just spray it with the clorox clean up and let it soak for a while...usually works well. Clorox cleanup is a staple in my kitchen, laundry room, bathroom and every room in my house!

Read More Answers...

January 25, 2011 Flag

How do I clean a burnt pan?

Load More
Home and Garden Cleaning DishesOctober 22, 2012
Woman Holding Her Mouth With Chili Pepper
Stopping the Burn from Spicy Food
Mashed potatoes with bacon and cheese.
Twice Baked Mashed Potato Recipes
Pet Food in Bowl
Buying Pet Food
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 26, 2016 at 10:37:45 PM on 10.0.2.229 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.