Cleaning Baked On Food

Trying to clean baked on food off of pots, pans, and other bakeware can be very frustrating and a lot of work. This is a guide about cleaning baked on food.

April 9, 2012 Flag

Fill the burnt pan with soap and water and add a fabric softener sheet. Let set overnight and wash as usual. If it is a stubborn burn repeat the process.

By Mary from Nebraska and AZ

I am going to remember this one! Thanks, I enjoy learning new things,ways to save money. Exciting to read one I hadn't heard of before. Blessings to you!

May 24, 2007 Flag

Those little square plastic tabs that are used to close bread bags are wonderful for scraping baked-on food from casserole dishes and pots and pans (including those non-stick teflon pans). They don't scratch! I even use one on the surface of the stove if things have spilled and have gotten hard and crusty. It's also a great way to clean a glass top stove. Use and toss. There's always more where that one came from.

By Carole Ann Lee from Portland, Oregon

Great ideas! Also you can use those little plastic bread & bun closures to spread glue in crafting projects!

August 1, 2005 Flag

I know two tips for burnt pans. The first one is to boil rhubarb in the pan - it works! The second is to boil a small amount of bio washing powder in the burnt pan - it also works!

May 26, 2009 Flag

How do you remove burned food from Pyrex? It is a sugary glaze that burned on to the Pyrex.

By gmadrum from Turlock, CA

I had baked on food for years on my pyrex 9 x13 and read here that Mr. Clean Erasers would remove it. So $3.79 later I still have baked on food. Didn't even touch it. Don't waste your money save MR.Clean for the bathroom. Now on to Easy Off oven cleaner and give that a shot. I'm doing it outside however, that stuff is toxic!

March 8, 2007 Flag

Take enough cream of tartar to cover the area to be cleaned and/or to remove baked on food. Add enough vinegar to make a thin paste.

June 27, 2011 Flag

I heated onion soup with milk and let it boil over. I immediately soaked the pan in hot soapy water. I cannot get the stain off my pot. I have hand washed it, used steel wool, run it though the dishwasher multiple times and nothing works. Help please!

By Melinda D. from OKC, OK

A little Cascade dishwasher detergent in water. Simmer a little, let stand awhile. Newer DW detergent has no phosphates. You may have to add quarter teaspoon TSP.

April 5, 2010 Flag

I always find it hard to clean my glass bakeware or metal baking sheets after making lasagna or cake. Is there any solution I can soak them in before scrubbing?

I use SOS pads, but I am sick of scrubbing for so long to get this mess out. I would rather soak it first in something better. I have tried hot water and soap. Any suggestions please?

By Amber Dawn from Toronto, Ontario

White Vinegar, hot water and a good liquid dish soap heated up on the stove and leave covered over night. On glass and stainless steele, only. Not for use on aluminum though. Do not use anything to scratch the glass as that can weaken it and could cause it to break..

December 7, 2004 Flag

We have just over baked some beans in a crock bean pot and they have really cooked on. We have scrubbed until we have worn out 2 pads. Is there an easy way to clean baked on beans from a crock bean pot?
Thank you,
Bob

I need help! I baked a mince pie with a Pam-sprayed baking sheet on the oven rack below the pie. Now, the Pam is baked on and scrubbing with Barkeeper's Friend or Bon-Ami doesn't work. Any ideas?

October 18, 2011 Flag

When hand washing glass cookware and cast iron pans, I like to use a window paint scraper with the blade to remove baked on food. It works great and has them clean in no time.

January 25, 2011 Flag

How do I clean a scorched pot?

By Evelyn from Savannah, GA

I have always read to pour enough coca-cola soda over the area and let it rest, and recently tried it on a pot I thought I had to throw away, and it worked like magic! After I had let it rest for awhile, I used a brush and it easily came off. I was very impressed! I did scrub it a bit before I tried this and removed most of the food residue, then covered the bottom with straight soda...no water or anything and just let it soak, and presto.

January 18, 2011 Flag

I cannot remove Pam spray residue from a cookie sheet once it is baked on. Food residue can be cleaned with no problem after soaking with soapy water.

By Dee Jay from Clearwater, FL

There are certain pans one never uses cooking sprays on but you have to use oil based coatings, like cast iron. I use steel wool and "elbow grease".

September 29, 2010 Flag

If you have burned on gunk in a pan, soak the pan or burner ring in dishwasher detergent. Just put some in the pan, add hot water, and let sit for a few hours or overnight. Stuff will come right off.

August 30, 2011 Flag

I would like information on cleaning off burnt stains on stainless steal pots and pans after the gunky stuff is off. Thank you.

By suni0118 from Madison, WI

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Easy Off oven cleaner works great on my s.s. pots and pans when burned food gets on them. Just spray, wait and clean out with dry paper towel.

November 24, 2009 Flag

Does anyone know of an easy way to clean a burnt pan? I was boiling some potatoes and the water boiled off and my pan is stained black.

January 25, 2011 Flag

How do I clean a burnt pan?

Load More
Home and Garden Cleaning DishesOctober 22, 2012
Woman Holding Her Mouth With Chili Pepper
Stopping the Burn from Spicy Food
Mashed potatoes with bacon and cheese.
Twice Baked Mashed Potato Recipes
Pet Food in Bowl
Buying Pet Food
🎄