Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass

Candle wax can get on your glass candle holder or drip onto a glass surface. When removing it you want to be sure to not damage the glass. This is a guide about cleaning candle wax from glass.

September 20, 2011 Flag

I used to put the glass votive candle holders in the freezer to 'pop' out the old candle wax and that works, but I have found a much easier way.

I run about 1 teaspoon of water into the glass votive holder from the faucet, then put it in the microwave for 1 minute. Microwaves vary, so run it long enough to completely melt the old wax. Be careful, it gets very hot!

When it's just cool enough to handle, I simply take a paper towel and wipe it out dry. You're done. You don't even have to wash it because it comes out so clean. Obviously you cannot put a metal votive in the microwave, so the freezer is still a good idea for those.

By Patty from East Peoria, IL

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Before I use my votives, I put enough water in the cup just to cover the bottom. I then put my candle in. After it has burned, I just turn the candle over and it falls out.

July 11, 2007 Flag

How can I remove candle wax from a glass tabletop?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I'm thinking that if you scrape the wax off w/ a single edged razor blade then place a cloth over the residual wax and use a medium hot iron on the cloth it may absorb the rest of it or at least make it easier for you to wipe off what's left. Hope that helps.

First put an ice cube on the wax to chill it well and then use a single edge razor blade (single edge for safety for you!) to scrape the wax off the glass. Any residual should come off with your hair dryer and a paper towel.

Try warming the wax to soften it with a hair-dryer and it should lift pretty easily from the table top with your fingernail.

Chill the wax first; scrape it off with an old credit card (I save the ones that come in the mail unsolicited & use them for almost everything that needs scraping). When most of it is removed, let the glass come to room temperature, then place paper towels on top of the residue and heat with a blow dryer. This should clear it up completely.

Home and Garden Cleaning GlassSeptember 12, 2011
Bungalow style kitchen cabinet with glass paned doors.
Cleaning Glass Doors on Wood Furniture
candle
Cleaning Candle Wax from Upholstery
Woman in Green Shirt Cleaning Glass with Squeege
Cleaning Sliding Glass Doors
Gluing Glass to Glass
Gluing Glass to Glass
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 22, 2017 at 2:22:09 AM on 10.0.0.173 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.