Cleaning Fabric Softener Dispenser

How to you clean a fabric softener dispenser in a 10 year old Whirlpool clothes washer?

By Linda

Best Answer

I have a Maytag too. When the service man came one time, I asked him how to remove the dispenser. It's simple, unscrew the top part of the dispenser (it does come off) and then just pull the actual dispenser straight up. It's really surprising how much gunk is hiding inside and down inside the agitator. Clean the dispenser in hot water. You may have to scrape the oily fabric softener residue off of the dispenser, but it will come clean! I used a long knife to scrape the inside of the agitator. After the worst was off, I cleaned it with a bottle brush. Good luck and have fun!

Best Answer

I have a 10 year old Maytag too. I take a bucket with lots of hot sudsy water, start pouring it quickly into the dispenser. Then take a wet washcloth and rub around the inside. Keep doing this a couple times THEN take a dry washrag which helps remove the final. You should clean this often, getting the gunk off. As you fill your washer with water before adding the clothes, this can be done, then it runs into the washer and just wash!

Cleaning a Fabric Softener Dispenser
Cleaning a Fabric Softener Dispenser
Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryDecember 28, 2010
Fabric Softener Reviews
Fabric Softener Reviews
Generic Fabric Softener Bottles
Homemade Fabric Softener Recipes
Water Softener
Buying a Water Softener
Downy Fabric Softener Ball
Uses For Downy Fabric Softener Balls