Clothing is Bleeding Onto Itself

When washing clothes, colors may bleed. This guide is about clothing is bleeding onto itself.

My daughter's dress's background colour has run on to the main colour. What do I do?

you could try rubbing salt into area's that have run and leave for a day or two. its worth a try.

I have a silk shirt which is black and white stripe. On the label it said wash in cold water which I did and the black has run into the white. Is there anyway I can fix this?
Thanks.

Answer Was this helpful? 1

My shirt is silk and it says not to use on silk, also I live in

Australia and haven't heard of the product.

I have a white lace dress with a black zipper. It says dry clean, but I washed it in cold water. The dye as come from the zipper onto the lace dress. The dress is just lace no underskirt so it's see through. How can I get the dye out? Please help.

Answer Was this helpful? 1

Shout color run remover. It is found in the laundry aisle.

I have a white football jersey with blue strips on the sides and blue sleeves. I washed it and the blue bled onto the white making it baby blue. How do I return it to its original white color?

Shout makes a color run remover. Its in the laundry aisle and does very good.

I made a Santa suit and had to wash it. The red dye has run into the white and made it pink how do I get the white fluff white without making it worse?

My yellow colour kurti..base color is yellow n thread embroidery colour blue...blue color fade on yellow..nw what to do???plz help

I have a white jacket with black trimmings. It's my absolute favorite!
The outer shell is:
70% viscose, 26% polyester, 4% elastene lining.
Inner:
94% viscose, 6% elastane.

I have hand washed it before and it has been fine although I accidentally used hotwater this time and it has come out yellow. It is curently soaking in cold water. Please does anyone know if this is fixable or have I ruined it? I can't find any information for cleaning tips anywhere!

Anonymous

try dying it white - use your washing machine and a Ritz or Dylon dye solution (liquid dye would be best rather than the powder).

Good luck - no harm in trying

I am in need of help. I have a white polyester blazer with black lapels, and the black has transferred onto the white in patches that look purple all over the blazer. Is it possible to remove the purple patches without disturbing the black lapels on the blazer? I haven't even been able to wear the blazer yet.

Any feedback is appreciated.

I recently brought a red and white morph suit and the white areas have turned slightly red/pink. Is there any way I can remove the red/pink from the white areas completely? Please respond as soon as possible as I need to use the morph suit for Friday.

By Matt

If you rub a sliced open lemon on it, it will draw the pink coloring out.

I have a light orange Harley Davidson cotton short sleeve shirt. It has black dye spots on the orange on the right shoulder. Can it ever come out?

I've got a multi coloured shirt with the following colours; white, red, grey, and dark blue. After washing the shirt, the red and blue colours bled into the white and now my shirt is ruined. Please I need your help.

By Jesse

Try rewashing it again this time putting salt in ur water. It will stop the colors from running, and hopefully take out the stains.

I have washed my daughter's denim jacket which has a cream coloured fur collar. I followed the washing instructions to the letter, but as you can guess, the fur is now blue! Please can anyone help? How can I restore the fur to its original creamy white colour?

I washed a white piece of clothing with red thread embroidery and all the red bled onto the white, so now it is a shade of pink. Another piece of clothing that I washed had a maroon lace, the clothing itself is a self-print light beige, and the maroon lace bled onto the shirt. So now there are light maroonish color stains below the lace. (I washed both clothes separately).

I wanted to know will the boiling water and bleach method work on these shirts or will it completely ruin my clothes? Any other suggestions?

By XYZ

My mother-in-law told me about soaking clothes in salt water, I have also heard about vinegar water, but never had any success with either one. Actually what I was told was that the soaking kept the clothes from fading, not from colors running into each other.

Help! I made my daughter's pink and white uniform tie-dye on the white. She has 2 tournaments this weekend. It cost $200 and no way can I buy one as it can take weeks. What can I do?

By Esther W.

Rit dye used to make a product called color removal, that may work.

How do I get navy colour out of outfit that has run into a yellow part of the outfit? Please help; it's my daughter's cheer dance outfit. Thanx.

By Karen

Color safe bleach.

For silk cotton material dresses, dry wash can be replaced by a shampoo wash. Usually we do that, but this time while we washed a silk cotton dress (Chudi top) the dark dye mixed with the lighter dye. The dress color is magenta and sandal. After shampoo wash we seen that the magenta dye color mixed with the sandal dye color. Is there any chance to recover the actual sandal dye color by removing magenta dye color? The dress material is silk cotton where normal wash is not applicable.

When I soaked my new white and black striped dress in cold water using Surf xcel some part of the whitish part was covered with the black colour of the dress itself. How do I clean it now? It's new and my fav dress. Pleass help me as soon as possible.

Arpita

This sound like a fashion problem. If it's white, don't be afraid bleach it, girl :) Hope this helped.

I have a top with red and green colors, but after washing the green color bled onto the red color. Now I can't wear it. Is there any solution to remove the green color from red color?

By Priya from India

I have a jacket and a vest made of 86% nylon and 14% spandex that I soaked in cold water and Epsom salt before washing. The black bled into the pink and it has left spots, lots of them on the garments. I washed them in cold water with no fabric softener after the soaking, but the color still bled. What can I do now?

By Lyn from Saskatchewan, Canada

I just used Oxi Clean and it worked like a charm. I washed cranberry fabric with colors/white print and all the white was pink! 5 yards of fabric at $9.00 a yard and I thought I ruined it before I even started! I put it in the sink with warm water and a bunch of Oxi Clean and the water instantly turned pink, within minutes the white was white again! I am amazed and relieved. It really works!

How do I remove the red that bled onto the white of my daughter's swimsuit? It's a Nike red and white striped tankini. She wore it in the ocean and pool, then soaked it in cold water. The water turned pink and the red bled onto the white. After letting it air dry, I then washed it on delicate in cold water with a mild detergent (Ecos, coconut based) and a Shout Color Catcher sheet. The bleed did not improve. The red is now dark pink and the white is light pink. Any suggestions?

By Deborah B.

Shout Color Catcher isn't for removing color that has already bled onto another color, it is to prevent it in the first place. If the color is even don't worry about it, let it look like two shades of pink. Other wise carefully use bleach on the parts that are supposed to be white. But by doing that you run the risk of getting bleach on the colored part.

If wearing it in the ocean and the pool didn't cause the colors to bleed, then your daughter soaked it in more than just cold water. Myself, rather than have it soaking I would have given it a quick rinse and and left it to dry. I am also real leery about buying red and white combos.

However I have had a red sweatshirt with a white inset in the v-neck for about six years and have always used the color catcher sheets when I launder it and the red looks like new and there is no sign of bleed on the white.

I have a dress that has a black skirt attached to a white lace top. I stupidly left the dress to soak over night in order to remove a make up stain from the white lace, but the black skirt of the dress bled onto the white lace leaving it a very light shade of purple. Would a color safe bleach be safe to use on the white lace? Also, the dress has since dried so I have a feeling the dye has now set. Is there any hope of saving my dress?
Thanks :-)

By Bec

Did the dress air dry or dryer dry? If dryer dried, the stain may be set. Since it is unwearable as is, you could try soaking it in a solution of powder dishwasher detergent and lukewarm water. Mix 1 cup detergent into enough water to keep the dress submerged overnight. Weigh it down with a plate on top in the container if needed. Then rinse well and air dry. If it helped but was not completely successful, repeat.

If you don't have a dishwasher, the el cheapo brand from the dollar store works fine. You also could try laundering the dress as usual by itself with 2-3 Shout Color Catcher Sheets. The box says use 1 but I have found that more seem to work better. This product can be found in the detergent aisle at the supermarket. Hope one of these helps.

I have a red and white striped dress that has turned out pink and red when washed! How can I get it back to red and white again? Would appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Linda from Sydney, Australia

Sorry if I'm late with this - have had computer problems for over a week. Dylon have a product called Runaway that removes dye that has run in the wash. I have used it succdessfully. Here is a link to the product:

<http://www.dylo  loursafe.htm>

I just washed for the first time a red sweatshirt with a white embroidered motif, and the colour has run from the red into the white. Can I rescue it, and how can I prevent it happening with the other sweatshirts which are similar (one violet and one jade) also with white embroidered motif, before I risk washing them?

By Jenny G

I found this link. I hope it helps you get the dye out of the fabric!

Run cold water in a sink and place a tablespoon of all-fabric powdered bleach in the water. Make sure to use a powdered bleach that works with all colors and fabrics

Read more: How to Remove Transferred Dye From Fabric | eHow.com http://www.ehow  ml#ixzz1m8SVMAqz

Load More