Browsing: Clothing is Bleeding Onto Itself

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Clothing is Bleeding Onto Itself

When washing clothes, colors may bleed. This guide is about how to prevent or fix color transferred on pieces of clothing.

Two color rugby shirt.
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

September 1, 2016 Flag

My daughter's dress's background colour has run on to the main colour. What do I do?

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

March 17, 2016 Flag

I have a silk shirt which is black and white stripe. On the label it said wash in cold water which I did and the black has run into the white. Is there anyway I can fix this?
Thanks.

white shirt with black stripes

My shirt is silk and it says not to use on silk, also I live in

Australia and haven't heard of the product.

Always try to keep receipts and buy from stores that allow returns in cases like this. You followed the rules, after all. Even if you were able to fix this somehow there's no guarantee it wouldn't happen again the next time you wash it.

A shirt that isn't washable isn't usable, so get the store to reimburse you.

July 18, 2016 Flag

I have a white lace dress with a black zipper. It says dry clean, but I washed it in cold water. The dye as come from the zipper onto the lace dress. The dress is just lace no underskirt so it's see through. How can I get the dye out? Please help.

August 8, 2016 Flag

I am in need of help. I have a white polyester blazer with black lapels, and the black has transferred onto the white in patches that look purple all over the blazer. Is it possible to remove the purple patches without disturbing the black lapels on the blazer? I haven't even been able to wear the blazer yet.

Any feedback is appreciated.

black dye on white polyesterBlack Dye Transferred on White Polyester Blazer

January 22, 2016 Flag

I have a white jacket with black trimmings. It's my absolute favorite!
The outer shell is:
70% viscose, 26% polyester, 4% elastene lining.
Inner:
94% viscose, 6% elastane.

I have hand washed it before and it has been fine although I accidentally used hotwater this time and it has come out yellow. It is curently soaking in cold water. Please does anyone know if this is fixable or have I ruined it? I can't find any information for cleaning tips anywhere!

try dying it white - use your washing machine and a Ritz or Dylon dye solution (liquid dye would be best rather than the powder).

Good luck - no harm in trying

May 3, 2014 Flag

Red and white morph suit.I recently brought a red and white morph suit and the white areas have turned slightly red/pink. Is there any way I can remove the red/pink from the white areas completely? Please respond as soon as possible as I need to use the morph suit for Friday.

By Matt

If you rub a sliced open lemon on it, it will draw the pink coloring out.

My little girl had a Santa Suit outfit that was dark red with the little fuzzy white collar. The red ran onto the white. I took a bottle of lemon juice out of the fridge, saturated a cotton ball and began to go over the collar with the cotton ball. I didn't saturate the collar but it was very damp.

I noticed that some of the red came off onto the cotton ball but most did not. I let it sit for about 5 minutes and got some no-name brand Oxyclean powder and mixed it in some water. With an old toothbrush, I scrubbed the collar with the Oxyclean solution and the collar was saturated when I was through. I noticed the red on the collar had turned brown.

I then put it in the washer with a color catcher and regular old Tide. I did cold water for an extra long normal cycle. It took all the red stain out of the collar without doing any damage to the rest of the top.

February 27, 2015 Flag

striped shirtI've got a multi coloured shirt with the following colours; white, red, grey, and dark blue. After washing the shirt, the red and blue colours bled into the white and now my shirt is ruined. Please I need your help.

By Jesse

Try rewashing it again this time putting salt in ur water. It will stop the colors from running, and hopefully take out the stains.

May 7, 2011 Flag

I washed a white piece of clothing with red thread embroidery and all the red bled onto the white, so now it is a shade of pink. Another piece of clothing that I washed had a maroon lace, the clothing itself is a self-print light beige, and the maroon lace bled onto the shirt. So now there are light maroonish color stains below the lace. (I washed both clothes separately).

I wanted to know will the boiling water and bleach method work on these shirts or will it completely ruin my clothes? Any other suggestions?

By XYZ

My mother-in-law told me about soaking clothes in salt water, I have also heard about vinegar water, but never had any success with either one. Actually what I was told was that the soaking kept the clothes from fading, not from colors running into each other.

Try washing the items by themselves with 2 or 3 Shout Color Catcher Sheets, available in the laundry aisle at the supermarket. This product has saved several garments for me.

October 29, 2014 Flag

Help! I made my daughter's pink and white uniform tie-dye on the white. She has 2 tournaments this weekend. It cost $200 and no way can I buy one as it can take weeks. What can I do?

By Esther W.

Rit dye used to make a product called color removal, that may work.

December 20, 2013 Flag

Dye bled onto yellow areas.How do I get navy colour out of outfit that has run into a yellow part of the outfit? Please help; it's my daughter's cheer dance outfit. Thanx.

By Karen

Color safe bleach.

August 8, 2013 Flag

When I soaked my new white and black striped dress in cold water using Surf xcel some part of the whitish part was covered with the black colour of the dress itself. How do I clean it now? It's new and my fav dress. Pleass help me as soon as possible.

Load More
Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsSeptember 4, 2013
Bleeding Heart
Growing Bleeding Heart
Getting Dye Out of Clothing
Getting Dye Out of Clothing
Pug with bandage leg.
Treating a Pet's Wound
Putting bandaid on child.
Stopping a Superficial Wound from Bleeding
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 26, 2016 at 5:26:17 AM on 10.0.1.17 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.