Clothing is Bleeding Onto Itself

When washing clothes, colors may bleed. This guide is about how to prevent or fix color transferred on pieces of clothing.

November 22, 2016 Flag

I made a Santa suit and had to wash it. The red dye has run into the white and made it pink how do I get the white fluff white without making it worse?

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

My yellow colour kurti..base color is yellow n thread embroidery colour blue...blue color fade on yellow..nw what to do???plz help

September 1, 2016 Flag

My daughter's dress's background colour has run on to the main colour. What do I do?

a red and white dress was washed and the red bled into the white

March 17, 2016 Flag

I have a silk shirt which is black and white stripe. On the label it said wash in cold water which I did and the black has run into the white. Is there anyway I can fix this?
Thanks.

My shirt is silk and it says not to use on silk, also I live in

Australia and haven't heard of the product.

October 11, 2016 Flag

I have a white football jersey with blue strips on the sides and blue sleeves. I washed it and the blue bled onto the white making it baby blue. How do I return it to its original white color?

January 22, 2016 Flag

I have a white jacket with black trimmings. It's my absolute favorite!
The outer shell is:
70% viscose, 26% polyester, 4% elastene lining.

Inner:
94% viscose, 6% elastane.

I have hand washed it before and it has been fine although I accidentally used hotwater this time and it has come out yellow. It is curently soaking in cold water. Please does anyone know if this is fixable or have I ruined it? I can't find any information for cleaning tips anywhere!

try dying it white - use your washing machine and a Ritz or Dylon dye solution (liquid dye would be best rather than the powder).

Good luck - no harm in trying

May 3, 2014 Flag

I recently brought a red and white morph suit and the white areas have turned slightly red/pink. Is there any way I can remove the red/pink from the white areas completely? Please respond as soon as possible as I need to use the morph suit for Friday.

By Matt

If you rub a sliced open lemon on it, it will draw the pink coloring out.

February 27, 2015 Flag

I've got a multi coloured shirt with the following colours; white, red, grey, and dark blue. After washing the shirt, the red and blue colours bled into the white and now my shirt is ruined. Please I need your help.

By Jesse

Try rewashing it again this time putting salt in ur water. It will stop the colors from running, and hopefully take out the stains.

May 7, 2011 Flag

I washed a white piece of clothing with red thread embroidery and all the red bled onto the white, so now it is a shade of pink. Another piece of clothing that I washed had a maroon lace, the clothing itself is a self-print light beige, and the maroon lace bled onto the shirt. So now there are light maroonish color stains below the lace. (I washed both clothes separately).

I wanted to know will the boiling water and bleach method work on these shirts or will it completely ruin my clothes? Any other suggestions?

By XYZ

My mother-in-law told me about soaking clothes in salt water, I have also heard about vinegar water, but never had any success with either one. Actually what I was told was that the soaking kept the clothes from fading, not from colors running into each other.

October 29, 2014 Flag

Help! I made my daughter's pink and white uniform tie-dye on the white. She has 2 tournaments this weekend. It cost $200 and no way can I buy one as it can take weeks. What can I do?

By Esther W.

Rit dye used to make a product called color removal, that may work.

December 20, 2013 Flag

How do I get navy colour out of outfit that has run into a yellow part of the outfit? Please help; it's my daughter's cheer dance outfit. Thanx.

By Karen

Color safe bleach.

August 8, 2013 Flag

When I soaked my new white and black striped dress in cold water using Surf xcel some part of the whitish part was covered with the black colour of the dress itself. How do I clean it now? It's new and my fav dress. Pleass help me as soon as possible. Arpita

This sound like a fashion problem. If it's white, don't be afraid bleach it, girl :) Hope this helped.

September 12, 2010 Flag

I have a jacket and a vest made of 86% nylon and 14% spandex that I soaked in cold water and Epsom salt before washing. The black bled into the pink and it has left spots, lots of them on the garments. I washed them in cold water with no fabric softener after the soaking, but the color still bled. What can I do now?

By Lyn from Saskatchewan, Canada

I just used Oxi Clean and it worked like a charm. I washed cranberry fabric with colors/white print and all the white was pink! 5 yards of fabric at $9.00 a yard and I thought I ruined it before I even started! I put it in the sink with warm water and a bunch of Oxi Clean and the water instantly turned pink, within minutes the white was white again! I am amazed and relieved. It really works!

February 11, 2007 Flag

I have a red and white striped dress that has turned out pink and red when washed! How can I get it back to red and white again? Would appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Linda from Sydney, Australia

Sorry if I'm late with this - have had computer problems for over a week. Dylon have a product called Runaway that removes dye that has run in the wash. I have used it succdessfully. Here is a link to the product:

<http://www.dylon.com.au/fc-coloursafe.htm>

Load More
Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsSeptember 4, 2013
Bleeding Heart
Growing Bleeding Heart
Getting Dye Out of Clothing
Getting Dye Out of Clothing
Pug with bandage leg.
Treating a Pet's Wound
Putting bandaid on child.
Stopping a Superficial Wound from Bleeding
🎉
🎄