Cocker Spaniel Breed Information and Photos

An active, sturdy dog who are mostly sought after for companionship, but still retain keen hunting instincts. This guide contains cocker spaniel breed information and photos.

Cocker Spaniel
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

Coco with toys.

Your Pet's Age
2 Years

Your Pet's Breed
American Cocker Spaniel

How and when did you get your pet?
She joined our family in May 2011.

What does your pet like to do for fun?
She loves to play fetch.

Do you have anything else to share about your pet?
Coco loves to eat fruits and is very fond of driving. :-) Check out her Facebook account.

Closeup of face.Coco with party hat.

CommentMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

black Cocker with bits of brown

Your Pet's Age
5 months

Your Pet's Breed
American Cocker Spaniel

How and when did you get your pet?
I received him from a breeder in August. My previous Cocker had passed away a few weeks prior after battling lung cancer, and Merlin was having difficulty finding a home due to a congenital defect. No one seemed to want this adorable little puppy who would need surgery. Well, they missed out. He had his surgery last week and is doing fabulous!

What does your pet like to do for fun?
Playing with the cat, playing with me, chewing on raw carrots, and going for long walks.

He's super smart, he knows basic commands in both English and Korean. He's figured out how to escape the baby gates meant to keep him corralled.

He's such a loving and friendly soul, we've decided to train together to become a pet therapy team in our community. They recently built a children's hospital here, with a dedicated children's cancer treatment wing and program. I think Merlin would be fantastic as a therapy dog visiting those kids.

Your Pet's Age
2.5 years

Your Pet's Breed
American Cocker Spaniel

What does your pet like to do for fun?
Makes me play fetch :-D

Maxis a 2 year old Cocker Spaniel. Our little darling doggie was found wandering in a subdivision, had on a rabies tag, and they could not locate the people who had it. We think they simply moved away and left him

Closeup of Max lying with owner.

Chucci is a 10 month old American Cocker Spaniel. We got him last July. He likes to hang out with me! Chucci loves our walks in the country every morning.

Chucci on dog bed.

Millie is an 8 year old Cocker Spaniel. I got Millie a year ago from a family that had 8 dogs, and some of them were picking on her and biting her. The family decided to find her a new home.

A light brown cocker spaniel on a bed.

Lily is an 18 month old American Cocker Spaniel. I saw puppies advertised on a community bulletin board. I went to see them and fell in love with her.

Tan and cream Cocker

This is a picture of the newest member of our family. Her name is Star and she is a miniature Cocker Spaniel that we got from the pound last October. They said she is about 7 years old.

Cocker wearing straw hat.

Our dog's name is Bailey and the cat is Cleo. Our 4 month old Cocker Spaniel loves our 9 year old Calico cat.

Cocker and calico cat.

Lily Belle is 18 months old and an American Cocker Spaniel. I got my pet from a farmer, who had both the father and mother. She was being advertised on a community bulletin board.

Lily lying asleep on couch.

Fantasia is a 3 year old Black and Tan Cocker Spaniel. She was a birthday gift from my kids. Fantasia loves to chase tennis balls. She will chase it until she drops but it has to be a tennis ball, no rubber, no plastic, no sponge. It HAS to be a tennis ball.

Lying on floor.

Lacey is seven and a half years old. Lacey is a small sable American Cocker Spaniel who I purchased from a local breeder who decided to get out of the business. I was waiting on Lacey to have another litter, so I could get one of her puppies.

Dog lying on throw rug.

How big does a miniture Cocker Spaniel get? What kind of problems do they have? Are they hyper little dogs? What kind of activities do they like?

By Karen from Waldron, AR

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Crickentnc, My Cocker Spaniel, Lady is the same exact size now that she is in the pic above. She has not grown any at all. Lady is now a year old. She turned a year back in March. She is full of love she is such a loveable lil' dog.

Read More Answers...

Lady is 4 years old and a American Cocker Spaniel. Her nickname is LadyBaby. I have a friend that knew these people that lived next door that had Lady. Lady wasn't being taken care very well at all. When I got Lady, her fur was all matted up.

Tan Cocker.

Even our Millie gets hot in AZ! We moved from WA to AZ and even our dog Millie had a hard time getting used to the heat and needed the fan. Its now her favorite place to sit.

Millie Sitting on the Floor next to a Fan

Sparky Moss is a 15 year old Cocker Spaniel. We got him from the local ASPCA in April of 1999.

Sleeping with head on stuffy.

Angel 1 year old American Cocker Spaniel. We found Angel through a pet breeder in our area. My other two cocker spaniels died a year apart and we missed the companionship our dogs provided. I've learned so much about cocker spaniels and just had to have more.

Chocolate Cocker

Bentley is 4 years old. Technically he's a Cocker Spaniel, but he thinks human. Bentley came into my life in early 2006, as a puppy. I can't imagine a day without him now.

A black and white cocker spaniel in a field of green and yellow wildflowers.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I adopted her from a Cocker Spaniel rescue shelter when she was one year old. She loves to run and to chase balls.

Reddish brown and white Cocker.

Here is Seamus, our baby. A full bred Cocker Spaniel he is the joy of our lives. He is 4 months old today and quite in love with the camera. By Gardencraft

Black Cocker

Peanut is our year old American Cocker Spaniel. We bought him from a breeder in Albuquerque, NM when he was 8 weeks old. He likes to chase our newest addition-another Cocker (Female) named Sunnie. We call this photo his "Andy Dick" Hair!

Cocker Spaniel.

Daisy is 8 months and a Cocker Spaniel. A friend had a litter of puppies and gave her to me when she was 6 weeks old. She loves to play fetch and try to lick the lotion off my hands!

Child sitting on couch brushing dog's hair.

This is Izzie a one year old spoiled Cocker Spaniel. As you can see she is pretty much spoiled, and rules.

Buff Cocker on couch.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Guiness (Cocker Spaniel). Guiness is a 2 month old Cocker Spaniel. My daughter just got Guiness. He loves to play with my grand-daughter Rebecca.

Black and white Cocker on carpet.

Forest is a Cocker Spaniel and is 5 months old. He is an early Christmas gift from my parents.

Boy holding black and white Cocker.

Smokey is a Cockerspanel. My daughter got him her first Christmas from her grandmama. He likes to lay on your lap. He is very loving and protective of my baby girl. Her best friend.

Cocker with baby under Christmas tree.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Halo is 10 weeks old and is a AKC American Cocker Spaniel. After our pet died of liver cancer, we bought another cocker spaniel to fill the void our dog left. Halo was 8 weeks old when we got him and was born on Sept. 6, 2007.

Man in larger carrier with dog.

Load More
Pets Dogs Dog Breeds Cocker SpanielSeptember 12, 2013
Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Breed Information and Photos
Buff Colored Cocker Spaniel Puppy
Name Ideas For a Buff Colored Cocker Spaniel
English Springer Spaniel
English Springer Spaniel Breed Information and Photos
Brittany Spaniel
Brittany Spaniel Breed Information and Photos
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 2, 2016 at 3:14:20 PM on 10.0.0.224 in 392 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.