Crafts Using Mason Jars

There are many ways to use and reuse these food storage containers. This guide contains crafts using Mason jars.

August 4, 2016 Flag

Mason Jar Air Freshener

CommentPin It!Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

This is a guide about Mason jar air freshener. An inexpensive room deodorizer can easily be made in an attractive canning jar.

December 13, 2015 Flag

Mason Jar Pin Cushion and Sewing Kit

This is a guide about mason jar pin cushion and sewing kit. An easy project to customize for a gift. People of all ages need a needle and thread for mending or to replace a button.

October 20, 2015 Flag

Mason Jar Match Dispenser

This is a guide about making a mason jar match dispenser. Keep your matches dry and prevent them from spilling out with this handy dispenser.

May 6, 2014 Flag

Mason Jar Candy Dispenser

This is a guide about making a Mason jar candy dispenser. Mason jars are definitely not just for canning, they also find themselves used in many craft projects.

May 18, 2013 Flag

Jack-o-Lantern Candle Holder

These candle holders are inexpensive to make and will look great at your next Halloween party. This is a guide about turning a mason jar into a jack-o'-lantern candle holder.

April 4, 2013 Flag

Reusing a Salt Container Spout

This is a guide about reusing a salt container spout. The small metal spout on the top of your salt box can be reused with other containers for convenient pouring.

May 22, 2014 Flag

mason jar snack dispenser

This is a guide about making a Mason jar snack container. Mason jars have so many uses in addition to the original one of canning.

August 2, 2012 Flag

Canning jars with herbs planted in them.

This is a guide about growing herbs in canning jars. A canning jar herb garden is a decorative way grow herbs in your kitchen.

June 18, 2013 Flag

Fireflies in a Jar Craft

The children have been going around to all the local churches VBS programs. This is one of the cute crafts they brought home. Jars, little mason jars, with little splotches painted on them.

August 9, 2011 Flag

"Chicken" and egg noodle pasta inside of a quart mason jar

Take a Kerr or Mason jar, put in some egg noodles, a small stuffed chicken of your choice, and cap it! You can make a circular fabric topper to really "countrify" it.

April 20, 2006 Flag

Anyone have any creative ideas on how to use mason jars as centerpieces at my reception? They are blue perfect mason jars. I was thinking a bouquet with floralytes.

Jenny from Belle Plaine, MN

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I know I want to use the mason jars that I have. I am thinking about floating lights in them and setting them on some kinds of cloth with some decorations around them. My soon to be mother in-law makes oil candles out of them, she uses a photo of whatever you want then put burning oil and a wick in the lid and you have a photo oil candle!

I had the idea of using a terra cotta clay pot for my main centerpiece with mason jars with votive candles surrounding it. im trying to go for an english garden theme. How does this sound? and one have more i could add to it?

I had a French country/English garden themed wedding myself last June. I used the blue/aqua colored mason jars (hard to find sometimes - so the clear are pretty too). I used old watering cans filled with hydrangeas, calla lilies, peonies and ivory roses as the main centerpieces. I bought all different styles and different metals/material of old watering cans. Some were new so I had to "age" them and then I put the mason jars around the water cans with votives in them. White votives looked the best!

Also - for my ring bearer and flower girl, I did not buy a traditional basket and pillow. Instead I used an old grapevine basket and tied calla lilies to the side with ivory tulle and for the ring bearer pillow I used an actual small throw pillow with an ivory and chocolate brown damask print and tied the same ivory tulle around it. (very cute touch!)

As wedding favors I used mini terra cotta pots, tied with ivory tulle and planted different annual flowers in them with "thank you" tags and gave those to each guest. My bridesmaids wore very pretty/delicate sun dresses in different shades of ivory, chocolate brown and robins egg blue.

Congrats and Good Luck!

August 18, 2010 Flag

Does anyone have a craft that can be inserted in a mason jar?

By Charlotte

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Hi what type of thing do you want?

If you decorate the lid with padding and fabric, you can use the jar as a container for buttons, or any other small things that can get lost.

They can be used for iced tea.

They can be used as small cannisters.

1: Put a pillar candle inside and layer decorative sand around it in a pretty design. 2: make a small silk flower arrangement attach it to the bottom, put the lid on and instant decoration 3: insert a model car, boat, etc. and turn it on it's side ala ship in a bottle. 4: with very thin fishing line attach a group of colorful cut out fish to the lid. Put the lid on with the fish hanging down. Put sand and seashells in the bottom and you have a waterless, carefree aquarium.

Painted snowman canning jar
Creative Uses for Canning Jars
Crafts MiscellaneousMay 7, 2013
Mason Jar Candy Dispenser
Making a Mason Jar Candy Dispenser
Jack-o-Lantern Candle Holder
Making Mason Jar Jack-o'-Lantern Candle Holders
Finished Air Freshener
Mason Jar Air Freshener
Mason Jar Pin Cushion and Sewing Kit
Making a Mason Jar Pin Cushion and Sewing Kit
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 20, 2017 at 6:20:55 PM on 10.0.2.145 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.