Dog Peeing Inside When Lying Down

It can be alarming and frustrating when a trained dog begins to have accidents in the house. You will need to determine if it warrants a trip to the vet or other action. This is a guide about dog peeing inside when lying down.

dog laying on a white couch
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

I have a five year old Lab who is properly house trained. She has been drinking a lot of water the last couple of months and has also started piddling in her bed when she is lying down. She gets up sniffs her bed then goes upstairs. We have had her to the vet who says there is nothing wrong with her and try and ignore it, but she looks so upset. Can anyone give us some advice?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Take her to a different vet.

Drinking a lot of water and uncontrolled peeing is the first sign of diabetes. I think your vet missed something.

Read More Answers...

I have a Pit Bull/Staff cross. She is around 10-15 years old, I'm not sure since I rescued her 5 years ago, but the vet says she's an old lady. Today I saw she wet her bed, but she did sit to do it, she was just lying and wet the bed, without even realising it. Can this be kidney/bladder problems? I'm gonna get a urine sample and take it to the vet as soon as possible.

By Sue F

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

My sister had the same thing happening with her elderly poodle. She took her to the vet and found it is incontinence. The dog is now on a medication and is doing much better.

Read More Answers...

My dog is 6 years old, part Collie and German Shepherd. She goes outside to pee, comes back in and lays down on the floor and when she get up the floor is wet. She is drinking a lot of water.

By KP

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

As mentioned, an urinary tract infection is a possibility. Another is the dog may be diabetic; thus, the increased thirst. See a vet.

Read More Answers...

Our 7yr old female Doberman is having peeing accidents inside, while on the sofa or in our bed. She is laying down when this occurs and we only find out about it when we see wet spots. Now we know to check if we see her licking herself a lot. What is the problem?

By Linda

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

This is clearly a question for a Vet. Your dog is having some serious physical difficulty. Dont wait to find out what it is, she may be in pain and whatever is causing the problem may be getting worse.

Pets Dogs AdviceSeptember 26, 2013
    Hot Tea
    Cooling Down Hot Drinks
    Dog Standing on Carpet
    Preventing a Dog From Peeing on Carpet and Rugs
    Dog Peeing on Another Dog
    Dog Peeing on Another Dog
    guilty dog
    Dog Peeing and Pooping Inside
    © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 26, 2016 at 4:03:37 AM on 10.0.2.19 in 614 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.