Dog Peeing Inside When Lying Down

It can be alarming and frustrating when a trained dog begins to have accidents in the house. You will need to determine if it warrants a trip to the vet or other action. This is a guide about dog peeing inside when lying down.

dog laying on a white couch
Filter Sort

Question: Dog Peeing on Floor While Lying Down

My dog is 6 years old, part Collie and German Shepherd. She goes outside to pee, comes back in and lays down on the floor and when she get up the floor is wet. She is drinking a lot of water.

By KP

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By dandelion1o1 5 Flag

As mentioned, an urinary tract infection is a possibility. Another is the dog may be diabetic; thus, the increased thirst. See a vet.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Old Dog Wet the Bed While Lying Down

I have a Pit Bull/Staff cross. She is around 10-15 years old, I'm not sure since I rescued her 5 years ago, but the vet says she's an old lady. Today I saw she wet her bed, but she did sit to do it, she was just lying and wet the bed, without even realising it. Can this be kidney/bladder problems? I'm gonna get a urine sample and take it to the vet as soon as possible.

By Sue F

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By ilovesophie 20 164 Flag

My sister had the same thing happening with her elderly poodle. She took her to the vet and found it is incontinence. The dog is now on a medication and is doing much better.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Dog Peeing Inside When Lying Down

Our 7yr old female Doberman is having peeing accidents inside, while on the sofa or in our bed. She is laying down when this occurs and we only find out about it when we see wet spots. Now we know to check if we see her licking herself a lot. What is the problem?

By Linda

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Lizzyanny 9 1,251 Flag

This is clearly a question for a Vet. Your dog is having some serious physical difficulty. Dont wait to find out what it is, she may be in pain and whatever is causing the problem may be getting worse.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Pets Dogs AdviceSeptember 26, 2013
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Dog Standing on Carpet
Preventing a Dog From Peeing on Carpet and Rugs
Dog Peeing on Another Dog
Dog Peeing on Another Dog
Litter Box
Cat Peeing Outside Litter Box
guilty dog
Dog Peeing and Pooping Inside
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 10:12:30 AM on 10.0.1.200 in 931 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

All ArticlesQuestions
NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulMost AnswersFewest AnswersBest AnswersRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings