Puppy Peeing While Walking or Sitting

I have an 8 month old Pit Bull. Usually we take him out once in the morning and once in the evening and he does his deeds outside. It is not uncommon for him however to pee on the floor in the apartment, but he doesn't do that while we're at home.

However what troubles me is that quite often lately he starts to pee out of nowhere on the sofa while walking, or he lays down/sits and pees and he looks like he understands that he shouldn't be doing that. I haven't brought him to the vet yet, any ideas why he may be doing that?

I would take him to the vet. He may have a UTI or other physical issue.

incontinence is usually a symptom of a UTI or other kidney disorder. Especially if it has come about recently.

some pet owners advocate giving a dog cranberry juice (the non sugary kind!!!!) to aid in healing kidney/UTI issues. Cran juice is long known to help humans and apparently dogs too

This is definite a vet question. Any changes to bowel or bladder habits first line of defense is to rule out an illness. If he gets a clean bill of health, and isn't fixed, that may be the next line of defense, because the peeing could be marking and neutering usually stops that behavior.

If that still doesn't work, you may want to talk to you vet about the best way to retrain...usually a crate training technique. Best to always start as if it is a health issue though...because in my experience 9 times out of 10 it is a UTI. Prayers for the pup!!

This almost sounds like he has a UTI problem and will need medical treatment. I think that it is in your best interest to get him to a vet to have him examined. The longer you leave it, the more dangerous it can be for your dog.

This sounds like a urinary tract infection, and a serious one. Your dog needs to get to the Vet asap. Also it sounded like you let your dog out only twice a day. If so, that is not enough. He may just be leaking because his bladder is too full. Leaving him with his bladder that full over a period of time will contribute to a bladder infection.

And it will be very painful for the dog. If you cant be there to get your dog out every 6 hours or so, get some puppy pads and train him to use them, or have a pet sitter come in so he can get outside and relieve himself..

My 7 month old boxer (Who has been trained to go outside and has been)has started peeing while she is asleep and also when just relaxing anywhere. This has been going on for two months.We have been to two different vets. Who without testing stated she has a UTI. I was given antibiotics twice but it is not working. She is spayed and at this time I have no idea what to do because no one seems to know how to help. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Please do not make your dog only pee twice a day. You can train him to do so but that is not good for his bladder.

Just like us they need to be able to pee when they need to pee. In just like us they can hold it for a while but peeing twice a day is not realistic or healthy.