Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Dog Peeing in Its Own Bed

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
A Chihuahua laying in its bed.

There are a number of reasons your pet may be wetting his or her bed. This is a guide about dog peeing in its own bed.

Here are questions related to Dog Peeing in Its Own Bed.

Question: Dog Pees on Own Bed and Sleeps On It

White dog.My Shih-Tzu has always peed in my other dog's bed. She also pees on my daughter's dog's bed and her own bed, and then sleeps on it. I have not ever caught her and now she's 7 yrs old

At night or when I'm not home, I do not let her roam anymore. She gets blocked in the bathroom with a baby gate, with food and water (which she never touches at night, but it makes me feel better that it's there if she wanted it ). I have a big towel folded on the floor then her dog bed on that and another towel on the bed. Every single night she pees on everything and then sleeps on it. I have even given her nothing to sleep on, and she doesn't pee at night, but will pee on my other dog's bed sometime throughout the day, as soon as she gets an opportunity.

She has peed on my bed in the past, now I keep my door shut so she can't go in there. I'm just so tired of my place smelling like dog urine *Sigh*

By Cynthia

Most Recent Answer

By Dena R. [2]10/06/2013

The incontinence pads are a great idea. I have a cat that does this. The vet said it was stress related and put him on a mild tranquilizer. The problem seems to have been fixed. No peeing on everything for over a year now!

Question: Dog Peeing in Its Own Bed

Bull Dog on bed.I have two British Bulldogs and my eldest, who is now 11, started peeing on her bed when we got the younger one. Initially I thought it was a dominance thing, however, it's been 5 years now and there's no sign of improvement. Instead now she doesn't care if she lays in it.

We let them out regularly and for longer last thing at night and even take the water away after 6:30/7. I have even tried not washing the bed just drying it out, but it made no difference. She does not do it during the day though it's only at night. Any advice welcome :)

Thank you.

By Carina

Most Recent Answer

By Gloria Z [5]10/25/2013

What does your vet say about it? My 12 year old dog started doing that and I couldn't understand why until one day while petting her I discovered a large lump in her abdomen. Turned out to be a baseball size cancer tumor.

Question: Older Dog Peeing in Her Bed

My family adopted a female Dachshund who was abused in her earlier years. Now that she has turned 14 she has started peeing her bed several times a day. She goes out twice in the morning. And when we're home from work, she has peed in the garage several times, but yet still wets her bed. Is it because that's where she feels safe?

By Jenna C.

Most Recent Answer

By ilovesophie [15]03/10/2014

My sister's older dog started doing this. She took her to the vet and found out she has diabetes. I would take your dog to a vet.

Question: English Bulldog Puppy Pees Where He Sleeps

I got my English Bulldog at 13 weeks old. He was from a pet store. We weren't even looking to get a dog just went to see the puppies that day, but we fell in love:) Now the store had him since he was 8 weeks so for the 5 weeks he ate, slept, peed, and pooped in a 2 x 4 ft. cage.

Now he can barely turn around in his crate, yet still pees and sleeps like a baby! Thank God he doesn't poop anymore, but it's only been 2 weeks since the last incident. Is this a comfort thing? His bed that I keep outside the crate he loves yet will pop a squat and lay right down for a nap! Is this a comfort thing? Is it too late to reprogram this behavior? My kids and I want him out of the kitchen prison and in the family area so we can enjoy having a dog!

By Vivi

Most Recent Answer

By klingo02/10/2014

I have an adult pug that still pees in his bed. He's neutered too.

Question: Dog Peeing in His Bed

Dog with flower in his hair.My 3 year old Lhassa Apso has just started to pee where he is sleeping or sitting and he doesn't move. He has never done this before and always has access to go out or comes to get me. His food has not changed, he is drinking a lot. He just stays in it after; he carries on sleeping. Any ideas?

By Dolly B from Ireland

Most Recent Answer

By Lizzyanny [9]10/10/2013

You should have your dog checked for kidney problems or possibly diabetes. Both of them have the symptoms you describes. Both can be easily managed.

Question: Dog Started Peeing in Her Sleep

My three year old Shepherd started wetting the bed while she sleeps. It just started a few days ago, a day after I took her for a bath at a local dog groomers. Do you think she could have gotten a uti from there?

By Susan

Most Recent Answer

By Sherri [6]08/21/2013

Hello,
Please go to your Veterinarian for an exam. Peeing in her sleep is not normal and she needs to be checked.

Question: Dog Wetting Its Own Bed

I have a 8 year old Pit Bull. She has never had a peepee problem before, but now she keeps wetting her own beds (3 of them in different parts of the house). She has a doggie door and can go out anytime she wants. She even does it while we're home. We had a 2 lb. Chihuahua that was the queen bee, who passed away 2 months ago. Could this be affecting Isabella, and why so long after Mia's passing? What can I do for her?

By Terryann

Best Answer

By Gypsy Swan [1]07/18/2011

If the two dogs were close that well could be the problem...but first be sure to take you dog to your vet to get her checked out for possible medical problems. If you dog gets an all clear from the vet, then there are things you can do to help your pet past her grieving.

Question: Older Dog Has Started Peeing Inside Where He is Sleeping

Large brown mixed breed dog on patio.My dog "Hoss" has started peeing where he is sleeping in the house at night recently. He has never done this before. He is only 7 years old, a German Shepherd/Lab mix. He's a big boy, about 140 pounds and is having a little difficulty getting up in the mornings. Maybe he has a UTI or needs Proin? I can't even imagine him being "put down" or even sleeping outside; he's one of my best friends. He also really stinks, maybe it's from his peeing on himself?

By Ray M from Wrightwood, CA

Best Answer

By R.L. Steigerwalt07/18/2011

Have your vet test his urine for a urinary tract infection, like you mentioned in your post. That is a likely source of the smelly urine. My senior doxie gets them occasionally and I can tell when it's time for a urine test by her smelly urine. Ick. Easy to treat with pills. Good luck with Hoss! He looks like a sweet boy.

Question: Dogs Wet Their Bed

I have a 2 yr old English Bulldog who has slept in a cage since we have had her from a puppy. She is house trained but has always wet her bed during the night. We let her out early in the morning. She likes sleeping in her cage as we have tried other options, but nothing seems to work.

I wash her blanket every night, even tried just putting newspaper in her cage. The only time she doesn't wet her bed is when I take everything out of her bed, but then she just scratches in her bed at night and doesn't sleep very well. Can you help?

By Mavis from England UK

Most Recent Answer

By JIM MCGRAW [1]04/28/2010

Mavis, I too am a doggie lover. We have had this problem also. Try this:
1. do not give water to the doggie after say 6 pm.
2. give the doggie one more time to go outside to pee just before bed, etc.
3. If you arise early, go immediately to let the doggie out and praise it for doing it 's biz outside. Always praise your doggie when they do good on anything. Good luck, let me know if this at least helps some.
Kindest regards from an old "Anglophile". Jim M.

Solutions: Dog Peeing in Its Own Bed

Do you have knowledge about this guide topic? Feel free to share a solution!