Finding the Value of Grolier's Book of Knowledge Encyclopedias

Category Books
Grolier's Book of Knowledge
Some old books may be rare and have great value, others may be more difficult to place a value on. This is a guide about finding the value of Grolier's Book of Knowledge encyclopedias.

I have a 20 volume set of The Book of Knowledge. (Arthur Mee Editor-In-Chief). Inside it states Copyright, 1926,1927, The Grolier Society, Copyright 1923,1924,1925,1926,1927 by The Amalgamated Press (1922) Limited.

The books are hardcover, green cloth with gold imprint. The books are in excellent condition.
What are these books worth to a collector today?

By Kristy F

Answer Was this helpful? 1

I have the 1922 limited blue/green gold seal with ship in great/close to mint condition.

Where can I sell old used books? I have a set, from A-Z of The New Book of Knowledge, by Grolier.

By Sonya

Answer Was this helpful? 1

I am looking for a set of Book of Knowledge dated in 20's, covers were black Editor of Book of Golden Deeds was Alice Mee.

The books are hardcover, green cloth with gold imprint. The books are in excellent condition with minimal damage inside the back cover of book 1 only.

What would it be worth to a collector today?

By Diane M.

Answer Was this helpful? 2

I have this exact set in good condition. Can you tell me where and for how much you sold yours? Thank you

I have a complete set of The Book of Knowledge 1935 Silver Jubilee edition. It is in good condition. Any idea of the value of the set?
Thanks for your time:)

By Kris A

I have the complete set of Book of Knowledge from the 40's and annual updates through the 1990 + 1940's accompanying Grolier Encyclopedias

I have an 8 volume set of the Book of Knowledge, published circa 1936/37. The latest reference to the British Monarchy is Edward VIII, describing him as unmarried. There is no mention of abdication or George VI. Can you please tell me if these books would have any monetary value?
Thank you.

the pictures are worth more than the books. frame some and enjoy them.

What can you tell me about " The Book of Knowledge"? It's red and looks very old. The copyrights are from 1874 to 1918.

This book may very well be worth more to you that anyone else. In this day and age, only first editions or editions that can be proven to have belonged to a famous person of importance could be worth much.

I have a 1928 copyright edition of the Book of Knowledge, published by the Grolier Society. It is a 19 volume set + guidebook.

I have some grolier enycylopedias copyright 1931doubleday doran & company inc

I have a set of red colored Book of Knowledge with copyrights from 1868 -1923. This is The Children's Encyclopedia. Are they of any value at this time? Please advise

The value of these seems to fluctuate from one month to the next but most of the time these sell better than regular encyclopedias. Condition and actual publishing date are big factors in true value. If sets are listed at a higher price sellers many times will have books like this listed for weeks/months and many times years before being sold - if they ever sell. I know this sounds like fiction but it is true but then sometimes if books are listed at a decent price they will sell quickly.

Here is a link to similar sets up for sale on eBay:

http://www.ebay  d=p2045573.m1684

Here is a link to books recently sold on eBay:

http://www.ebay  d=p2045573.m1684

For just reading - Here is an interesting link about the history of this type of book:

http://messybea  ks-of-wonder.htm

I have a 20 volume set of the 1943 Book of Knowledge by Grolier, plus yearly annuals thru 1953. Any idea of the value?

Many people have old books they think are valuable and would like to sell. Most old dictionaries, references etc., have very little value, a few dollars at most. Encyclopedias dated after 1923 are essentially worthless but crafters may be interested for the old pictures. Goodwill, Salvation Army, etc., receive donations of tons of old encyclopedias but send them to recycling centers or dumps as they cannot use or sell them.

You can check online for old book collectors, on EBay, Craigs List and other retail sites for possibilities. Everything is now online and updated constantly so old books are just that-old.

I have a complete set of The Book of Knowledge the children's encyclopedia. They are cloth bound, blue in color with leather spine and corners, and gold writing on spine. The editor in chief was Arthur Mee. Some of the copyrights are from 1868. Advice on value would be appreciated. Thanks.

Many people have old books they think are valuable and would like to sell. Most old dictionaries, references etc., have very little value-a few dollars at most. Encyclopedias dated after 1923 are essentially worthless but crafters may be interested for the old pictures. Goodwill, Salvation Army, etc., receive donations of tons of old encyclopedias but send them to recycling centers or dumps as they cannot use or sell them.

You can check online for old book collectors, on EBay, Craigslist and other retail sites for possibilities. Everything is now online and updated constantly so old books are just that-old.

I was wondering if I could exchange or find out the value of the Grolier Encyclopedia. It is a 1961 edition with 20 volumes.

I have The Book of Knowledge Children's Encyclopedia, 2 volumes, 16 and 12. Copyright dates are from 1868 to 1919. They have leather covers, in fair condition. I want to sell them. Does anyone know the value of these books? I may have more volumes; I am still unpacking boxes.

By D. Israel

Usually encyclopedias are worthless, except for crafts purposes. But these are old enough that I would check with a bookstore that specializes in antiques. Good luck! Please let us know what you find out.

I have the set of 21 books. They are mint and didn't get much use by the look of it. The cover is reddish and has a boy and girl stamped into the leather. I am looking for a price and how to find a buyer.

Thank you!

By Dale S

I can see one volume selling for $12 on eBay here: http://www.ebay … b3f0e&_uhb=1

I suppose that could put the set at over $200.

I have the Book of Knowledge, the children's encyclopedia 19 volume set, plus the index. I would like to know the value of this collection. It looks different than the ones I seen online. It has some water damage to some of the volumes. Does anyone know anything about this set? Thank you.

By Yassmeen

Anonymous

I also have been trying to find info on this set. I have 2 sets of them both from 1923. They appear to be full leather covers. They are in much better condition than cloth bound editions from this period. I hope somebody can enlighten us about them.

When cleaning out my parents' home after their deaths, I found a complete set of The Book of Knowledge (20 volumes), copyright 1935. All of the books are in great condition except the 20th volume (index) which was understandably used more than the others. It's spine needs to be repaired, but is intact on one edge. Can anyone give me an estimated value for this set?

By Susan C

Was this ever answered? I too have this set and so I'd like to sell.

I have a 1911-1912 Book of Knowledge. What is the value in US dollars of this set?

By Willis from Shirleysburg, PA

About $10-$15. (Ebay)

I have a 1929 Book of Knowledge, 20 volume set, with original bookshelf. The books are in excellent, little-used condition, with no damage. It has a green cloth hard cover with gold imprint. The volumes are slightly worn on bottom spine and corners from sitting on the shelf.

They were owned by an 83 year old woman whose father gave them to her when she was five years old.

What is it worth today to collectors?

By Mark from Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Do you still have them? I may be interested in them.

edchou AT aol.com

I have 20 volumes, in excellent condition, of The Grolier Society Book of Knowledge, Copyright 1931 by The Amalgamated Press (1922) Limited. What do these sell for?

By Lillian from Simpson, PA

I have a set of Grolier Encyclopedias copyright 1955 volumes 1-10. What would be the value?

By Debbian E.

I was wondering about the value of the New Book of Knowledge, 1 thru 20 or A to Z. They are white hard backs and copyrighted in 1967.

By Scott P.

I have a set of Grolier Encyclopedia plus, The Book of Knowledge for children and a set of The Book of Popular Science. They are all from 1951 (I believe) and all in excellent condition. I would like to sell them. Can you give any advice as to the value of the entire set?

By David

I am looking to sell my, The Book of Knowledge encyclopedia set, copyright starting from 1868 to 1912. How much are these books worth?

By Lynne

I would like to know how much these recently inherited encyclopaedias are worth. They are in fairly good condition with some fading to the spine. I have all 10 volumes, published by Waverley.

By M Staal

I have a set of 20 volumes of The Book of Knowledge Children's Encyclopedia copyright 1911. It is still in great condition. It is leather bound with an embossed "mother holding a child drawing" on the cover.

By Debra

I have a 1952 Book of Knowledge Set #1-20. I also have the individual annual books for 1953-54-55 and 56. Can someone tell me what these are worth?

By Ed S.

I have the complete set of the New Book of Knowledge encyclopedia collection (white and blue cover), in great condition. I was wondering if anyone knows what its value is? Thank you!

By chanel32 from Toronto, Ontario

I have a full set of 1939 Book of Knowledge in good condition with original bookshelves. I am interested in finding out the value and how I might sell them.

By RMB

I just found the whole set in my basement. They are in fair condition except for the first book. Do you know how much they are worth?

By Lindsey

I have a complete set of The Book of Knowledge Childrens Encyclopedia, 1911 copyright. It has a cloth cover and is in average condition. It came with Parents and Teachers guide.

By Kathy M

I've got a 10 book set of the 1935 Book of Knowledge in the original wooden box. They are in good condition. What is something like this worth?

By pcb from Edmonton, Alberta

I have the full 20 volume set of the 1931 Grolier Canadian Book of Knowledge. It's in excellent condition: no spine separation, no page tears, no water damage. They've just been sitting on a shelf for decades, so home shelf wear applies, but that is just yellowed pages (and nothing of the print has faded). I've seen versions from the 50s, in worse condition, selling for over $500. How much should I be thinking?

By Monica K.