Finding the Value of Grolier's Book of Knowledge Encyclopedias

Some old books may be rare and have great value, others may be more difficult to place a value on. This is a guide about finding the value of Grolier's Book of Knowledge encyclopedias.

August 1, 2016 Flag

I have a 1928 copyright edition of the Book of Knowledge, published by the Grolier Society. It is a 19 volume set + guidebook.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Many people have old books they think are valuable and would like to sell. Most old dictionaries, references etc., have very little value, a few dollars at most. Encyclopedias dated after 1923 are essentially worthless but crafters may be interested for the old pictures. Goodwill, Salvation Army, etc., receive donations of tons of old encyclopedias, dictionaries and reference books but send them to recycling centers or dumps as they cannot use or sell them.

You can check online for old book collectors, on EBay, Craigs List and other retail sites for possibilities. Everything is now online and updated constantly so old books are just that-old.

March 13, 2015 Flag

I have a 20 volume set of The Book of Knowledge. (Arthur Mee Editor-In-Chief). Inside it states Copyright, 1926,1927, The Grolier Society, Copyright 1923,1924,1925,1926,1927 by The Amalgamated Press (1922) Limited.
The books are hardcover, green cloth with gold imprint. The books are in excellent condition.
What are these books worth to a collector today?

By Kristy F

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I have a full set in decent shape. Says 1922 limited.

July 15, 2013 Flag

Where can I sell old used books? I have a set, from A-Z of The New Book of Knowledge, by Grolier.

By Sonya

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

In my experience the thrift stores won't even accept them as a donation. They are worthless now because the info is all online now.

March 13, 2016 Flag

I have a 20 volume set of the 1943 Book of Knowledge by Grolier, plus yearly annuals thru 1953. Any idea of the value?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Many people have old books they think are valuable and would like to sell. Most old dictionaries, references etc., have very little value, a few dollars at most. Encyclopedias dated after 1923 are essentially worthless but crafters may be interested for the old pictures. Goodwill, Salvation Army, etc., receive donations of tons of old encyclopedias but send them to recycling centers or dumps as they cannot use or sell them.

May 12, 2013 Flag

I have a complete set of The Book of Knowledge 1935 Silver Jubilee edition. It is in good condition. Any idea of the value of the set?
Thanks for your time:)

By Kris A

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Will you consider two sets of the Book of Knowledge set published in 1962 and the Book of Science set published by Grolier in 1963?

November 10, 2015 Flag

I have a complete set of The Book of Knowledge the children's encyclopedia. They are cloth bound, blue in color with leather spine and corners, and gold writing on spine. The editor in chief was Arthur Mee. Some of the copyrights are from 1868. Advice on value would be appreciated. Thanks.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Many people have old books they think are valuable and would like to sell. Most old dictionaries, references etc., have very little value-a few dollars at most. Encyclopedias dated after 1923 are essentially worthless but crafters may be interested for the old pictures. Goodwill, Salvation Army, etc., receive donations of tons of old encyclopedias but send them to recycling centers or dumps as they cannot use or sell them.

You can check online for old book collectors, on EBay, Craigslist and other retail sites for possibilities. Everything is now online and updated constantly so old books are just that-old.

October 20, 2015 Flag

I was wondering if I could exchange or find out the value of the Grolier Encyclopedia. It is a 1961 edition with 20 volumes.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

April 9, 2013 Flag

The books are hardcover, green cloth with gold imprint. The books are in excellent condition with minimal damage inside the back cover of book 1 only.

What would it be worth to a collector today?

By Diane M.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I have this exact set in good condition. Can you tell me where and for how much you sold yours? Thank you

October 23, 2013 Flag

I have The Book of Knowledge Children's Encyclopedia, 2 volumes, 16 and 12. Copyright dates are from 1868 to 1919. They have leather covers, in fair condition. I want to sell them. Does anyone know the value of these books? I may have more volumes; I am still unpacking boxes.

By D. Israel

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Usually encyclopedias are worthless, except for crafts purposes. But these are old enough that I would check with a bookstore that specializes in antiques. Good luck! Please let us know what you find out.

February 5, 2013 Flag

I have the set of 21 books. They are mint and didn't get much use by the look of it. The cover is reddish and has a boy and girl stamped into the leather. I am looking for a price and how to find a buyer.

Thank you!

By Dale S

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I can see one volume selling for $12 on eBay here: http://www.ebay  b3f0e&_uhb=1

I suppose that could put the set at over $200.

July 23, 2012 Flag

I have the Book of Knowledge, the children's encyclopedia 19 volume set, plus the index. I would like to know the value of this collection. It looks different than the ones I seen online. It has some water damage to some of the volumes. Does anyone know anything about this set? Thank you.

By Yassmeen

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I also have been trying to find info on this set. I have 2 sets of them both from 1923. They appear to be full leather covers. They are in much better condition than cloth bound editions from this period. I hope somebody can enlighten us about them.

June 14, 2012 Flag

When cleaning out my parents' home after their deaths, I found a complete set of The Book of Knowledge (20 volumes), copyright 1935. All of the books are in great condition except the 20th volume (index) which was understandably used more than the others. It's spine needs to be repaired, but is intact on one edge. Can anyone give me an estimated value for this set?

By Susan C

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Was this ever answered? I too have this set and so I'd like to sell.

April 1, 2012 Flag

I have a 1911-1912 Book of Knowledge. What is the value in US dollars of this set?

By Willis from Shirleysburg, PA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

About $10-$15. (Ebay)

February 29, 2012 Flag

I have a 1929 Book of Knowledge, 20 volume set, with original bookshelf. The books are in excellent, little-used condition, with no damage. It has a green cloth hard cover with gold imprint. The volumes are slightly worn on bottom spine and corners from sitting on the shelf.

They were owned by an 83 year old woman whose father gave them to her when she was five years old.

What is it worth today to collectors?

By Mark from Toronto, Ontario, Canada

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Do you still have them? I may be interested in them.

edchou AT aol.com

January 30, 2015 Flag

I have 20 volumes, in excellent condition, of The Grolier Society Book of Knowledge, Copyright 1931 by The Amalgamated Press (1922) Limited. What do these sell for?

By Lillian from Simpson, PA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

November 16, 2014 Flag

I have a set of Grolier Encyclopedias copyright 1955 volumes 1-10. What would be the value?

By Debbian E.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

November 6, 2014 Flag

I was wondering about the value of the New Book of Knowledge, 1 thru 20 or A to Z. They are white hard backs and copyrighted in 1967.

By Scott P.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

September 11, 2014 Flag

I have a set of Grolier Encyclopedia plus, The Book of Knowledge for children and a set of The Book of Popular Science. They are all from 1951 (I believe) and all in excellent condition. I would like to sell them. Can you give any advice as to the value of the entire set?

By David

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

August 9, 2014 Flag

I am looking to sell my, The Book of Knowledge encyclopedia set, copyright starting from 1868 to 1912. How much are these books worth?

By Lynne

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

August 2, 2014 Flag

I would like to know how much these recently inherited encyclopaedias are worth. They are in fairly good condition with some fading to the spine. I have all 10 volumes, published by Waverley.

By M Staal

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

July 30, 2014 Flag

I have a set of 20 volumes of The Book of Knowledge Children's Encyclopedia copyright 1911. It is still in great condition. It is leather bound with an embossed "mother holding a child drawing" on the cover.

By Debra

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

February 11, 2014 Flag

I have a 1952 Book of Knowledge Set #1-20. I also have the individual annual books for 1953-54-55 and 56. Can someone tell me what these are worth?

By Ed S.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

February 6, 2014 Flag

I have the complete set of the New Book of Knowledge encyclopedia collection (white and blue cover), in great condition. I was wondering if anyone knows what its value is? Thank you!

By chanel32 from Toronto, Ontario

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Load More
Consumer Advice Collectibles BooksJune 2, 2013
Stack of very old encyclopedias.
Finding the Value of Old Encyclopedia Sets
Stack of paperback books.
Repairing a Paperback Book
Old Encyclopedias on Shelf
Finding the Value of Old Reference Books
Stack of Books Lamp
Making a Book Stack Lamp
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 4:16:49 PM on 10.0.0.234 in 15 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.