Browsing: Finding the Value of Grolier's Book of Knowledge Encyclopedias

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Finding the Value of Grolier's Book of Knowledge Encyclopedias

Some old books may be rare and have great value, others may be more difficult to place a value on. This is a guide about finding the value of Grolier's Book of Knowledge encyclopedias.

Grolier's Book of Knowledge
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

March 13, 2016 Flag

I have a 20 volume set of the 1943 Book of Knowledge by Grolier, plus yearly annuals thru 1953. Any idea of the value?

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Many people have old books they think are valuable and would like to sell. Most old dictionaries, references etc., have very little value, a few dollars at most. Encyclopedias dated after 1923 are essentially worthless but crafters may be interested for the old pictures. Goodwill, Salvation Army, etc., receive donations of tons of old encyclopedias but send them to recycling centers or dumps as they cannot use or sell them.

You can check online for old book collectors, on EBay, Craigs List and other retail sites for possibilities. Everything is now online and updated constantly so old books are just that-old.

July 15, 2013 Flag

Where can I sell old used books? I have a set, from A-Z of The New Book of Knowledge, by Grolier.

By Sonya

Craigslist for $20.

In my experience the thrift stores won't even accept them as a donation. They are worthless now because the info is all online now.

See if you can find someone to give them to for craft purposes. As a set of encyclopedia, they have no value.

Read More Answers...

March 13, 2015 Flag

view of  coverI have a 20 volume set of The Book of Knowledge. (Arthur Mee Editor-In-Chief). Inside it states Copyright, 1926,1927, The Grolier Society, Copyright 1923,1924,1925,1926,1927 by The Amalgamated Press (1922) Limited.
    The books are hardcover, green cloth with gold imprint. The books are in excellent condition.
    What are these books worth to a collector today?

By Kristy F

You can try this site:

http://www.book-collecting-tips.com/old-book-values.html

You can check online for old book collectors, on EBay, Craigslist and other retail sites for possibilities. Everything is now online and updated constantly.

I would be interested in purchasing a full set of the 1927 dark blue/green books with gold ship imprint on front if not asking too much and they are in decent condition.

I have the same set 1927 with the gold ship and coin like inlays. I also have a wooden stand that seems to have been built to house them. Let me know if anyone is still interested

Toronto

November 10, 2015 Flag

I have a complete set of The Book of Knowledge the children's encyclopedia. They are cloth bound, blue in color with leather spine and corners, and gold writing on spine. The editor in chief was Arthur Mee. Some of the copyrights are from 1868. Advice on value would be appreciated. Thanks.

Many people have old books they think are valuable and would like to sell. Most old dictionaries, references etc., have very little value-a few dollars at most. Encyclopedias dated after 1923 are essentially worthless but crafters may be interested for the old pictures. Goodwill, Salvation Army, etc., receive donations of tons of old encyclopedias but send them to recycling centers or dumps as they cannot use or sell them.

You can check online for old book collectors, on EBay, Craigslist and other retail sites for possibilities. Everything is now online and updated constantly so old books are just that-old.

October 20, 2015 Flag

I was wondering if I could exchange or find out the value of the Grolier Encyclopedia. It is a 1961 edition with 20 volumes.

cover
        Value of Grolier Encyclopedia Value of Grolier Encyclopedia

April 9, 2013 Flag

Cover of volume.I have a 20 volume set of The Book of Knowledge. (Arthur Mee Editor-In-Chief). Inside it states Copyright, 1926,1927, The Grolier Society, Copyright 1923,1924,1925,1926,1927 by The Amalgamated Press (1922) Limited.
        The books are hardcover, green cloth with gold imprint. The books are in excellent condition with minimal damage inside the back cover of book 1 only. Title page.

What would it be worth to a collector today?

By Diane M.

I have this exact set in good condition. Can you tell me where and for how much you sold yours? Thank you

May 12, 2013 Flag

Book of Knowledge 1935I have a complete set of The Book of Knowledge 1935 Silver Jubilee edition. It is in good condition. Any idea of the value of the set?
        Thanks for your time:)

By Kris A

I might be interested in your 1935 set of The Book of Knowledge. Please let me know what you are asking for it.

Thank you.

I don't know how old this thread is, but I am also interested in buying the 1935 set of these books.

Hi David

We have the complete 1935 set. Where are you located?

October 23, 2013 Flag

I have The Book of Knowledge Children's Encyclopedia, 2 volumes, 16 and 12. Copyright dates are from 1868 to 1919. They have leather covers, in fair condition. I want to sell them. Does anyone know the value of these books? I may have more volumes; I am still unpacking boxes.

By D. Israel

Usually encyclopedias are worthless, except for crafts purposes. But these are old enough that I would check with a bookstore that specializes in antiques. Good luck! Please let us know what you find out.

February 5, 2013 Flag

Cover of Book of KnowledgeI have the set of 21 books. They are mint and didn't get much use by the look of it. The cover is reddish and has a boy and girl stamped into the leather. I am looking for a price and how to find a buyer.

Thank you!

By Dale S

I can see one volume selling for $12 on eBay here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-New-Mod ... e&hash=item337e2b3f0e&_uhb=1

I suppose that could put the set at over $200.

July 23, 2012 Flag

One volume of set.I have the Book of Knowledge, the children's encyclopedia 19 volume set, plus the index. I would like to know the value of this collection. It looks different than the ones I seen online. It has some water damage to some of the volumes. Does anyone know anything about this set? Thank you.

By Yassmeen

I also have been trying to find info on this set. I have 2 sets of them both from 1923. They appear to be full leather covers. They are in much better condition than cloth bound editions from this period. I hope somebody can enlighten us about them.

June 14, 2012 Flag

Cover of book.When cleaning out my parents' home after their deaths, I found a complete set of The Book of Knowledge (20 volumes), copyright 1935. All of the books are in great condition except the 20th volume (index) which was understandably used more than the others. It's spine needs to be repaired, but is intact on one edge. Can anyone give me an estimated value for this set?

By Susan C

Was this ever answered? I too have this set and so I'd like to sell.

April 1, 2012 Flag

I have a 1911-1912 Book of Knowledge. What is the value in US dollars of this set?

By Willis from Shirleysburg, PA

About $10-$15. (Ebay)

February 29, 2012 Flag

I have a 1929 Book of Knowledge, 20 volume set, with original bookshelf. The books are in excellent, little-used condition, with no damage. It has a green cloth hard cover with gold imprint. The volumes are slightly worn on bottom spine and corners from sitting on the shelf.

They were owned by an 83 year old woman whose father gave them to her when she was five years old.

What is it worth today to collectors?

By Mark from Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Do you still have them? I may be interested in them.

edchou AT aol.com

Consumer Advice Collectibles BooksJune 2, 2013
        Stack of very old encyclopedias.
        Finding the Value of Old Encyclopedia Sets
        Stack of paperback books.
        Repairing a Paperback Book
        Old Encyclopedias on Shelf
        Finding the Value of Old Reference Books
        Stack of Books Lamp
        Making a Book Stack Lamp
        © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 21, 2016 at 12:06:47 AM on 10.0.2.51 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.