German Shepherd Mix Breed Information and Photos

Category Dog Breeds
Many larger mixed breed dogs may be part German Shepherd. This is a guide about German Shepherd mix breed information and photos.

What Breed Is My Dog? (German Shepherd Mix)

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about, "What breed is my dog?" (German Shepherd mix). Many pet owners have mixed breed dogs. Knowing the mix is not only interesting, but can be helpful in understanding your dog's behavior and by giving you an insight into potential health issues.

Does my dog look like a purebred German Shepherd even with the floppy ears? We got him from the shelter. They said he was a German Shepherd, but someone shaved him. I'm just wondering if he could be mixed with anything.

By puryear.ananda

He looks like he may be a Golden Lab mixed with German Shepherd. Hope this helped. :)

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

Your Pet's Age
4 years on May 23, 2017.

Your Pet's Breed
German Shepherd Dog

How and when did you get your pet?
Lee is a rescue who joined us in March. He is a rescue puppy, who was returned to his breeder. After much back and forth on the 'net' he was delivered to us, sight unseen. What a shock - he was skin and bones with his back humped from being too long in a crate. That first day there was three feet of snow, yet he ran and ran and ran in joy. He's the best thing that has happened to us since forever.

What does your pet like to do for fun?
Lee's greatest love in life is running. He is remarkably agile and will stop on his front legs and let the back legs swing 180*. He's jumped over our Moxie, has had a bowel movement while standing on his front legs with the back ones off the ground. Lee can even eat grass while on the run. Every day we are astounded anew by his antics. Otherwise, his big goal is to eat us out of house and home. When a dog has starved once, they are always starving. He patiently sits by the parrot cage to catch the veggie bits dropped by the parrot. How can you not love a dog who helps clean house?

Do you have anything else to share about your pet?
We had lost our old Shepherd last fall and the household had quietly mourned and mulled over the big space in our home and heart. Lee arrived and filled the void to overflowing. Our female, Moxie, is now devoted to her buddy. They are the perfect pairing. Lee is also a clown and every day makes us laugh. He has made a crucial change to our lives that was so essential for all. The actual rescue was a gamble, but has proved that the right dog is always out there. We like to believe that our old boy sent Lee to us. For all those who have suffered the loss of a beloved pet, I proclaim, "There is another soul in need that wants to find you." You can never replace the one you lost, but love isn't fussy. It blooms whenever given the chance. Rescue, don't buy. There are far too many dogs out there who will love you intensely for giving them a new chance. Lee is also known as Lock, Stock and Barrel.

Comment Like this photo? 4

A sweet dog with so much life and love to give. I'm glad you are the proud owner of this rescue dog. I'm sure he's quite pleased to own you too.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

German Shepherd mix dog.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 28

Smokey is a 10 year old German Shepherd mix. He was abandoned. When my husband went hunting and he was walking down a hill to go to the cabin, Smokey jumped out at him.

Your Pet's Age
10 years

Your Pet's Breed
German Shepherd Mix

How and when did you get your pet?
10 yrs. ago while driving there was a sign for free puppies. A sweet very pregnant lady was taking care of them. Bashful and his two sisters were left. I adopted him because he was scared to leave his mommy. He was more sensitive than his siblings and needed patience. I knew I could give that patience to him. Thus, that is why his name is Bashful. One year later it was funny because I moved to the house right across from where he was born!

What does your pet like to do for fun?
He can play for hours with his glow ball.

He is a very big boy, but he still thinks he's a puppy (except of course when protecting our home ;) Everybody loves him. :)

Comment Like this photo? 5

Sounds like love at first site!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Black dog.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 14

Ghost is a 13 month old German Shepherd/Siberian Husky Cross. I got him about 8 months ago from an animal shelter in Michigan. Ghost likes to eat, play fetch, and wrestle. He talks and carries on conversations with me and loves to snuggle.

Puppy at food dish.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 15

Bella is a 3 month old Shepherd/Husky mix. Friends of ours foster for the local humane society, and we adopted her at 8 weeks old. She likes to run, chase the cats and kids, go for walks. She is very smart. She can sit and walk on a leash and loves to be brushed and bathed.

Blackie, a black lab and German Shepard mix, on a porch

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 6

Blackie is approximately 11 months old. He is a Black Lab and German Shepard. We adopted Blackie a couple of months ago from an agency in Stover, Missouri. He had all of his shots and had been housebroken.

Closeup of Keesha.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 7

Keesha was a 15 year old Keeshound/Shepherd mix. We bought her from a breeder in 1995. She loved to cuddle and be close to her family. She also loved to chase critters out of her yard. Keesha passed away on November 11, 2009.

White dog in a car.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 8

Daisy was born on October 12, 2008. She's a Husky/German mix. We got her when she was 5 weeks old. She loves to play, fetch and run.

Koda with red scarf.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 16

Koda was 14 when she passed away last month. She was a Lab/Shepherd Mix. We adopted her from the Humane Society when she was around 1 year old. In her prime, she loved swimming, running and playing with her dog buddies.

Grace in water.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 19

Grace is almost 3 years old. I rescued her because she was going to be put down as a puppy. I think she is some sort of Shepherd mix.

Bruno

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 7

We go him about a month and a half ago from a previous owner who was giving him away. He loves playing catch and fetch.

Dog in a box.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 11

Bentley is a 5 month old mix (German Shepherd and Sheltie). I got him from Orange County Animal Shelter in February. He likes to eat my shoes. He's super fluffy and fun.

Black and tan dog on deck.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 15

This is Rosie. She adopted my husband and I when she was a very young puppy. We believe she is a German Shepherd/Mini Pin mix. Rosie was a feral dog at one point, and it took me a while to win her trust.

Dog in yard.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 8

Jack Daniels is a one and a half year old German Shepherd/Red Husky. I rescued him from a broken home. He loves to play frisbee! He's a great guard dog, very intelligent, and always playful.

Comment Like this photo? 9

Bubba is just a few weeks old. He is part German Shepard, his dad is mix. I got him from a lady that was giving them away. I saw him as I pulled up and felt sorry for him. He was so cute and needed a home.

Dutchess (German Shepard/Chow)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 9

Dutchess is 10 or older and a German Shepard/Chow mix. We got her from the Johnson City Animal Shelter a long time ago. She loves to go bye-bye in the car.

Child and puppy.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 11

Molly is a 3 month old half Great Pyrenees and (we think) half German Shepherd. We had been looking for a puppy for our 3 year old daughter for several weeks.

Black dog in yard on leash.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 9

Daisy is 4 1/2 months old and a Lab - German Shepherd cross. She came to us by chance as god sent, through an old friend that needed help with money. We made an exchange but I think that we were the real winners in this process.

Sutey on leash.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 10

Sutey is my foster dog, she is eleven months old and is a shepherd-sharpei-husky mix. I was brought Sutey and her littermate by a health nurse who found them starving and suffering from mange.

Lucky Dog Tilt

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 8

Lucky is a 1 year old dog that we rescued. He loves to play with his toys. He is an very handsome boy who likes to please his master.

one brown and white dog and a  tri-colored one

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 5

They were dropped off at a veterinary office before they were supposed to be separated from their mom. We adopted them when they were in good enough health to come home with us.

Zimba and Zeus

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 11

Zimba was a gift last year and Zeus we bought on February 2015 for my son's 8th birthday.

Boy holding puppy.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 1

Emma is 12 weeks old and is a Shepherd, Husky, Lab mix. In early October I received her. She was then 8 weeks old. She was my birthday present.

Mix breed black an white dog.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 6

This is our new puppy she is a German Shepherd and Husky mix. She is seven and half weeks old. Her name is Kiera. Isn't she lovely.

Sadie The Shepherd Mix

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 5

Sadie is about a year old. I was told at the animal shelter that she's a mix between a smooth collie/shepherd mix. I've been told she's an American Eskimo/shepherd mix. What do you think?

Shepherd mix puppy

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 4

He is my dog's puppy. He likes to play and eat.

Dog sitting on a leash.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 5

This is Rex. He just turned 1 year old. He is a Husky/Shepherd mix. Rex was abandoned in a cardboard box in a park in -30 degree weather. We rescued him from the SPCA when he was 2 months old.

closeup of black puppy

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 2

I got her on October 31st 2015. She likes to play with our other puppy and steal all her food/treats.

Dabsen lying on the lawn

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 4

We adopted him from a rescue shelter in September 2015. He likes to run, fetch, play with toys, chase us, jump, and cuddle.

Dog on bed.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 8

Shiva is a 4 Month old Shepherd Husky mix. I found puppies on Kijiji and she was delivered to me from New Hamburg, Ont. She likes to do what every puppy loves to do. Chew stuff up.

Kemmy (German Shepherd/Saluki Mix)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 5

A woman contacted a rescue group for help in rehoming her, the lady was moving into an assisted living apt. and was unable to care for her

Finn (German Shepherd/ Border Collie)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 2

The Colorado Puppy Rescue rescued my dog from a puppy mill in New Mexico.

Load More