Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

German Shepherd Mix Breed Information and Photos

1 0EmailFollow
Pin It
German Shepherd Mix

Many larger mixed breed dogs may be part German Shepherd. This is a guide about German Shepherd mix breed information and photos.

Here are questions related to German Shepherd Mix Breed Information and Photos.

Question: What Breed Is My Dog (German Shepherd Mix)

What Breed Is My Dog (German Shepard Mix)

Does anyone have any idea what mix my puppy is? The animal shelter said she is a German Shepherd mix, but they were not sure what her mix is. Any feedback would be great! Thanks!

Erika from El Paso, TX

Most Recent Answer

By Miker04/15/2012

If you really need to know [I did], go online to Mars Veterinary and get their Insight DNA kit. Follow the instructions exactly. They are about the most accurate and reliable of most of these companies and have been around for a long time. The cost is very reasonable [65.to 75.]

It was a lot of fun and answered all my questions; many ahaaaa moments. She has a very dominant Shepherd look [straight up GSD ears and all], but has some oddly pretty markings & unusually tremendous pulling power [like a freight train], topped off by shockingly blazing speed.

She turned out to be 60% German Shepherd, 25% Burnese Mountain Dog and 15% Saluki. I am so glad I had this done.
Best of luck to you,
Mike

RE: What Breed Is My Dog (German Shepherd Mix)

Question: What Is My German Shepherd Mixed With?

dog at windowShe is smaller, maybe about 50-60 lbs. Definitely has the personality, very smart, and very protective. She is chestnut with a black face and white on her chest.

By Melanie

Most Recent Answer

By Abigail A. [2]09/27/2014

I'd say she's a little bit Staffordshire Terrier, but that's just a guess.

Question: German Shepherd Mix (Jaz)

Brown dog with black markings.I'm just wondering if anyone knows what she (Jaz) might be mixed with? I see a lot of German Shepherd, but I just can't figure out anything else. She's 2 years old, very energetic, likes water, and is protective over my little one, also very loving and thinks she's a lap dog. She's about 50 pounds. Thanks!

By Alyssa S.

Most Recent Answer

By NEWFIEGIRL [8]04/10/2014

Please just love this beautiful girl for who she is and cherish all the time you spend together. This was my boy Tyson before he crossed
"The Rainbow Bridge"

RE: German Shepherd Mix (Jaz)

Question: Is my Dog Purebred German Shepherd?

dog on couchDoes my dog look like a purebred German Shepherd even with the floppy ears? We got him from the shelter. They said he was a German Shepherd, but someone shaved him. I'm just wondering if he could be mixed with anything.

By puryear.ananda

Most Recent Answer

By Kara Tracy09/28/2014

He looks like he may be a Golden Lab mixed with German Shepherd. Hope this helped. :)

Question: What is My German Shepherd Mixed With?

Black, brown, and tan puppy.What is my German Shepherd mixed with? He is 12 weeks and 28 pounds. He has huge paws; the vet said he would be 100-125 lbs.

By Austin R.

Question: What Breed is My Dog?

What Breed is My Dog? German ShepherdWhat breed is my dog? She's 8 months old, 26 inches at the shoulders, and weighs about 60 lbs. I know she's a German Shepherd but I don't know what she's mixed with. Can somebody help? Thanks.

By hanni2 from Rasht, Iran

Most Recent Answer

By Candy Killion [8]09/26/2009

She looks like a purebred German Shepherd dog, and she's beautiful.

Question: What Breed Is My Dog? (German Shepherd Mix)

Help me figure out the breed of my dog please! I rescued Kody from a shelter in March of 2007 and his paperwork said he was about 1 year old and German Shepherd mix. Since then, people have told me he looks like he has some Husky, Malinois, or Chow (because of the spots on his tongue) mixed in. Many people say that he can't be purebred German Shepherd because he is too small.

He is 60 lbs with light-medium brown eyes, soft fur, and a straight tail. He has a white undercoat and sheds a ton. He is super smart, protective, very friendly, not overly energetic, somewhat vocal but doesn't bark too much, very sweet and playful.

I'd love to hear any thoughts about his breed. I am just so curious, but I don't have the money to do a dna test. Kody is my best friend and I love him more than I can even explain. =)

This picture (from Jan 2008) and is the best profile shot I have of Kody, but keep in mind that my boyfriend is standing behind him (boyfriend = 6'1") and Kody's back legs are bent (usually his back is straight across, not slanted downward).

Megan from Hayward, CA

Most Recent Answer

By Robyn (Guest Post)01/22/2009

He is in a German Sheppard, show stance; ready to herd. How beautiful! I would say a little Alaskan Malamute, but all shepard in attitude and heart. They are the greatest dogs. Robyn

Question: What Breed Is My Dog? (German Shepherd mix)

When I bought my dog it said she was an Alaskan Husky, German Shepherd, Alaskan Malamute mix. Is this true? Here's a picture.

Kira from On., Canada

Most Recent Answer

By Katie&Avila05/14/2011

I've never been able to identify some other dogs that look this similar to mine! My 8 month old puppy Avila comes from a rescue litter that told us she was probably part golden retriever and part Australian Shepherd or German Shepherd. We aren't sure what to believe, she doesn't have a fluffy long coat, it's coarse and soft and she sheds a lot. Her coloring looks just like Levi and that of a German Shepherd. But, she is small, probably around 35 pounds with small paws, floppy ears that alternate sticking up once in a while, and a curved up tail. She also has a mottled tongue, pink nose, and medium brown eyes. :)

RE: What Breed Is My Dog? (German Shepherd mix)

Solutions: German Shepherd Mix Breed Information and Photos

Do you have knowledge about this guide topic? Feel free to share a solution!

Photos

Below are photos related to this guide.

Smokey (German Shepherd Mix)

Smokey is a 10 year old German Shepherd mix. He was abandoned. When my husband went hunting and he was walking down a hill to go to the cabin, Smokey jumped out at him. It was dark and my husband thought he was a fox or coyote. At the time, Smokey was only a pup, about 6 months old. So for the next two weekends when my husband went down there, Smokey always followed him to the cabin.

The third weekend, he told his brother-in-law, if that poor pup is back again, I'm taking him home. Smokey came back for the third time and was looking in the cabin window. There was a lot of snow, more than 4 feet and the poor thing was freezing and starving. So he brought him in the cabin gave him a can of Chunky soup, gave him a bone and laid on the floor of the cabin with him. My husband took the bone away with his own mouth to see how Smokey would react and he did nothing. No growling, no biting, he was very gentle and just let him take it. My husband knew for sure he had a wonderful temperament and brought him home. He has been a blessing to our family now for 10 years. We love him dearly.

He loves to play ball, tug of war and go for walks and loves to be loved. Yes, I submitted his photo to our local TV station on a segment called "Stormy's Pets" and they picked his photo along with a little detail on how we got him. Then without me even knowing, I submitted another different picture of him to different TV station. it was Smokey and my grandbaby Emma Grace. Smokey was eating an ice cream cone from Dairy Queen and they picked that photo and aired it. The only way I knew was because my nephew was watching, so he called me to tell me. I didn't get to see that airing. Dog laying belly up on couch.

By Koren

German Shepherd mix dog.

Grace (Shepherd Mix)

Grace is almost 3 years old. I rescued her because she was going to be put down as a puppy. I think she is some sort of Shepherd mix.

Grace loves to run, run, run! She is loving, kind, and so smart. Grace and young man.

By Andrea B.

Grace in water.

In Memory of Koda (Lab/Shepherd Mix)

Koda was 14 when she passed away last month. She was a Lab/Shepherd Mix. We adopted her from the Humane Society when she was around 1 year old. In her prime, she loved swimming, running and playing with her dog buddies. As she got older, she liked to take long, leisurely walks and just be my shadow and best friend:)

She laughed with us, she cried with us, she comforted us. She was a part of our family. We will be adopting/rescuing soon. These animals are all to special to be deterred by our heartbreak. Koda and young woman. Dogs on beach.

By Kim

Koda with red scarf.

Rosie (Shepherd Mix)

This is Rosie. She adopted my husband and I when she was a very young puppy. We believe she is a German Shepherd/Mini Pin mix. Rosie was a feral dog at one point, and it took me a while to win her trust. I got to know her through giving her dog cookies, then I started leaving dinner for her out on our front porch. She became the 5:30 puppy!

I love photography, and for the time being don't get around as well as I used to, so I practice taking pictures of our dogs. I actually had taken several different shots of Rosie as she was sleeping. I just love the way her face looks in this picture, it was taken mid morning. Rosie will be 7 years old this summer.

By CaroleeRose

Black and tan dog on deck.

Bella (Shepherd/Husky)

Bella is a 3 month old Shepherd/Husky mix. Friends of ours foster for the local humane society, and we adopted her at 8 weeks old. She likes to run, chase the cats and kids, go for walks. She is very smart. She can sit and walk on a leash and loves to be brushed and bathed.

By Jana from Regina, SK, Canada

Puppy at food dish.

Ghost (German Shepherd/Siberian Husky)

Ghost is a 13 month old German Shepherd/Siberian Husky Cross. I got him about 8 months ago from an animal shelter in Michigan. Ghost likes to eat, play fetch, and wrestle. He talks and carries on conversations with me and loves to snuggle. He's the most loyal dog I've ever had.

By msjlittle82 from Front Royal, VA

Black dog.

Dutchess (German Shepherd/Chow)

Dutchess is 10 or older and a German Shepard/Chow mix. We got her from the Johnson City Animal Shelter a long time ago. She loves to go bye-bye in the car.

We changed her diet to Diamond Lamb and Rice at Tractor Supply. It was $36 or so for 40 pounds and it has no corn, no soy, no wheat. I learned about it from a comment on my tea tree oil baths. I am thrilled with it and they all like it. They also eat less of it than the garbage food full of corn.

By Robyn Fed from Tri-Cities, TN

Dutchess (German Shepard/Chow)

Sutey (Shepherd-Sharpei-Husky Mix)

Sutey is my foster dog, she is eleven months old and is a shepherd-sharpei-husky mix. I was brought Sutey and her littermate by a health nurse who found them starving and suffering from mange. She has been with me since she was three months old. Her sister, Carlile, was adopted by a lovely family last month.

Sutey likes to follow the cats around, and thinks it is a pretty funny joke to pounce on my foot. I don't find it quite as amusing as she, especially if I'm carrying things. She also likes to play hard with my dog, thundering through the yard! I took this picture of Sutey at Crescent Falls, in Alberta, Canada. She likes to lie down in the glacial melt water! Sutey near water.

By Janet

Sutey on leash.

Zoie (Shepherd/Lab Mix )

Zoie is a 12 year old Shepherd/Lab Mix. I Purchased her from a grooming shop - they were a litter of unwanted puppies playing with the other dogs, we have 4. We love her very much.

By Angela

Tan dog closeup.

Bentley (German Shepherd/Sheltie Mix)

Bentley is a 5 month old mix (German Shepherd and Sheltie). I got him from Orange County Animal Shelter in February. He likes to eat my shoes. He's super fluffy and fun.

By Rosa

Dog in a box.

Lucky (Dog)

Lucky is a 1 year old dog that we rescued. He loves to play with his toys. He is an very handsome boy who likes to please his master.

By Lou

Lucky Dog Tilt Lucky Dog Side

Lucky Dog Tilt

Bubba (German Shepard Mix)

Bubba is just a few weeks old. He is part German Shepard, his dad is mix. I got him from a lady that was giving them away. I saw him as I pulled up and felt sorry for him. He was so cute and needed a home.

He likes to run and climb and chase after his toy that I bought him. I love his blond hair and his blue colored eyes.

By Mary

Molly (Great Pyrenees/German Shepherd)

Molly is a 3 months old half Great Pyrenees and (we think) half German Shepherd. We had been looking for a puppy for our 3 year old daughter for several weeks. We had an idea of what we wanted as her companion: a dog that would be large, loyal, protective of Gail and our poultry.

When we responded to an advertisement for free Great Pyrenees mix puppies and saw Molly, we felt as if she were the dog for Gail. This was about six weeks ago. The photo was taken just after we got her, but now she is larger than our daughter and growing bigger every day!

Molly likes to play with Gail and pester our other (much smaller) adult dogs. She enjoys rolling in leaves and stretching out in the sun. She is a fairly lazy puppy, and seems to enjoy just lolling around best of all. Molly has already shown her protectiveness for our daughter. I am glad that Gail will have her for a boon companion as they both grow!

By Shawna from Paris, TN

Child and puppy.

Sassy (German Shepherd/Beagle Mix)

Sassy is 6 years old and a German Shepherd/Beagle mix. I had been begging my mom for a dog since I could talk. We moved to California, then to Michigan. She took my brother and I to camp, then rushed us home afterwards, saying it was an emergency. A dog was sitting in our driveway with my Grandpa. I will never forget the summer of 2005.

She is a runner and hunter. Singing is a hobby of hers. Well, she LOVES getting her picture taken. In the middle of a hunt, if she sees me holding a camera, she sits, puts on a puppy smile, and waits until the flash. When it's over, she continues chasing squirrels. Sepia photo of Sassy.

By Bekah

Black and yellow dog.

Daisy (Lab - German Shepherd)

Daisy is 4 1/2 months old and a Lab - German Shepherd cross. She came to us by chance as god sent, through an old friend that needed help with money. We made an exchange but I think that we were the real winners in this process.

The puppy has endless joy and boundless supply of energy. She walks and runs rolls in mud and splashes in water. Her toys are like outlets of endless chewing and she brings them to us when she feels the need for human love. All I have to say is that her undeniable love keeps my troubles off my mind.

By Ursula

Black dog in yard on leash.

Shiva (Shepherd/Husky Mix)

Shiva is a 4 Month old Shepherd Husky mix. I found puppies on Kijiji and she was delivered to me from New Hamburg, Ont. She likes to do what every puppy loves to do. Chew stuff up. Ha ha ha but no she likes to hike.

By Jennette

Dog on bed.

Sabber (German Shepard/Husky)

Sabber is a 1 year and 3 month old German Shepard/Husky. I found a ad on Craigs list while I was visiting friends in Tennessee. They had German Shepard/Husky pups listed and I couldn't resist. She was the last puppy with one blue eye.

Sabber loves to play in the river, play tug of war and fetch. I also have a 7 month old kitten that she adores and is very protective of. The photo of her is after a day of playing in the river and a one hour run.

Sabber being German Shepard/Husky is very active and loves to run. We have to go on jogs twice a day to get some of the hyper behavior out of her. I had been told by many people that this combination of breed hated cats and were not great with children, but she is wonderful with both. Sabber is extremely intelligent and she has learned some very interesting tricks.

By angie

Daisy (Husky/German Shepherd)

Daisy was born on October 12, 2008. She's a Husky/German mix. We got her when she was 5 weeks old. She loves to play, fetch and run.

She's a very smart dog, she listens a lot. She learned really quick to be potty trained in 2 days after I got her. She loves to talk, it's so cute. She also loves to howl like a wolf and is very protective of her family. She would never bite kids nor women but, for some reason, she doesn't trust men, only the men in my family. She loves eating ice cream and loves rides in the car.

By babyangel200605 from Houston, TX

White dog in a car.

Goof (German Shepard-Golden Retriever Mix)

Goof is a 7 year old German Shepard Golden Retriever mix. I was visiting a friend and she showed me an 8 week old puppy she couldn't keep any longer. He melted my heart and I took him home with me that day! That was 7 years ago.

We live in the country and Goof loves to be outside laying in the grass enjoying the warm breezes but his absolute favorite thing to do is chase tennis balls. It looks like he's chewing gum. He keeps a very close eye on my 2 grandsons; he's very protective of them. He's my best friend and I love him!

By Penny

Tan dog.

In Memory Of Keesha (Keeshound/Shepherd Mix)

Keesha was a 15 year old Keeshound/Shepherd mix. We bought her from a breeder in 1995. She loved to cuddle and be close to her family. She also loved to chase critters out of her yard. Keesha passed away on November 11, 2009. She was very loved and is sorely missed by our family.

By Jennifer from Vineland, NJ

Closeup of Keesha.

Jack Daniels (German Shepherd/Red Husky)

Jack Daniels is a one and a half year old German Shepherd/Red Husky. I rescued him from a broken home. He loves to play frisbee! He's a great guard dog, very intelligent, and always playful.

By Michael from McHenry, IL

Dog in yard.

Blackie (Black Lab/German Shepard)

Blackie is approximately 11 months old. He is a Black Lab and German Shepard. We adopted Blackie a couple of months ago from an agency in Stover, Missouri. He had all of his shots and had been housebroken. His owners just couldn't keep him any more.

Blackie likes to play with his squeakie toys, hang out with my son in his room and go for walks in the park with my son's friend Rachie and her female dog Heidi (Blackie's sweetheart). They like to cuddle in the extended cab when my son goes to pick Rachie up and bring her over to our house for awhile. Sometimes I go along too and we all have a great time! Blackie, a black lab and German Shepard mix, on a porch

Blackie has the sweetest disposition. He is so lovable and likes to make friends with whoever visits. It was more than a week before I ever even heard him bark. That was because I let him out one morning and the first thing he saw was the cows across the road grazing. He had never seen cows before, so they were quite an amazement! Blackie, a black lab and German Shepard mix, on a porch

By melody_yesterday from Sedalia, MO

Blackie, a black lab and German Shepard mix, on a porch

Rex (Husky/Shepherd mix)

This is Rex. He just turned 1 year old. He is a Husky/Shepherd mix. Rex was abandoned in a cardboard box in a park in -30 degree weather. We rescued him from the SPCA when he was 2 months old. His favorite thing to do is go for long runs and play with his squeaky chicken.

He has some issues with his manners. He never had his mom to teach him so he still mouths a bit and has separation anxiety. He's very smart though and responds well to hand signals. He's big and he's bad but he's ours and we love him.

By Deb from Lloydminster, Alberta

Dog sitting on a leash.

Kiera (German Shepherd/Husky Mix)

This is our new puppy she is a German Shepherd and Husky mix. She is seven and half weeks old. Her name is Kiera. Isn't she lovely.

By Wooly from England

Mix breed black an white dog.

Sadie (Shepherd Mix)

Sadie is about a year old. I was told at the animal shelter that she's a mix between a smooth collie/shepherd mix. I've been told she's an American Eskimo/shepherd mix. What do you think?

I bought Sadie at Wayside Waifs, an animal shelter, in January '09. She loves many things such as her walks and training time in parking lots, racing around in the back yard after the Frisbee, and her bouncy toys, she also loves to chew on bones I buy her. She has been very hard to potty train. I've had to close off rooms and block carpet areas she's had accidents. After doing that, no more problems.

By Barbara from Ratown, MO

Sadie The Shepherd Mix

Bella (German Shepherd/Shih Tzu)

Bella with a red and white scarf.

Your Pet's Age
1

Your Pet's Breed
German Shepherd (dad) & Shih Tzu (mom)

How and when did you get your pet?
We purchased her from an online ad.

What does your pet like to do for fun?
Run in the park after her ball and chew our shoes when she at home alone!

Do you have anything else to share about your pet?
Bella has a very mellow personality and is very friendly. Bella is 16 inches in height and weighs 22 pounds. Bella never barks at other dogs and can sense when a dog is aggressive and will let them walk past her before she continues to walk.

By

Merlin Wizo (German Shepherd Mix)

Merlin Wizo is a 5 month old German Shepherd Mix. I rescued him from a shelter in January. The day I decided to adopt him and take him home, the shelter care people assured me that he was completely healthy, they had checked him over and over for everything. But, I thought that his weight was very strange. Turns out, I took him to the vet 1 week after adopting him and found out that he had severe Hook Worm and was starving. So, I'd like to say I saved his life! The shelter care people would never have caught that if they had said that they had been checking him out.

What does Merlin like? Not car rides, that's for sure! But, he adores his little (older) sister Miley Renee. She is a Mini Dachshund. He loves going for long walks when the weather is good. He loves meeting new people and makes sure to say Hello to everybody that he see's when he is at the dog park. Oh, he loves loves loves to talk to you when you talk to him. He also loves standing on our heating pad.

"I would not be alive right now if it wasn't for my new mommy. And, she is wondering if anybody could tell her what type of other breed I may be other than German Shepherd?!"

By Alesha from Sioux Falls, SD

Black and tan dog.

Eva (German Shepherd Mix)

Eva is 4 months, she is a German Shepherd mix. We adopted Eva from the shelter when she was 3 months old. Eva likes doing agility exercises on her own, runs up and down the stairs while biting on her favorite chew toy (a toy duck) but sleeping is what she does best. She has a "time out" sweater that she does not like very much and when we put it on her, she just stays in one corner.

By Glen from Jacksonville, FL

Brown dog in sweater lying on floor.

Sammie (Border Collie/German Shepherd)

Sammie is a 1 year old Border Collie and German Shepherd mix. We got her last August from a Tree Farm. She was in an orange bin with her brothers and sisters. My son fell in love with her immediately.

She likes to play catch with my husband. Sammie is extremely intelligent. She sits, shakes, gives high 5's and high 10's. She rolls over and she turns around. She also knows the difference between inside voice (little bark) and outside voice (BIG bark) she also sings on command. When you ask her where Chewbacca is? she says "I don't know" in doggie whine and amazes everyone.

By Alicia from Lindsay, CA

Dog wearing glasses.

Miss Mandy - Doberman/German Shepherd

Miss Mandy is a 4 year old Doberman, German Shepherd mix. We got our little girl from an animal shelter.

Miss Mandy loves to run through the woods of Germany, seeing and sniffing everything she can get her pretty little paws on. After that, she must have her nap while she snores louder than my husband. Miss Mandy loves to make people laugh! :o) Miss Mandy is a 4 year old Doberman, German Shepherd mix. We got our little girl from an animal shelter.

Miss Mandy loves to run through the woods of Germany, seeing and sniffing everything she can get her pretty little paws on. After that, she must have her nap while she snores louder than my husband. Miss Mandy loves to make people laugh! :o)

Our Mandy was born in Spain. She was a street dog, but then, she got captured. In Spain, when no one comes to claim a dog, they are burned to death, while they are still alive. Miss Mandy is now my best friend.

We've gone through a lot together. When I am sad and begin to cry, she bounces over to me and starts to stub her nose against my thigh until I pet her. She knows that by me holding her and petting her, I will calm down, and stop crying. Also, if you are sitting on the floor reading or watching TV (not giving her any attention), be careful, because she will stick her tongue in your ear and make you laugh! What would I do without Miss Mandy!

By Lady Victoria from Germany

Black and tan dog in blue sweater.

Emma (Shepherd, Husky and Lab Mix)

Emma is 12 weeks old and is a Shepherd, Husky, Lab mix. In early October I received her. She was then 8 weeks old. She was my birthday present.

She loves to chase the cats. She is very spoiled! As you can see by the picture, even our 18 year old son is under her spell!

By Rebecca Calvo from Snohomish, WA

Boy holding puppy.

Trixie (German Shepherd/Husky)

Trixie is 2 years old, but in the photo she about 3 1/2 months. She is a German Shepard/Husky mix. We got her at the pound :( I can't believe someone would want to get rid of this dog.

For fun, she likes to run, run, jump and play! She used to be able to get out of her pen when she was younger. We would have to fix it again and again and again until she got too big to fit through all the places she got out from. She is WAY smart...

By Erka from Blackfoot, ID

Tan and brown puppy.

Beethoven (German Shepherd Mix)

Beethoven is a 3 months old German Shepherd mix. I got through a friend about a month ago. He likes to go on walks with my other dogs and he is very shy.

By Cassie from Elizabethtown, KY

Dog lying down.

Lily (Border Collie/German Shepherd Mix)

Lily is 4 years young and I think she is a Border Collie/German Shepherd mix. She was the runt of the litter. I adopted her from my local shelter, or should I say she adopted me. When I went to see her and her siblings to choose one they all loved me and she hid in the corner. When it was time to go, I said "Who's coming with me?" and she followed. She likes to run, run and run and she's the best dog ever! By Becky from New Lisbon, WI

Black dog with white on chest.

Kendra (German Shepherd Mix)

Kendra is an 8 year old German Shepherd mixed breed dog. I adopted her from the Humane Society/ Prison training program when she was 10 months old.

Kendra loves to play ball & chew on her bone. She also loves to cuddle up in the evenings on the couch next to me and watch TV.

Kendra loves company. When someone comes over, she gets all her favorite toys out of her basket and drops them on their lap or on the floor. She is a ham and will sit still for pictures too!

By Jenny from Springfield, OH

Kendra (German Shepherd Mix)

Orion (German Shepard/Husky)

Orion is currently 7 months old and is a German Shepard/Husky mix. He was adopted in May 2008.

Orion likes to play with his other canine housemates, Sola and Jade. Swim, laze around in his pool after playing.

By purplemoon from Mpls, MN

Dog lying down in yard.

Annika and Garth (Husky-German Shepherd Mix/Beagle Mix)

Annika is a year and 3 month old Husky/German Shepherd mix. Garth is about 4 or 5 years old and is a Beagle mix. Annika came from my brother who after getting her realized he is not a dog person. We adopted Garth from our local no kill shelter. They love to play with each other and the cat.

By Melissa from Pekin, IL

Dogs lying together.

Bello (Shepherd Mix)

Bello is 3 months old and is a shepard/pit or boxer(?) He is an adopted stray from the SPCA 2 weeks ago.

He likes to chew things, take walks and wrestle. He is very smart and although he likes nipping and growling during play time, he appears friendly. I believe he may be very large. Hopefully, he will be a calm and friendly animal and can be our forever dog, no matter what mix!

By John from Peckville, PA

Bello

Jade (Labrador Retriever/White German Shepard)

Jade is part Labrador Retriever (mom) and White German Shepard. She will be 2 in December. Jade came to us as a pup bought by my nephew who was moving back home from college. His girlfriend had arranged to pick up a pup and when he got there he realized that males can not say NO to pretty girls holding puppies.

He got one. Took it home and mom (sister-in-law) calmly mentioned that he would be working and she had two dogs and a cat already. No room for a pup. Emailed photos started coming to us with pleas of save the animal before other fates come. I was outvoted by the kids (at the time we were in a job that moved us every few years). She is sweet, came with a name, nearly housebroken, and the kids were right, except when I have the 'pick-up- duty' before cutting the lawn:)

Like most Labs, she likes to run. She is the fastest dog I have ever had and really has "wheels." She absolutely loves other dogs. Of course, digging up flowers (my poor Iris beds within reach of the tie-out) is a hobby of hers. Jade quickly learns 'tricks.' My teenage daughter taught her to "sit pretty", butt on the floor, front legs begging in about 15 minutes. If you say "BANG" and point your hand at her (thumb up, pointing finger like the barrel), she will immediately lay down, feet in the air, head off to one side, dead.

By Pete from Dublin, OH

Pretty black dog.

Niko (German Shepherd/Husky)

Niko is a 1 year old German Shepherd / Husky. We got her from a private breeder.

Niko loves to howl and kick a tennis ball around the house. She enjoys her long walks and digging up my yard.

Niko is definately a diva. She has been very difficult to train as she thinks she rules the roost! We love her to death and will continue to try.

By Kelly from Saint Paul, MN

Closeup of Niko.

Inuki (Husky/German Shepherd)

Inuki is 10 years old and is a Husky/German Shepherd mix. We bought her when she was a puppy.

She likes swimming, hunting, walking next to me, when I'm on my bike. She has a really nice personality. And she has her own will, which makes her not very easy, but still special.

By Holly from United Kingdom

Dog sitting.

Brody (German Shepherd/Husky)

This is Brody, my new addition to my family, I got him when he was 6 weeks old and I love him so much! He's very smart..within 8 days he was already house broken and I find him to be a very intelligent dog! He's a German Shepherd/ Husky.

Brody - German Shepherd/Husky

By Julz

Puppy.