German Shepherd Mix Breed Information and Photos

Category Dog Breeds
Many larger mixed breed dogs may be part German Shepherd. This is a guide about German Shepherd mix breed information and photos.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photographs. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

Your Pet's Age
10 years

Your Pet's Breed
German Shepherd Mix

How and when did you get your pet?
10 yrs. ago while driving there was a sign for free puppies. A sweet very pregnant lady was taking care of them. Bashful and his two sisters were left. I adopted him because he was scared to leave his mommy. He was more sensitive than his siblings and needed patience. I knew I could give that patience to him. Thus, that is why his name is Bashful. One year later it was funny because I moved to the house right across from where he was born!

What does your pet like to do for fun?
He can play for hours with his glow ball.

Do you have anything else to share about your pet?
He is a very big boy, but he still thinks he's a puppy (except of course when protecting our home ;) Everybody loves him. :)

Comment Like this photo? 4

Sounds like love at first site!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

German Shepherd mix dog.

Smokey is a 10 year old German Shepherd mix. He was abandoned. When my husband went hunting and he was walking down a hill to go to the cabin, Smokey jumped out at him.

Black dog.

Ghost is a 13 month old German Shepherd/Siberian Husky Cross. I got him about 8 months ago from an animal shelter in Michigan. Ghost likes to eat, play fetch, and wrestle. He talks and carries on conversations with me and loves to snuggle.

Puppy at food dish.

Bella is a 3 month old Shepherd/Husky mix. Friends of ours foster for the local humane society, and we adopted her at 8 weeks old. She likes to run, chase the cats and kids, go for walks. She is very smart. She can sit and walk on a leash and loves to be brushed and bathed.

Blackie, a black lab and German Shepard mix, on a porch

Blackie is approximately 11 months old. He is a Black Lab and German Shepard. We adopted Blackie a couple of months ago from an agency in Stover, Missouri. He had all of his shots and had been housebroken.

Closeup of Keesha.

Keesha was a 15 year old Keeshound/Shepherd mix. We bought her from a breeder in 1995. She loved to cuddle and be close to her family. She also loved to chase critters out of her yard. Keesha passed away on November 11, 2009.

White dog in a car.

Daisy was born on October 12, 2008. She's a Husky/German mix. We got her when she was 5 weeks old. She loves to play, fetch and run.

Grace in water.

Grace is almost 3 years old. I rescued her because she was going to be put down as a puppy. I think she is some sort of Shepherd mix.

Koda with red scarf.

Koda was 14 when she passed away last month. She was a Lab/Shepherd Mix. We adopted her from the Humane Society when she was around 1 year old. In her prime, she loved swimming, running and playing with her dog buddies.

Bruno

We go him about a month and a half ago from a previous owner who was giving him away. He loves playing catch and fetch.

Dog in a box.

Bentley is a 5 month old mix (German Shepherd and Sheltie). I got him from Orange County Animal Shelter in February. He likes to eat my shoes. He's super fluffy and fun.

Black and tan dog on deck.

This is Rosie. She adopted my husband and I when she was a very young puppy. We believe she is a German Shepherd/Mini Pin mix. Rosie was a feral dog at one point, and it took me a while to win her trust.

Dog in yard.

Jack Daniels is a one and a half year old German Shepherd/Red Husky. I rescued him from a broken home. He loves to play frisbee! He's a great guard dog, very intelligent, and always playful.

Bubba is just a few weeks old. He is part German Shepard, his dad is mix. I got him from a lady that was giving them away. I saw him as I pulled up and felt sorry for him. He was so cute and needed a home.

Dutchess (German Shepard/Chow)

Dutchess is 10 or older and a German Shepard/Chow mix. We got her from the Johnson City Animal Shelter a long time ago. She loves to go bye-bye in the car.

Child and puppy.

Molly is a 3 month old half Great Pyrenees and (we think) half German Shepherd. We had been looking for a puppy for our 3 year old daughter for several weeks.

Black dog in yard on leash.

Daisy is 4 1/2 months old and a Lab - German Shepherd cross. She came to us by chance as god sent, through an old friend that needed help with money. We made an exchange but I think that we were the real winners in this process.

Lucky Dog Tilt

Lucky is a 1 year old dog that we rescued. He loves to play with his toys. He is an very handsome boy who likes to please his master.

Sutey on leash.

Sutey is my foster dog, she is eleven months old and is a shepherd-sharpei-husky mix. I was brought Sutey and her littermate by a health nurse who found them starving and suffering from mange.

one brown and white dog and a  tri-colored one

They were dropped off at a veterinary office before they were supposed to be separated from their mom. We adopted them when they were in good enough health to come home with us.

Zimba and Zeus

Zimba was a gift last year and Zeus we bought on February 2015 for my son's 8th birthday.

Boy holding puppy.

Emma is 12 weeks old and is a Shepherd, Husky, Lab mix. In early October I received her. She was then 8 weeks old. She was my birthday present.

Mix breed black an white dog.

This is our new puppy she is a German Shepherd and Husky mix. She is seven and half weeks old. Her name is Kiera. Isn't she lovely.

Sadie The Shepherd Mix

Sadie is about a year old. I was told at the animal shelter that she's a mix between a smooth collie/shepherd mix. I've been told she's an American Eskimo/shepherd mix. What do you think?

Shepherd mix puppy

He is my dog's puppy. He likes to play and eat.

Dog sitting on a leash.

This is Rex. He just turned 1 year old. He is a Husky/Shepherd mix. Rex was abandoned in a cardboard box in a park in -30 degree weather. We rescued him from the SPCA when he was 2 months old.

closeup of black puppy

I got her on October 31st 2015. She likes to play with our other puppy and steal all her food/treats.

Dabsen lying on the lawn

We adopted him from a rescue shelter in September 2015. He likes to run, fetch, play with toys, chase us, jump, and cuddle.

Kemmy (German Shepherd/Saluki Mix)

A woman contacted a rescue group for help in rehoming her, the lady was moving into an assisted living apt. and was unable to care for her

Dog on bed.

Shiva is a 4 Month old Shepherd Husky mix. I found puppies on Kijiji and she was delivered to me from New Hamburg, Ont. She likes to do what every puppy loves to do. Chew stuff up.

Finn (German Shepherd/ Border Collie)

The Colorado Puppy Rescue rescued my dog from a puppy mill in New Mexico.

large brown dog with dark muzzle

I had to put one of my dogs down and wanted a companion for Sassy June. So we saw a add in the paper went and picked this little guy out.

Tan dog closeup.

Zoie is a 12 year old Shepherd/Lab Mix. I Purchased her from a grooming shop - they were a litter of unwanted puppies playing with the other dogs, we have 4. We love her very much.

Puppy.

This is Brody, my new addition to my family, I got him when he was 6 weeks old and I love him so much! He's very smart..within 8 days he was already house broken and I find him to be a very intelligent dog! He's a German Shepherd/ Husky.

Dog wearing glasses.

Sammie is a 1 year old Border Collie and German Shepherd mix. We got her last August from a Tree Farm. She was in an orange bin with her brothers and sisters. My son fell in love with her immediately.

Closeup of Niko.

Niko is a 1 year old German Shepherd / Husky. We got her from a private breeder. Niko loves to howl and kick a tennis ball around the house.

Kendra (German Shepherd Mix)

Kendra is an 8 year old German Shepherd mixed breed dog. I adopted her from the Humane Society/ Prison training program when she was 10 months old.

Kendra (German Shepherd Mix)

Bella with a red and white scarf.

We purchased her from an online ad.

Black dog with white on chest.

Lily is 4 years young and I think she is a Border Collie/German Shepherd mix. She was the runt of the litter. I adopted her from my local shelter, or should I say she adopted me.

Dog sitting.

Inuki is 10 years old and is a Husky/German Shepherd mix. We bought her when she was a puppy. She likes swimming, hunting, walking next to me, when I'm on my bike.

Dog lying down in yard.

Orion is currently 7 months old and is a German Shepard/Husky mix. He was adopted in May 2008

Bello is 3 months old and is a shepherd/pit or boxer(?) He is an adopted stray from the SPCA 2 weeks ago. He likes to chew things, take walks and wrestle. He is very smart and although he likes nipping and growling during play time, he appears friendly.

Load More