Getting Rid of Moles

We have moles and maybe voles in the yard, leaving little mounds of dirt everywhere. When it was just in the lawn it was bad enough, but now something is in the veggie garden. How do we get rid of them?

By Zippy

Best Answer

You may need to put hardware cloth under the planter beds to keep the burrowing critters out. Easier to do when you have raised beds, of course, but you could do it by digging out the regular bed soil, putting down the hardware cloth in a "U" shape, and re-filling the bed. Good luck!

Laughable but it works. Nighttime, Pee in a bucket. Pour over dirt mounds and the little boogers go away. I don't know what to do about your veggie garden.

Good luck! Moles are very hard to get rid of...I put a metal cage (fencing) under my veggie garden and the moles just make holes nearby. But I found out that moles only eat "insects" from the roots of the veggies. They do not come above ground or eat vegetables. You could get a gopher snake which eats gophers and I presume moles.

If you like cats, then I recommend getting a female they are the best catchers of moles voles and mice not to mention other critters that invade your yard I have 2 cats and 2, 5 month. old kittens one is a male he will wait till his mom or aunt comes with a catch and steal it from them .Just provide her with regular food and water and a place to sleep she will do her job.

Mole Digging Out of Hole into Open Air
Getting Rid of Moles in Your Yard
Home and Garden Pest Control Moles and GophersJuly 4, 2011
Closeup of a gopher.
Getting Rid of Gophers
Closeup of green bodied house fly.
Getting Rid of Flies
iTunes icon on a phone
Getting Rid of Duplicates in iTunes
Poison ivy growing up a tree trunk.
Getting Rid of Poison Ivy Plants
🎉
🎄