Identifying Insect Bites

Recently I noticed that my daughter had what appeared to be insect bites. However, when I looked closely I noticed that they have a black dot in the center and little red bumps all around them. When I try to touch them it seems to hurt. Does anyone have any idea of what this could be?

Nely from Chicago, IL

Answers:

Identifying Insect Bites

Has your daughter been in the woods or lawn where ticks are? The very tiny deer tick looks like a freckle, but it turns red with the black dot being the tick and it gets painful. I hope she doesn't have any ticks, but that was the first thing that came to my mind. They are really bad this year. My husband has had at least 7 or 8 this summer already. Hope she clears up soon. Best wishes and prayers. (07/17/2008)

By Connie A

Identifying Insect Bites

I don't really know without seeing them, but with the black dots in the center they may be bee stings. The black dot would be the stinger. A picture would help
(07/17/2008)

By PICO

Identifying Insect Bites

Try this:

badspiderbites.com (07/17/2008)

By michawnpita

Identifying Insect Bites

Any time I hear on a "bulls-eye" (circular) type bite with a dark colored center, I think Brown Recluse spider bite. Look online at some pictures and see if it's a Brown Recluse spider bite. If it is a bite from the Brown Recluse spider it needs to be treated immediately or she could have many long term health problems. (07/17/2008)

By Cyinda

Identifying Insect Bites

It could also be an allergic reaction to something, anything! My daughter was forever getting "contact dermatitis" when she was young, which is just a medical term for, "Hey, your kid is allergic to something but we don't know what; rub this cream on it a couple of times a day and it will go away".

Anytime that there is something suspicious like that, you may want to take her to the doctor to be absolutely certain of what it is, because it could be so many things.

Good luck, and God bless. (07/17/2008)

By bailegirl

Identifying Insect Bites

Did she have any blotchy spots on her face or anyplace else after she got bit? If so, I would say a spider bite. Does she have any swelling in the area of the bite? I would say take her to a doctor and get her checked out. If she starts getting bad headaches take her in right away, she could have an infection if it's a tick bit. (07/18/2008)

By Mythi

Mosquito Bites
Treating Insect Bites and Stings
Insect
What is This Insect?
weevil on a leaf
Identifying Small Brown Bugs
Homemade Insect Repellents
Homemade Natural Insect Repellents
Chigger on Leaf
Remedies for Chigger Bites
🎉
🎄