Browsing: Kenmore Refrigerator Not Cooling

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Kenmore Refrigerator Not Cooling

When a refrigerator no longer cools it is time for immediate action, either calling a repair person or troubleshooting the problem for a home repair. This is a guide about a Kenmore refrigerator not cooling.

Kenmore Refrigerator
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

June 5, 2016 Flag

Why is my Kenmore refrigerator not cold on both the freezer side and the refrigerator side?

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I have a Kenmore bottom freezer. The refrigerator portion is not getting cold but the freezer is working fine. What could be the problem?

Read More Answers...

July 15, 2016 Flag

I turned the power off for about 5 or 6 hours to get work done and when the power came on the fridge slowly stopped working. Tuesday the power was off for a few hours today everything in the freezer is thawed out. I have no clue what to do or if it's fixable. Please point me in the right directionor tell me what I can do to fix it myself?

Two things:

When this happened to me, I was on the verge of buying a new one, but I pulled off the toe plate only to discover a half inch layer of dust and such. 'Pulled it off, vacuumed it and everything restarted -- this came with the house, so I had no clue either.

One other thing; If by some chance you cannot do anything much for it, then cook up all the thawed food and wrap and mark it for re-freezing. This will buy you about three days to salvage it if there is no immediate freezer space or availability, then store it in a refrigerator if you can -- ask friends and family to store it for you as you work out how to deal with this situation. I believe you can even rent freezer space locally - - check the yellow pages, a butcher shop/meat market, or search on Google. Also check if your insurance will cover any of this. It might. Once resolved, refreeze all your now pre-cooked meals - - be sure to note what each one is and to date it. BTW - - if you can afford it, there are small freezers available at Walmart or online at Amazon for about $130.00 or so. Might be a good investment to augment other issues and such, might give you more options for some things such as taking advantage of sales, pre-holiday baking, etc.

I hope this offers you some help. Best wishes to you. Please let us know how you fare.

February 17, 2016 Flag

Our Kenmore refrigerator with a bottom freezer is not cooling (either one). We began seeing water come from the bottom of it. We purchased it June 2012 and had a Kenmore appliance dealer come out to evaluate it. Unfortunately, we had unplugged the appliance and were not told prior to make sure it was plugged in. They couldn't test to their fullest potential being it was not plugged in for several hours. They did comment that they have seen more and more Kenmore appliances 3-5 years old that have a line inside that is plugged. To get to it, would cost approx. $600-800. Any comment, would be appreciated. Model: 795.72034.111

The refrigerator portion of my Kenmore bottom freezer unit, model #59672234200 is not cooling. What could be the problem and is it costly to repair?

Read More Answers...

July 5, 2013 Flag

I have a Kenmore refrigerator model # 106.56642500. It is not cooling at all, you can hear when it turns on, but it does not get cool at all. I left it on all night and still it did not cool.

By Juan

Well that's not the answer.replaced thermostat.

Read More Answers...

March 27, 2015 Flag

My Kenmore model 253 refrigerator is not cooling at all. However the freezer is working fine.

By L.J.

Thank you so much for this advice. The top shelf in my fridge (bottom freezer) was not cooling, but the lower shelves had some cool and the freezer worked fine. I unplugged the fridge overnight and when I plugged it in again in the morning it started getting cold very quickly.

Read More Answers...

September 30, 2015 Flag

My refrigerator is not cooling and freezing. All I heard was a clicking sound. This morning there was water on the floor. I then unplugged it, but no help. The freezer is all filled with water and the refrigerator is not cool. The water has stopped coming from the fridge, but still it's all messy.

Please help, the model no. is 2537988832990.

You can contact Kenmore directly by phone for help in identifying the problem:

Retail Customer Care

1-800-549-4505

August 30, 2015 Flag

A tech from Sears changed the board in my 4 year old French door Kenmore fridge with bottom freezer. Three hours after installing it, I still don't feel the air flowing. The fridge is running, but no change yet. Is it is too early to say or I should feel a temperature change already or what?

The Sears tech replaced the board so contact Sears to answer your questions.

June 17, 2015 Flag

The power to this house was turn off for about 6 months and now the refrigerator and freezer are not working. They were working when the power was shut off.

I have found that sometimes things don't work properly if they are shut off for long periods of time. Goodness knows why that is, but that seems to be the case. My renter refused to use the dishwasher in our mobile home, and when she moved out, the thing wouldn't work any more. However, it seems strange to me that both appliances don't work. Could it be the outlets rather than the appliances? Is there some sort of shut off -- breaker or electrical switch that could be shut off? Do the outlets work for something else, like a lamp? Is there some sort of on/off switch in the appliances that you may have forgotten to turn on or a thermostat that you need to turn up (or down, depending on your point of view). For example, in my fridge there is a temp control from 0 to 9; if it is set at 0, the fridge doesn't actually cool down. Explore some of these possibilities, and if nothing works, I'd phone a repairperson.

July 31, 2014 Flag

I got this fridge second hand and the lights inside came on, the digital read out was operational, no codes. I replaced the compressor relay and then the fans and compressor came on. There was still no cold. I replaced defrost timer; still no cold air. I inspected the mainboard for any signs of burnt or obvious signs of a blow out; all looked ok. I do not know what to do next. We can't afford a new fridge nor a repair man.

By Dwight

My husband fixed our fridge three times by typing in make/model # and the problem into google and youtube. There was tons of information and how-to videos! Good luck.

Read More Answers...

June 14, 2013 Flag

I have a Kenmore fridge with the bottom freezer. It has been working just fine. Today I noticed that things in the refrigerator/top are not as cold as the have been every other time I have opened the fridge. Things in the freezer are still frozen and don't seem to be thawing at all. Any ideas on things I can do myself before calling out a professional?

By April J.

I have a Kenmore Elite model #59673509201

I noticed the same thing. My fridge has the dual doors. If you have the dual doors. Make sure they are being closed properly. I called a repairman out. He checked it. His diagnoses was the Adaptive Defrost Control board. I was waiting for his return with the parts. But he never returned. So I researched online. SEARS Parts direct gave me a huge help. I research their listing and youtube. They both lead to that. And the Sears website has it broken down. Since on a budget I shopped the parts on Amazon. one repairman suggest that if you replace the ADC to replace the temperature control thermostat. the parts are on order next day. Crossing my fingers.

Read More Answers...
Load More
Home and Garden Repair Appliances RefrigeratorFebruary 13, 2013
Refrigerator
LG Refrigerator Not Cooling
Refrigerator
Adjusting the Temperature in a Refrigerator
Saving Money on a Refrigerator, A new side by side refrigerator and freezer in stainless steel.
Saving Money on a Refrigerator
View of the water line.
Flushing a Refrigerator Water Line
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 28, 2016 at 8:14:39 PM on 10.0.0.57 in 5 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.