Browsing: Making a Diaper Cake

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Making a Diaper Cake

A wonderful centerpiece for any baby shower can be created with diapers. This guide is about making a diaper cake.

Baby Shower Diaper Cake
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

July 20, 2010 Flag

Baby Shower Diaper CakeTired of seeing the same old diaper theme baby shower cakes? I have been making them for a while now and have been wanting to get more creative with them. The perfect opportunity came when I found out I was going to be a grandma again :)

I decided I would try to make this cake really girly so I went with a princess theme. I made the standard diaper cake to begin with, then decorated it with 4 receiving blankets, a tiara, a princess wand with korker bows attached to it, a plastic silver bracelet, which I hot glued some teardrop pearls to, a pair of shoes with korker bows attached, the green "fluff" around the bottom is a tutu for the baby. I used lime green, pink, and brown ribbons (which look awesome together). The Cinderella carriage I printed out using my Hallmark program to personalize it with the baby's name and year of birth. I used a pink feather boa to top each layer and added 2 lime green butterflies. I am very pleased with the results and just wanted to share the idea.

By Tammy from Herrin, IL

February 23, 2010 Flag

Baby Shower Diaper CakeRoll each diaper individually and secure with a rubber band. Most diapers have a pattern at the top of the diaper, if you don't want this to show, start rolling from the pattern end, finishing with the white on the outside.

Once all diapers are rolled, start building the cake tiers. Place a dowel in the middle of a rolled diaper, and place on the cake cardboard. Place a large rubber band around the center roll, add additional rolled diapers, forming a circle around the center diaper. If the cake is a two tier cake, add one more rubber band and an additional layer of diapers. Repeat this process one more time more for a three tier cake.

Decorate the cake by adding the embellishments. To keep them in place, tuck them into the diaper folds or beneath the ribbon. Add a bouquet of flowers or a stuffed animal to the top of the diaper cake and you have a wonderful gift for the mommy to be.

This is a great way to make extra money and the diaper cakes are fun to make.

By Tammy from Herrin, IL

May 11, 2009 Flag

Love Bug Diaper CakeThis is my second diaper cake, a "Love Bug" cake. I made it for a friend at work. I used; 56 rolled up diapers, receiving blankets, baby rattles and such, washcloths, a love bug to top it off and lots of curling ribbon for color. She loves it.

I made my very first one for my first grandchild's shower. it was such a big hit, I decided to sell them. This was my first order. I have already got 3 others to do. They really sell themselves. I get laid off sometimes quite a bit so this a is a perfect way for me to make extra money on the side.

By Tmmy from Herrin

November 4, 2008 Flag

How do you make a "diaper cake" out of disposable diapers? I am hosting a baby shower and would like to make one if it is not too complicated. Thanks in advance.

Barbara from Kingsport, TN

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Search youtube for directions and use your own imagination. It will turn out great!

Read More Answers...

September 13, 2011 Flag

Very tall diaper cake with a white teddy bear on top.Try making a diaper cake for a baby shower. These darling diaper cakes make quite a beautiful site as a centerpiece for a baby shower. They are unique in that you can use almost every item bundled in this cake.

Supplies

Instructions

1. Take all the diapers and roll them bottom to top. Tie on the curling ribbon and use scissors to give the ends a nice curl. (Simply open up your scissors and run the ends of the ribbon in a downward motion to make it curl. Be sure to do both ends.) Lay aside.
  2. Take the cardboard round and adhere the doily to it. You do not need to use the whole doily if you are only working with smaller pieces. Just make it so the edges of the doily are showing.
  3. Take your bottle of powder and place it in the center of the cardboard. Start adding the diapers one at a time, substituting items from the list in place of a diaper.
  4. Form the second layer as you did the first layer, adding different baby items as you go along.
  5. To finish the top layer, use the rolled diapers and any other baby items you have to complete the last layer.
  6. Add the stuffed animal to the top.
  7. Take the 1 inch ribbon and tie each layer around the outside.
  8. Add a pretty bow to the stuffed animal and you are all set to use the centerpiece.

Tips: You can use any baby item you have to do this project. I collected a few items at a time so the price didn't seem so expensive. It also may be easier for you to add the 1 inch ribbon to each layer as you go to help hold it in place. Be sure to curl your ribbon with scissors to give it a fuller look. Enjoy and surprise the mother to be with useful items she will definitely need.

Source: My own trial and error way. LOL

By Gem from VA

January 11, 2008 Flag

Diaper Cakes are all the rage as a baby shower gift. Here are instruction on how to make one for half the cost of buying one.

How to Make a Diaper Cake

April 16, 2007 Flag

One of my best friends is expecting a little girl next month. We are throwing a surprise shower lunch for her at work and I thought that a "onesie cake" would be adorable for the table.

variation on diaper cake

July 21, 2008 Flag

Do you know how to make the original 3 tier cake where you wrap Styrofoam with baby blankets and pin baby items onto each layer decorating the cake. Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated.

Donna

Best Answer

I used a cute baby bottle as the center. For bottom layer I rolled up receiving blankets around the bottle. The second layer was rolled up cloth diapers (or you could use disposable). I used straight pins in the center to secure both layers. On outside I used diaper pins. The top layer was baby wash clothes and socks. It was big. I recommend making and transporting layers separately, then put them together at the shower. Decorate the cake with small baby stuff, such as pacifiers, rattles, teething necklaces, etc.. Go crazy. It is so cute and fun. You can also use party decorations to match. Well good luck! Ohhhh, and tuck some chocolate inside for mommy!

Read More Answers...

July 23, 2005 Flag

This is a photo of a Diaper Cake my niece recieved at her baby shower. It was made from pampers and stacked two layers high. Tiny ribbon weaved through it held it together and small "necessities" were tucked around the layers.

Diaper Cake2

January 10, 2008 Flag

Does anyone have a pattern for the baby shower diaper cake?

Sandy from Stewartstown, PA

Best Answer

I don't have a suggestion for the diaper cake idea, but I do have a suggestion for a diaper wreath. My girlfriend gave me one when my last baby was born and I loved it so much I made one for my sister-in-law who is expecting her first little girl (after 4 boys) any day now.

You will need a wire wreath form. Open the diapers slightly and sandwich it around the wire wreath form. Use a tiny hair rubber band to scrunch the diaper up a little and help it stay on the wreath. Go all the way around the whole wreath. Then use curling ribbon to cover the rubber band and also add additional support to keep the diaper on the wreath. Then use some curling ribbon to attach "baby items" around the wreath. I used diaper rash ointment, pacifiers, a bottle, a bottle of baby oil and baby lotion, a brush/comb set, etc.

The fun part is to find diapers that might match the color scheme. For instance, I found that the Walmart brand White Cloud has purple diapers. These are what I used to make the wreath for my sister-in-law. But Pampers Swaddlers are yellow and Pampers Baby Dry are green, Huggies have blueish colored diapers. Anyways, you can use a different brand to make a more "girly" or "boyish" wreath or one that is more unisex.

Read More Answers...

June 10, 2009 Flag

How do you make a baby shower cake?

By fefiep from Port Huron, MI

Best Answer

Easy! Roll up individual diapers, rubber band around each one. Then stack them and decorate with ribbon or whatever you like.

Read More Answers...

February 28, 2012 Flag

84 Blues Clues diapers were used for this cake, with small clear rubber bands and an empty paper towel tube filled with 3 diapers.

Blues Clues Diaper Cake with lace and ribbons.

Load More
Crafts Baby ItemsAugust 7, 2012
A beach towel wedding cake.
Making a Towel Wedding Cake
Nightmare Before Christmas Diaper Cake
Making a Nightmare Before Christmas Diaper Cake
Women looking at a baby shower gift
Homemade Baby Shower Gifts
Diaper Pail
Getting Rid of Gnats in a Diaper Pail
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 30, 2016 at 7:54:43 AM on 10.0.2.253 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.