Old Dog Peeing in House

My 9 year old Chihuahua has decided to go to the bathroom wherever she wants in my house, besides her potty pad. She has been potty pad trained all her life.

I don't know how to get her out of this habit. I have scolded her a couple times and found out through research that it is the wrong thing to do. So I won't be doing that anymore. I hate it anyway. I hope I haven't scared her now. I need some advice how to deal with this problem. I love my little baby.

By Jennifer from Cincinnati, OH

Answers:

Old Dog Peeing in House

Since this is a new behavior, it might be best for you to consult with her vet, to rule out any medical problems. If her health is good, the vet might be able to give you some good advice to change the behavior. Best of luck! (03/02/2010)

By mrs.story

Old Dog Peeing in House

Your dog needs to be seen by a vet. She could have a urinary tract infection, which will cause this behavior. Also, older spayed dogs often develop urinary incontinence which can be treated with a medication called Proin. (03/06/2010)

By beemeli

Senior dog laying on wood floor in home, looking sad
Old Dog Peeing in House
Dog Standing on Carpet
Preventing a Dog From Peeing on Carpet and Rugs
Dog Peeing on Another Dog
Dog Peeing on Another Dog
Litter Box
Cat Peeing Outside Litter Box
guilty dog
Dog Peeing and Pooping Inside
🎄
🍂