Older Dog Now Peeing in the House

My oldest dog has started peeing on my bedroom floor. He has never done this. He's 13yrs old, but you wouldn't know it in how he plays outside. I want to take him to the vet, but am a little strapped for cash. Any over the counter meds I could get him from Petsmart or Petco?

By loneladywolf5

Best Answer

My 14 year old Bichon has kidney / bladder stones and surgery is not recommended due to her age. The vet recommended doggie diapers ... She just dribbles pee all day in the house and doesn't realize it! The diapers are weird, but we are all happy now and life is stress free, not worrying about it anymore. We take it off when she goes outside. Only her bladder is an issue... Thank goodnesss

I would not medicate without knowing the cause. If he's only peeing in one room keep him out of that room. If hes peeing all over, maybe diapers for indoors?

Are you aware that as humans become older they can suffer with incontinent your Dog is no different. Talk to your veterinarian.

I have had a problem with my dog also. I clean up the spot with a detergent based solution and then spray it with vinegar. The vinegar seems to do the trick since the scent is no longer there.

My 13 year old lab/shepherd dog is doing the same thing for months now. The vet said that it happens just like when us humans get that way too when we are old. I use a mop now on the messes after scraping up the solid stuff with a scraper for masonary work and a dustpan which both help a lot.

I then put borax on the floor and use hot water and a mop. A friend said to absorb the pee with paper towel first and then mop it up after which helps get up most of it a lot better than just using a mop and water.

I'm going to try throw carpets next so he has something to lay on and pee on and then I will take them outside and hose them off for my dog is now peeing whilst laying down too. Crazy it is and I've mopped up about 60 times now, so I now how you feel! We love our animals but they can drive us crazy too.

Anonymous

My older dog does the same thing, I keep a blanket in the living room and one in the bedroom, for her to sleep on, I keep a third one clean so I can change them out when needed, but unfortunately she does not always lay on the blankets, so the carpet gets it too. I then get the carpet scrubber out. I was getting a med at Tractor supply, and just when it began to work we could no longer find it.

I also have that problem with my dog. She is 13 years old.and is dribbling pee all over my house. I had to Lock her in my front room. my poor baby! She is a very large dog and is peeing everywhere. I brought her bed in that room and always have an extra blanket on hand to throw over the bed because the bed keeps getting wet. I hope she does not suffer much longer from this. She is a very good girl. But I just cannot afford to bring her to the vet. I tried apple cider vinegar which seem to work. But I stopped it and now it's back I'm going to try to do it again. She is not crazy about the taste but it really did work.. I should have kept doing it a little longer.. This time I will do it for at least two weeks.. I only did it for one week n it seem to work ! But now it's back