Painting a Kitchen with Blue Countertops

I have countertops that are sky blue. I want to change the color of my walls which are also blue. My cabinets are a honey natural oak. What should I go with for wall colors?

By Christine 85 from Columbus, OH

Answers:

How about a soft yellow on the walls or a light sage green? If the room is small, white would be good. Can you see other rooms from the kitchen like the dining room or family room? What colors are those walls? (04/03/2009)

By OliveOyl

I like the yellow idea, too! All of my walls are a color that looks off white with the sun shining but very, very pale yellow when it's not so light out. Sage green is a very popular color now and a very light one would be nice. If you're daring (I'm not) you could paint one wall a darker shade of something, but I'd stick with light colors. (04/03/2009)

By Glenn'sMom

If you have enough light in the room, you could try a dark smoky blue. I have similar colors in my kitchen (light blue walls, white cabinets), and I'm considering painting the table this dark blue color. (04/03/2009)

By RachelC

You know what I like with blue? A citrus green! But maybe a light version of it. If you did walls that color, then you could accent with the same color in some kitchen towels and accessories. The yellow sounds good, too, if it is the right yellow. Sometimes yellow is deceiving though and it is difficult to get just the right shade. (04/07/2009)

By Laniegirl

I have the same color countertop in my laundry room and I had been thinking of trying Granitex to cover it up. Yesterday I painted the laundry room "Twilight Fever" by Valspar. If you go to their website you can see the color. I couldn't be happier! Now I actually like the countertops too! It's that bluish, pinkish, purplish color of the sky right before it gets dark. I was afraid it might be too dark for a small room but it's beautiful! (04/07/2009)

By Bethmom1961

I have seen yellow done with blue countertops an it looks good. Also a peachy/terra cotta color would look good. What I love about this website is that people bring up things I never would have thought about, like the citrus green. Now I can picture things I have seen combining the two colors and I think it would be great! Don't limit yourself based on convention! (04/08/2009)

By Beth

A nice kitchen with granite countertops and white cabinets.
Coordinating Granite Countertops With Kitchen Cabinets
painted formica countertops
Painting a Formica Countertop
Nice Countertops
Protecting Your Countertops
Baby Blue Eyes (California Blue Bells)
Growing Baby Blue Eyes (California Blue Bells)
🎉
🎄