Painting a Kitchen with Blue Countertops?

In my kitchen the walls are a light yellowish white. The counter tops are a dark blue granite, but the cabinets are white. I am trying to change the wall color. What color would look good?

By Amanda

Bright yellow would certainly add color. A brighter than the counter tops blue might work or blue and white stripes. With white cabinets, you really have many choices. What color do you like? Try that. I can see almost any color working here, but do a small sample first, and, please, not a white ceiling unless your cabinets touch the ceiling. Since kitchens usually don't have much wall space, you can change it easily if you aren't happy, or just want a change.

You could paint a light blue, or red, or green that would be a good match to the dark blue. or a rust orange type of color, or brighter yellow on the walls.

I would go with a nice tan. Browns and blues go together and you can go to the local hardware store and use their color design machines.

You put in the room, the cabinet colors and counter tops, and click on the walls and then a color and you can see the combo before you buy the paint.

Good luck!

In one of the archived posts you might find the person who recommended a bright light green. At first this might seem odd, but I have seen it in pictures and it is very refreshing. Of course, you have to consider the type of home you have and your personal style. If you want something with pizzazz, go green. If you want something calmer, try tan.

I was looking at this because we are checking out a house right now that house royal blue countertops and burgandy paint on the walls. YUCK! My first thought was the countertops need to go, but I think I can work with them.

I would choose a pale yellow or tan. I like to keep things looking fresh, clean and OPEN. I am not a fan of dark or bright colors in the kitchen. Especially since yours appears to be small. Good luck to you!

I have white oak cabinets and blue countertops. My appliances are white. Right now my walls are white and I would like to repaint with another color and get a new floor. What color should I paint the walls and what color tile should I get for the floor?

By Millie from MD

Answers:

Painting a Kitchen with Blue Countertops

Blue, white, and a soft brown are so pretty! Whatever you choose, take a shot and share it with us? Good luck! (03/13/2010)

By Sandi/Poor But Proud

I have white cabinets in the kitchen with blue countertops (not navy and not baby blue, but country blue) and natural wood floors. What would be a good paint color for the walls (not yellow)? I was thinking a chocolate brown.

By Hulet from Alberta, Canada

Answers:

You could go with a light brown, taupe, or even a medium gray. I would also look at your appliance colors and any furniture in the room. (01/12/2010)

By Allison

I wouldn't use chocolate brown as I worry it would be too dark for a kitchen. If there isn't much wall to be painted and if there are enough white cabinets to offset the dark of the wall, I'd say go ahead and do that. I once saw an episode of Sell this House on A and E TV in which the decorator used black on the walls of the kitchen.

I once read an article in Better Homes and Gardens magazine about bathrooms with colored fixtures. My tub and other fixtures are blue. It suggested a khaki color for the walls of the bath. To me, it looked like an army green color, brownish green. It had a little olive in it. You may want to consider that color.

I think I'd use a lighter brown like beige for the walls and save the dark brown for accents. I prefer brown with the blue rather than the grey someone else has suggested. But, I agree with you that a neutral is required for this situation. Best wishes always. (01/13/2010)

By Carol Swanson

What about a peach or terra cotta shade? If that isn't your taste, how about a light, bright green? It's not the first thing most people would think of, but check out some decorating magazines and I'll bet you see that combination somewhere. (01/13/2010)

By Beth

How about an turquoise or blue-green? I also think the chocolate brown would work. (01/13/2010)

By elle

A warm tone to balance the dusky blue would be best. You said no to yellow, but maybe a buttery beige or off white would be better. (01/14/2010)

By Tracy Baker

I have countertops that are sky blue. I want to change the color of my walls which are also blue. My cabinets are a honey natural oak. What should I go with for wall colors?

I want to redo my kitchen. It was a theme of strawberries, I am tired of it. The wallpaper is coming down and I want to paint but don't know what color.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Paint Color AdviceSeptember 5, 2010
📓
😷
🌻
😎
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf92499798.tip.html

Paint Color AdviceDecorating