Peanut Butter Bars Recipes
Making your favorite peanut butter cookies as bars is easier and saves time. This page contains peanut butter bars recipes.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This recipe is supposed to taste like Butterfinger candy bars. It's very close but a little softer than the candy. They are delicious. Everyone loved them. There are only 4 ingredients to this candy. Super quick and easy!
Total Time: 20 minutes or so.
Yield: I cut mine into 16 pieces. Some broke, so there were 20 or so.
- 1 jar creamy peanut butter (16 oz)
- 1 pkg candy corn (16 oz, about 2 1/4 cups)
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp shortening
I used Trader Joe's salted, creamy peanut butter. But, I'm sure you could use any kind.
- Line a 9 x 9 inch dish with wax paper.
- Add candy corn to a microwave safe bowl. Heat on high in the microwave for 1 minute. Mix.
- Add to microwave for 15 seconds. Stir. Heat another 15 seconds, then stir.
- Do this until the mixture is completely melted. (It took me about 5 times to get it all melted)
- Add your peanut butter. The original recipe says to stir it in. I was having a hard time stirring the mixture. So, I brought out my trusty hand mixer and mixed it that way.
- Pour mixture into your pan and spread it into an even layer. Let cool completely at room temperature or in the fridge. It took a couple of hours.
- Take the candy out of the pan by lifting up the wax paper. Cut into squares. It's pretty flaky and breaks easily.
- Melt your chocolate chips and shortening in the microwave (in 20 second intervals, stirring each time) or over a double boiler.
- Once melted, dip your candy in the chocolate and coat. Set on wax paper to harden.
- If you keep these in the refrigerator or freezer, they are flakier and more like a Butterfinger. Enjoy!
Read More Comments
October 5, 20150 found this helpful
This looks fantastic!!
I don't know what this recipe is actually called, but I think this would be perfect for you to share the sweetness of your love this Valentine's Day.
- 1 cup peanut-butter
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 2 cups puffed rice cereal
- 1/4 cup chocolate bars (melted)
- 1/2 cup chocolate candies
- 1 Tbsp candy sprinkles
- Melt 1/2 cup peanut butter and the marshmallows over medium heat.
- Keep stirring until marshmallows are melted.
- Next add the rice cereals. Stir until well combined.
- Then pour in 1/4 cup chocolate candies and mix until evenly distributed.
- Pour into square container (you can also pour them into heart shaped molds).
- Melt the chocolate bars, pour and spread over the mixture.
- Melt another 1/2 cup of peanut butter and spread for the top layer.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup of chocolate candies and sprinkles for the toppings.
- Let cool and chill for 1 hour.
- Cut them into bars and serve.
In a mixing bowl combine the butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and vanilla; gradually stir in the oats. . .Read More...
Stir first 4 ingredients together, add the prepackaged cookie mix. Grease/spray a 9x13 inch pan. Put batter into pan, spreading evenly. TIP: if hard to do, dip/heat table spoon in hot water, smooth with back side of spoon.Read More...
Mix together and boil hard for 1 minute the first 3 ingredients. Add the peanut butter and vanilla and beat well.Read More...
In a small bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar. Add flour and salt; mix well. Press into an ungreased 15x 10x 1 inch baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 12 -14 minutes or until lightly browned. Sprinkle with peanuts.Read More...
In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter, sugars and water. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, oats, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Spread into a greased 15x10 inch baking pan. Read More...
Grease 9x13 inch pan. Beat 1 1/4 cups peanut butter and butter in large mixer bowl until creamy. Gradually beat in 1 cup powdered sugar. With hands or wooden spoon, work in remaining powdered sugar, graham cracker crumbs and 1/2 cup chocolate chips.Read More...
September 25, 20040 found this helpful
If you like peanut butter you will love these crunchy bars.Read More...