Peel Hard Boiled Eggs Easily

Vote for this contest contender!

Many times we have difficulty peeling hard-boiled eggs. Sure, sometimes they are easy to shell, but for some reason at other times, the shells splinter into a thousand pieces and stick to the white! Just by using a spoon, I have made the process of using a hard boiled egg incredibly easy.

I just cut a piece of shell, then insert the spoon and essentially 'spoon' the egg. By which I mean that I make the spoon come between the egg and the shell. In this way, the shell effortlessly separates from the cooked white. Even if it decides to splinter and stick, the act of making the spoon scrape against the shell makes the problem entirely disappear.

I actually do something similar with avocados. I think they gave me the idea.

Source: My own experience