Browsing: Recipes Using Leftover Roast

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Recipes Using Leftover Roast

There are often leftovers after a roast dinner. This page contains recipes using leftover roast.

Recipes Using Leftover Roast
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

May 23, 2016 Flag

This is a guide about recipes using leftover pork roast. Leftover pork roast can be reserved in a variety of ways.

Recipes Using Leftover Pork Roast

October 8, 2009 Flag

No one at my home likes dark meat or leftovers for that matter. I learned to get around that by taking leftover dark meat, or any leftover vegetables from a roast, and throwing them in the food processor. This is a great way to "fool" the family, and add flavor at the same time. I often add grated carrot, chicken or beef stock, and this to brown rice, for example. It really is good, and so cheap.

By nunley10 from Huntington, WV

August 12, 2009 Flag

What can I do with leftover pork?

By robinski41671 from Herkimer, NY

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Dice it for pork stroganoff, make pork sandwiches for sack lunches, make a potato, onion and pork hash in your skillet.

Pork tacos, burritos, enchiladas. Pork chow mein, Pork Yakisoba.

Quantities will depend on the amount of pork left over and the number of people you want to feed. This is an old family favorite so I don't have a precise recipe.

Chop up the pork into 1" cubes (or smaller if liked) and fry gently with about tablespoon of oil, grated apple (Bramley is good) and finely chopped mushrooms (use fairly bland ones or they'll mask the flavor of the pork). Stir occasionally until cooked through (at least ten minutes to ensure the meat is heated thoroughly). Stir in a "dollop" of coarse-grain mustard ensuring meat is coated with what will be a mustardy sauce (don't overdo it unless you REALLY like mustard). Remove pan from heat and stir in a pot of soured cream. Serve over plain long-grain rice with a green salad.

Pork fried rice is a favorite of mine. I do this with left over chicken also. Add a little oil to the pan, have some cooked rice handy. Just add the pork and rice to the skillet and "stir fry". Add 1 or 2 scrambled eggs and keep moving the mixture around the pan until the egg is scrambled. Last, I add a handful of frozen peas and carrots. For my own plate, I add sesame oil which I love. But, it's according to individual taste because not everyone may like it. You can also add soy sauce. I could eat this until it's coming out of my ears.

I never have pork roast left overs because sooner then I can get to use it it is gone on pork sandwiches. LOL!

April 22, 2001 Flag

When making Sunday roast, buy one large enough to make roast beef sandwiches with the leftovers. On another night make roast beef soup with leftover vegetables. Have it all the same week or freeze and save it for another time.

By Cathy

January 31, 2000 Flag

picture of a beef pot roastI buy roast on sale and then cook it New England style, for one meal. The next day I make soup, chili or enchiladas for the next day or freezer. It gives us lunches and dinners for nearly a week that way. (Not all in one week however.)

By Nicole

November 7, 2001 Flag

An idea for a leftover pot roast is one that my grandmother, mother, and now I use: Cut up or shred some of the beef and save it for the next day along with some potatoes and carrots (as little or as much as you like). Grandma calls it "hash".

Food and Recipes Recipes Meats Beef RoastSeptember 6, 2012
Recipes Using Leftover Ham, Spiral sliced ham.
Freezing Leftover Ham
Crockpot Pork Roast
Crockpot Pork Roast Recipes
Pork Roast
Pork Roast Recipes
Roast Beef About to be Sliced
Recipes Using Roast Beef
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 25, 2016 at 8:52:26 PM on 10.0.0.156 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.