Recipes Using Leftover Roast

There are often leftovers after a roast dinner. This page contains recipes using leftover roast.

Recipes Using Leftover Roast
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

This is a guide about recipes using leftover pork roast. Leftover pork roast can be reserved in a variety of ways.

Recipes Using Leftover Pork Roast

CommentMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

What can I do with leftover pork?

By robinski41671 from Herkimer, NY

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I never have pork roast left overs because sooner then I can get to use it it is gone on pork sandwiches. LOL!

Read More Answers...

No one at my home likes dark meat or leftovers for that matter. I learned to get around that by taking leftover dark meat, or any leftover vegetables from a roast, and throwing them in the food processor. This is a great way to "fool" the family, and add flavor at the same time. I often add grated carrot, chicken or beef stock, and this to brown rice, for example. It really is good, and so cheap.

By nunley10 from Huntington, WV

When making Sunday roast, buy one large enough to make roast beef sandwiches with the leftovers. On another night make roast beef soup with leftover vegetables. Have it all the same week or freeze and save it for another time.

By Cathy

picture of a beef pot roastI buy roast on sale and then cook it New England style, for one meal. The next day I make soup, chili or enchiladas for the next day or freezer. It gives us lunches and dinners for nearly a week that way. (Not all in one week however.)

By Nicole

An idea for a leftover pot roast is one that my grandmother, mother, and now I use: Cut up or shred some of the beef and save it for the next day along with some potatoes and carrots (as little or as much as you like). Grandma calls it "hash".

Cut 2 slices of bread into small squares, melt a little margarine in a large skillet. Lightly brown the bread, add the beef, cut up potatoes, and carrots, and anything else you'd like to throw in. While this is heating through, beat 2 eggs in a bowl then add it to the skillet. Cook 'til the eggs are done. It may not sound great, but it sure is delicious. Stretch the recipe a bit with some throw-in ideas: green beans, corn, peppers, onions. Enjoy!

By Lori

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Food and Recipes Recipes Meats Beef RoastSeptember 6, 2012
Recipes Using Leftover Ham, Spiral sliced ham.
Freezing Leftover Ham
Crockpot Pork Roast
Crockpot Pork Roast Recipes
Pork Roast
Pork Roast Recipes
Roast Beef About to be Sliced
Recipes Using Roast Beef
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 25, 2016 at 12:51:43 PM on 10.0.2.146 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.