Process Leftover Roast and Vegetables

No one at my home likes dark meat or leftovers for that matter. I learned to get around that by taking leftover dark meat, or any leftover vegetables from a roast, and throwing them in the food processor. This is a great way to "fool" the family, and add flavor at the same time. I often add grated carrot, chicken or beef stock, and this to brown rice, for example. It really is good, and so cheap.

By nunley10 from Huntington, WV

When I have left over dark turkey meat, or a roast, I put it in the food processor, maybe add some of the veggies it was cooked with, or not, fresh celery, a little onion. This makes a great sandwich spread. Mix this with a little mayo, or Miracle Whip. Enjoy!

Great ideas here all around. Having B-B-Q'd a roast and looking at the left-over beef I now have some grand ideas for an early morning dinner prep before the days work begins. Think I'll create a wok dinner with frozen and fresh veggies, slivered beef and basmati or california rice...will go wild with the spices (ginger etc) and a touch of VH medium garlic sauce. some manderin or pineapple fruit pieces (for good digestion). Should turn out great. I've read it takes 30 min. to set up the ingredients before cooking.

Well, I'll microwave the rice while setting up and chopping or whizzing what I dig up in my pantry, freezer and fridge. Will write down my ingredients and get back to you with the results. Going to try to make this as simple as possible with a 'clean as you go' joy...hate a messy kitchen while cooking. You folks are the best at Thrifty Fun...A true inspiration!