Recipes for a Diabetic Person

Looking for recipes of all kinds for a diabetic person. Thanks.

Janet from WI

Answers:

Recipes for a Diabetic Person

You can also use recipes or cook your own dinner instead of eating out or eating fatty foods. It's just how healthy anyone eats. My dad is diabetic. If you like fish, soup, and all the home made food it's all good. (09/29/2007)

By ramona I

Recipes for a Diabetic Person

splenda.com has a lot of great recipes. Did you check the American Diabetes Association website, they should also have lots of info and/or recipes. (09/29/2007)

By teddygirl

Recipes for a Diabetic Person

As a type II diabetic, I have the most fun just adapting my favourites to lower fat, salt and sugar. Many recipes can have the sugar reduced by up to half without obvious effect. Use canola oil instead of butter or margarine where you can and often. I find you can leave most or all of the salt out entirely (except for yeast breads). Make it as high fibre as you can, that new Robin Hood Nutri Flour is great, it is high fiber without being obviously so. They must use it in the new Wonder bread white products I think.

Try your local library too, they will be sure to have or can get that kind of thing for u. Search "Canadian Diabetic Association" they have a great resource on computer.
(10/02/2007)

By thriftmeg

RE: Recipes for a Diabetic Person

Recipes for a Diabetic Person

Lentil Chicken Crock pot Stew

• 1 small bag lentils
  • 6 or 7 chicken thighs
  • 1 small onion diced
  • salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

Add water to just cover everything. Cook on low for 8-9 hours. Serve over cooked pasta or rice.
(10/02/2007)

By fab4mom

Recipes for a Diabetic Person
Apple Pie
Diabetic Apple Pie Recipes
Making Diabetic Powdered Sugar (Sugar Free)
Blueberry Pie
Diabetic Blueberry Pie
Graham Cracker Crust
Diabetic Graham Cracker Crust Recipes
🎉
🎄