Refill Foaming Hand Soap

Category Saving Money
Refill Foaming Hand Soap
Foaming hand soap can be expensive when you buy a new bottle each time you run out, but you can save money by refilling a foaming hand soap bottle with diluted liquid soap. Learn how in this guide.

I absolutely love foaming soap for the bathroom. My husband loves it too. I discovered that the foam is caused by the dispenser. So I reuse the dispenser by putting something like Dawn liquid in it and add some water to it. It still is antibacterial and comes out as a foam!

By marmatink from Cape Girardeau, MO

Can the foaming hand soap bottles be refilled?

By PC

Best Answer

Yes they can! You can use body wash or dish detergent! Just put about 1/3 of the soap and fill the rest of the way up with water. Mix well and it will foam.

To refill one of the new "foaming" liquid soap containers, dilute with water. Just add soap half-way and fill the other half of the bottle with water. Remember to allow room for the "foamer". After a few practices this will really add up savings. I use it with all kinds of soap from the kitchen to the laundry to the bath.

Source: I discovered this myself by experimenting.

By Karen F. from Chicago, IL

Answers:

Refill Foaming Hand Soap

I've tried this several times with my family,only the dispenser never lasts more than 3 refills, sometimes less! I dilute it about 1 part soap to 3 parts water,so I know it's not too thick.Never fails though, something happens and it quits working. Any ideas why?I'm wondering if my husband and 3 boys are just being too rough or something? Thanks! (03/01/2010)

By lyonpridej

My little boy likes to use foaming handwash in the bathroom, so I choose a brand that has a screw on lid (that can be taken off and replaced again - some are permanently sealed). When it runs out, buy a cheaper brand of ordinary handwash liquid and dilute with water (1 part soap to 4 water) and refill the bottle. Much cheaper and lasts for ages.

By Juliet from Manchester UK

Answers:

Refill Foaming Hand Soap

Good tip. I have never used the foaming hand wash; however do use and like the foaming dishwashing soap. I have done the same thing with that, just added ordinary liquid dish soap and water and still get the nice foam. I guess it's the special pump that does it. (11/14/2007)

By Debbie52

Refill Foaming Hand Soap

When mine ran out, I just put Dawn dish soap in it. Mixed it 1 part - 4 parts of water. Works great. (11/15/2007)

By Joyce wis

Refill Foaming Hand Soap

I use dollar store shampoo for the dispenser, diluted 1/2 water, 1/2 shampoo. This also works in pump soap dispensers. (11/16/2007)

By Jean