Refilling the Swiffer Bottle

My Swiffer jet mop was always running out of the expensive refills. I tried to refill the bottle by drilling a hole in the end of the bottle and refilling it with my own cleaner. The mop leaked and stop running. I had to purchase another Swiffer. This time when I ran out of the Swiffer cleaner I filled a large spray bottle with my favorite cleaner and sprayed as I mopped.

Trisha from AL

Answers:

Refilling the Swiffer Bottle

Actually the lid does come off. Very hard to get off, but I use my rubber can opener thingy and it does come off. I have never bought new and I do it for the places that I clean for, too. It doesn't leak after you do it either. (08/24/2007)

By themuffster

Refilling the Swiffer Bottle

My husband drilled a hole in the bottom of the Swiffer bottle and glued in a hose connector with a cap. The hose connector with cap is very inexpensive at any hardware store. It works great and is very easy to refill. I also made my own Swiffer cleaning pads by using a microfiber cloth, putting a diaper on one half and then folding the microfiber cloth over the diaper. I stitched it in place and add Velcro strips. It absorbs beautifully and is washable. (08/24/2007)

By Patti from CA

RE: Refilling the Swiffer Bottle

Refilling the Swiffer Bottle

I take a very slender knife and make an x in the rubber part of the bottle. I insert a small funnel and fill with my cleaner. It works perfectly and does not leak. (08/25/2007)

By

Refilling the Swiffer Bottle

The lid will come off with a little persuasion. I used a crescent wrench to pry it off and I refilled it quite a few times before I had to purchase a new one. The seal became worn out on the old one. Good luck. (08/26/2007)

By gigik

Refilling the Swiffer Bottle

I don't refill with the Swiffer product. I use 1 part ammonia to 3 parts water. Very inexpensive and you can use a water bottle to mix it up. Also, I use old washcloths in place of the Swiffer pads. Just lay it flat, bring up the edges around the Swiffer bottom and tuck them into the holes. Toss them in the wash when you finished. Saves money, and they work a lot better.

(07/07/2008)

By sdickston

Refilling the Swiffer Bottle

I just cut off the ring around the neck with a sharp knife and found that lo and behold there is a regular screw cap under there. Now all I have to do is unscrew the cap. I don't like the liquid cleaner, because it makes streaks on my laminate floor. All I really need is water, vinegar, a little biodegradable dishsoap, and some lemon juice. That is my earth friendly floor solution. Perfect. (11/13/2008)

By Brenna

Refilling the Swiffer Bottle

Oh almost forgot. I bought two reusable pads from Method and I use them with my wet jet sprayer. (11/13/2008)

By Brenna

Refilling the Swiffer Bottle
White Comforter
Refilling a Comforter
Swiffer Wet Jet
Replacing the Bottle on a Swiffer Wet Jet
Refilling Liquid Containers
Refilling Liquid Containers
🎉
🎄