Ideas for Refilling for Bean Bag Chairs?

Looking for an alternative for refilling beanbag chairs. Tired of refilling with styrofoam which doesn't last and when old can't be taken to recycling.

Answers

Best Answer

If you use a paper shredder the shredded paper works great for refilling bean bags also. When the paper gets flat recycle and fill again:)

Best Answer

Try using plastic bags you get with almost everything these days, mostly grocery bags. They are refluffable.

Best Answer

Way, way, way back when, they used to stuff homemade mattresses with pine needles - free stuffing if you live around pine trees. I do a lot of quilting - I am stuffing and old air mattress with those bits and pieces of leftover batting that are too small for anything else - so free stuffing - look around and then think outside the box to see stuffing from things you would have never thought of before.

Anonymous
Best Answer

The stuffing from old pillows or foam mattresses is great for stuffing beanbags. Don't chuck them away, cut them up, or pull them apart into handfuls and fill up the beanbag.

No choking hazard and free!

Anonymous
Best Answer

i am thinking of using wood pellets for a pellet stove. fairly cheap. cheaper than the refill styrofoam but could be heavy.

Best Answer

How about your child's stuffed animals? We have about a jillion that no one really plays with. After a while, we think tuck them inside the bean bag chair :)

Best Answer

I just refilled my daughters bean bag chair with worn out clothes that weren't in good enough shape to donate. Works perfectly

Best Answer

My idea was rice and cotton. Both all natural, rice smaller therefore softer and lighter than Beans nor pointy enough to hopefully not seep through or to hurt your child. Cotton is soft and can be manipulated.

Cost maybe a little more and maybe you have to add or replace it every now and then but to the alternatives... It would definitely be worth it. If I come up with something else I'll try to answer.

Home and Garden Repair Furniture ChairsSeptember 23, 2021
🌻
🎃
🎂
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Ideas-for-Refilling-for-Bean-Bag-Chairs-1.html