Browsing: Remedies for Acid Reflux

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Remedies for Acid Reflux

Many people suffer the pain caused by acid reflux. This is a guide about remedies for acid reflux.

Acid Reflux
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

September 8, 2015 Flag

This does not work for everyone, but it worked for my son-in-law and I. We both had acid reflux. I had read something in a book about licorice oil being an aid. I went to the store and tried to find licorice oil with no luck. (I found later you can order it through a drug store.) Since I couldn't find it, I got to thinking that licorice tastes and is substituted with anise. I went looking for anise oil but couldn't find any. I finally went to the grocery store in the seasonings aisle. I found anise extract.

It was fairly inexpensive so I bought a bottle. I took it home and followed the other instructions I remembered. "Taking it carefully, start with a small amount (up to two TEASPOONS, not tablespoons). I took up to two teaspoons the first time and had relief. I had to repeat a couple months later but haven't had any backup since.

My son-in-law tried it and one dose fixed his problem. My daughter tried it but got the instructions mixed up and took two tablespoons. She has not had much relief. Proving once again that too much of a good thing isn't good.

I shared this with my counselor, who tried it. She shared with her clients. They were cured too. I didn't hear of any failures from her.

Source: I think the book was a Pioneer Cookbook I had purchased somewhere in my lifetime.

May 23, 2013 Flag

I am looking fro a natural remedy for acid reflux. I have it so bad that I can't eat anything without being in pain and sick.

By Gina

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I think you should go to a doctor. I have had bad heartburn, and found that there are many choices of remedies that the doctor can prescribe. Prior to that I was using Tums or a generic brand of the product multiple times a day.

It took a while but I relieved my acid reflux after giving up soda. Also I use antacid products when needed.

I had horrible AR before I started seeing my chiropractor. He discovered a misaligned bone in my spine was compressing the nerves that connect to the stomach. The result was overproduction of stomach acid. Since getting adjusted, that has stopped. No drugs or surgery involved!

BAKING SODA! 1/4 teaspoon in about a 1/2 ounce of water (adjust to your needs).

INSTANT Relief! You will burp & then feel joyous! (avoid caffeine (tea, chocolate,coffee) & acidic foods like anything w/ tomato to lower recurrance).

BAKING SODA WORKS INSTANTLY; then avoid those trigger foods. (also...lose weight if overweight).

Read More Answers...

July 21, 2009 Flag

My son gets acid reflux. What can he do to get rid of it? He is looking for a natural remedy instead of expensive medicine.

By jamish

Had Acid Reflux and took Nexium. It worked BUT it was medicine so I stopped taking it. Went to an Amish store and got some Yoder's Good Health Recipe...all natural and contains Cider Vinegar and herbs. Been taking an ounce a day for 10 days and my Acid Reflux is just about gone. The guy at the store said he's down to one ounce every four days and his stays gone. Can't wait til I'm there. Everyone's body is different. This works for me so far.

Hi, I'd like to share my experience. I am:

- 31 years young male

- healthy

- eat a diet of 2 meals a day, being each about 80% veggies, 10% chicken or shrimp and 10% grains or bread.

- for breakfast I have a fruit smoothie with soy milk

Around 2 years ago I think I had a gird attack, massive heartburn and chest pain and ever since I've had almost daily a burning sensation right bellow the chest on my right side. Doctor said it was acid reflux, tried raniditine and then nexium. it was working fine, but I feel that these modern prescription drugs only mask the problem and not cure the root causes of it.

So I dropped nexium and started to try to get better results from my diet alone. Controlling just the diet had some effect but moderate. Then 2 days ago, on my girlfriend recommendation not related to my acid problem, I bought acidophilus (the refrigerated one, 5+ billion active) and when I started taking it. I was shocked that it seemed to have made a BIG difference on the reflux. I had never heard of acidophilus as a possible treatment for acid reflux and I googled "acid reflux" +acidophilus to see if there was any correlation between the 2 or if i was just going crazy and that's when i started reading that other had similar effects.

So, I am so excited (even though it's been only 2 days) that I thought I'd come here and share this with you all. It makes perfect sense now that I think about it, since acidophilus acts to establish proper and natural environment in the stomach. I believe that over time my situation will improve even more and I recommend trying it. Just make sure you get good-quality and refrigerated ones.

My goal is to establish good stomach environment to aid in all-around health, for the long term and not have to take any meds.

This article confirmed my gut feeling that acidophilus. was what was making me feel better and has additional suggestions and other supplements that may assist in curing this condition once and for all. I will try all that is suggested.

http://hsibaltimore.com/2002/12/23/curing-acid-reflux/

Good luck to everyone and I hope that we all find our way towards better health. Forums like this are a great tool for us, the real-people, with problem to share and discuss possible natural remedies that work for us and I would love to hear the opinions of those who try the acidophilus regiment.

As for me, I started taking 3 pills as soon as I wake up and 3 after dinner. I will do some variations on the times and see how it works. I am so excited to see a light in the end of this tunnel and I believe meds don't address the problem properly but I also don't believe that it should remain untreated. Acidophiles has been my savior.

Digestive enzymes. They are a life changer! You will notice immediate results if you get off the nexium, etc. Take 2 with every meal. They are awesome and all natural.

Mega-zymes by enzymatic (whole foods, grocery stores, vitamin stores), wholezymes ultra (whole foods), both are the same formula.

Every one that is saying that acid relux is only caused by too little stomach acid is not true. It can either be caused by too little or too much. Some people have too little while others have too much stomach acid. I saw a very good naturopathic Doctor who tested both my wife and myself. My wife had too little and I too much.

The key here is consuming the right diet for your metabolic type.

Read More Answers...

February 21, 2006 Flag

I am looking for some acid reflux remedies and advice. Any advice would be helpful including diet suggestions, exersizes that might help, foods to avoid as well as drugs that have worked for you. I know it's a common problem so I figured I would start a thread about it. My doctor prescribed Nexium.

Stan from Idaho

i told my doctor there was no way that i could live without my fresh salsa and other very spicy foods. one of the reasons is my sinus's are so bad i can't taste anything without the spice. he said he did not care but luckly the hispanic nurse heard me and when he left she told me about alovera juice that you can buy at any walmart or pharmacy. it is better cold but if you are having an attach just turn it up. i don't take any meds now and i dont even have to use the aloe that often anymore.

I guess I have had reflux for a long time but did not know it until recently when I am overloaded with stress and after 2 SIGMOI tests in one month. Since them my stomach really acts up. I have gas coming up to my mouth quite a few times in a day. I even burp as soon as I wake up in the morning. My throat is dry, though I do not cough. And I still have a lump in my throat.

My Dr prescribed famoditine and instructed me to avoid caffeine, tea, alcohol, etc. Also no food & drink (water included) 3 hrs before bed. Raise headboard 6 inches. It's been 12 days since I started to take famotidine. My throat is still dry, occasionally the lump is still there, though the frequency of burping is somewhat lessened.

Does anybody have the same symptoms as mine? How did you go about to lessen it without taking Famotidine or any prescribed med? What alternative meds do you use? I'd love to hear your advice or suggestion. I don't want to get throat cancer :( Thanks.

Hi everyone, I just want to give some tips on how to feel better when the acid attacks:

1. Put 1/2 tsp of baking soda in a cup of water drink every 2 hours.

2. Acidophilus promotes optimal intestinal health you can get it at walgreens or walmart.

3. Omega 3,6,9 oil capsules

4. Radinitine 1/2 hr before eating

5. Drink a lot of water, and eat 3 times a day 4 hrs a part with moderate portions.

You will feel better, good luck.

Hi everybody. I have been suffering from sore throats, no coughing though. I also get stinging eyes and nostrils and also earache sometimes! I was wondering if this could be acid reflux? I don't often feel heartburn, but I do suffer from belching after meals. Thanks in advance.

Read More Answers...

June 3, 2013 Flag

I was starting to get irritation and acid reflux, so I quit drinking my coffee and red wine, and started to take acid blockers (which you should only take for a couple of weeks to let the irritation heal up.) In the meantime, I compensated for my coffee intake by drinking 1/2 a dose of 5 Hour Energy (or other energy drink) and drank light beer. In the beginning, I even drank the light beer OVER ICE to further dilute it. I also drank a LOT of water.

This way, I avoided irritation to let my throat heal up and stopped the acid reflux without having to deal with OTHER issues, such as caffeine deprivation or really missing my evening drink! Now my acid reflux is clearing up and I am off the acid blockers, but I will be careful and follow this plan until I feel totally healed.

December 9, 2008 Flag

Has anyone heard of using apple cider being used for acid reflux?

December 15, 2009 Flag

I am looking for recipes for people with acid reflux. They can't be high fat, acidic, have caffeine, or be spicy foods. I don't like taking medication for it, because that hid a problem that I needed emergency surgery for. I can tolerate dried onions, but not fresh or frozen.

Load More
Health & Beauty Home RemediesMay 29, 2013
Home Remedies for Heartburn
Home Remedies for Heartburn
A car battery.
Cleaning Up Battery Acid
Cleaning a Leather Couch
Vomit on a Leather Couch
ground coffee
Using Coffee Grounds in the Garden
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 21, 2016 at 6:06:08 PM on 10.0.0.66 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.