Remedies for Acid Reflux

Many people suffer the pain caused by acid reflux. This is a guide about remedies for acid reflux.

Filter Sort

Question: Acid Reflux Remedies

I am looking for some acid reflux remedies and advice. Any advice would be helpful including diet suggestions, exersizes that might help, foods to avoid as well as drugs that have worked for you. I know it's a common problem so I figured I would start a thread about it. My doctor prescribed Nexium.

Stan from Idaho

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By cmack 1 Flag

Hi everybody. I have been suffering from sore throats, no coughing though. I also get stinging eyes and nostrils and also earache sometimes! I was wondering if this could be acid reflux? I don't often feel heartburn, but I do suffer from belching after meals. Thanks in advance.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Natural Alternative For Treatment Of Acid Reflux

By Pati Mishler 49 59

My son gets acid reflux. What can he do to get rid of it? He is looking for a natural remedy instead of expensive medicine.

By jamish

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Ricco 1 Flag

Every one that is saying that acid relux is only caused by too little stomach acid is not true. It can either be caused by too little or too much. Some people have too little while others have too much stomach acid. I saw a very good naturopathic Doctor who tested both my wife and myself. My wife had too little and I too much.

The key here is consuming the right diet for your metabolic type.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Natural Remedy for Acid Reflux

I am looking fro a natural remedy for acid reflux. I have it so bad that I can't eat anything without being in pain and sick.

By Gina

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By c w 1 29 Flag

BAKING SODA! 1/4 teaspoon in about a 1/2 ounce of water (adjust to your needs).

INSTANT Relief! You will burp & then feel joyous! (avoid caffeine (tea, chocolate,coffee) & acidic foods like anything w/ tomato to lower recurrance).

BAKING SODA WORKS INSTANTLY; then avoid those trigger foods. (also...lose weight if overweight).

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Anise Extract for Acid Reflux

By Grandmama 3 47

This does not work for everyone, but it worked for my son-in-law and I. We both had acid reflux. I had read something in a book about licorice oil being an aid. I went to the store and tried to find licorice oil with no luck. (I found later you can order it through a drug store.) Since I couldn't find it, I got to thinking that licorice tastes and is substituted with anise. I went looking for anise oil but couldn't find any. I finally went to the grocery store in the seasonings aisle. I found anise extract.

It was fairly inexpensive so I bought a bottle. I took it home and followed the other instructions I remembered. "Taking it carefully, start with a small amount (up to two TEASPOONS, not tablespoons). I took up to two teaspoons the first time and had relief. I had to repeat a couple months later but haven't had any backup since.

My son-in-law tried it and one dose fixed his problem. My daughter tried it but got the instructions mixed up and took two tablespoons. She has not had much relief. Proving once again that too much of a good thing isn't good.

I shared this with my counselor, who tried it. She shared with her clients. They were cured too. I didn't hear of any failures from her.

Source: I think the book was a Pioneer Cookbook I had purchased somewhere in my lifetime.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Apple Cider for Acid Reflux

By Donnie 1 5

Has anyone heard of using apple cider being used for acid reflux?

Donnie from Portsmouth, VA

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By susan 8 1,368 Flag

First find out what is causing the acid reflux. Apple cider vinegar works great for some, but for others, like myself, it did not help. I have an extremely acidic stomach, and adding more made mine hurt so much. I broke out in an intense sweat, my stomach felt as if it were on fire, and it intensified my problem for a while even after I stopped taking it. Apparently, reflux can be caused by either too much or too little stomach acid, along with other reasons. Hope you find what works for you.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Healing from Acid Reflux

By Pamela Ruth M. 12 20

I was starting to get irritation and acid reflux, so I quit drinking my coffee and red wine, and started to take acid blockers (which you should only take for a couple of weeks to let the irritation heal up.) In the meantime, I compensated for my coffee intake by drinking 1/2 a dose of 5 Hour Energy (or other energy drink) and drank light beer. In the beginning, I even drank the light beer OVER ICE to further dilute it. I also drank a LOT of water.

This way, I avoided irritation to let my throat heal up and stopped the acid reflux without having to deal with OTHER issues, such as caffeine deprivation or really missing my evening drink! Now my acid reflux is clearing up and I am off the acid blockers, but I will be careful and follow this plan until I feel totally healed.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Recipes for Someone With Acid Reflux

By Sandra Moore 3 2

I am looking for recipes for people with acid reflux. They can't be high fat, acidic, have caffeine, or be spicy foods. I don't like taking medication for it, because that hid a problem that I needed emergency surgery for. I can tolerate dried onions, but not fresh or frozen. We eat a lot of beef, because that is all my husband likes. He is also diabetic. Thank you.

By Sandra

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By PENNY K 14 564 Flag

Believe it or not, apples and apple cider vinegar have helped me, especially after meat. Just 2 slices apple and

1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar, for couple of meals started straightening everything out.

Also, eating standing and walking short distance after dinner, and no tight clothes. Recent research says sitting after eating, and sitting a lot, causes all kinds of metabolic problems.

Small servings of whatever you eat, chewed very well helps [gets digestion juices working]. I'd eat simply for a while. Steamed veggies, baked or steamed potatoes, etc. Sugar and white flour always gives me heartburn after few days of being careless.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Raise Head of Bed for Acid Reflux (GERD)

By Myrna 17 1,083

To relieve acid reflux at night, use adjustable bed risers at head of bed only and elevate accordingly. This beats having to pay for expensive wedge pillows that do not always help many GERD sufferers who find them uncomfortable or buying that special adjustable metal bed frame and you don't have to replace the present mattress or box springs. I paid $15.00 on amazon.com for the sturdy three adjustment bed risers and when you buy $35.00 worth of items, you get free shipping. Most importantly, the bed risers really help to put the whole head of bed at same height and your spouse is benefiting from it too.

Link: www.amazon.com

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Acid Reflux
        Health & Beauty Home RemediesMay 29, 2013
        ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
        Home Remedies for Heartburn
        Home Remedies for Heartburn
        A car battery.
        Cleaning Up Battery Acid
        Dog and Vacuum
        Home Remedies for Fleas
        Stinky Feet on Hardwood Floor
        Remedies for Stinky Feet
        © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 12, 2016 at 10:57:07 PM on 10.0.1.191 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

All ArticlesSolutionsQuestions
        NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulMost AnswersFewest AnswersBest AnswersRelevance
        Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
        BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
        CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings