Share Crafts

Remedies for Acid Reflux

Acid Reflux

Many people suffer the pain caused by acid reflux. This is a guide about remedies for acid reflux.

Solutions: Remedies for Acid Reflux

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: Anise Extract for Acid Reflux

This does not work for everyone, but it worked for my son-in-law and I. We both had acid reflux. I had read something in a book about licorice oil being an aid. I went to the store and tried to find licorice oil with no luck. (I found later you can order it through a drug store.) Since I couldn't find it, I got to thinking that licorice tastes and is substituted with anise. I went looking for anise oil but couldn't find any. I finally went to the grocery store in the seasonings aisle. I found anise extract.

It was fairly inexpensive so I bought a bottle. I took it home and followed the other instructions I remembered. "Taking it carefully, start with a small amount (up to two TEASPOONS, not tablespoons). I took up to two teaspoons the first time and had relief. I had to repeat a couple months later but haven't had any backup since.

My son-in-law tried it and one dose fixed his problem. My daughter tried it but got the instructions mixed up and took two tablespoons. She has not had much relief. Proving once again that too much of a good thing isn't good.

I shared this with my counselor, who tried it. She shared with her clients. They were cured too. I didn't hear of any failures from her.

Source: I think the book was a Pioneer Cookbook I had purchased somewhere in my lifetime.

By Grandmama [3]

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Tip: Raise Head of Bed for Acid Reflux (GERD)

To relieve acid reflux at night, use adjustable bed risers at head of bed only and elevate accordingly. This beats having to pay for expensive wedge pillows that do not always help many GERD sufferers who find them uncomfortable or buying that special adjustable metal bed frame and you don't have to replace the present mattress or box springs. I paid $15.00 on for the sturdy three adjustment bed risers and when you buy $35.00 worth of items, you get free shipping. Most importantly, the bed risers really help to put the whole head of bed at same height and your spouse is benefiting from it too.

By Myrna [16]

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Tip: Healing from Acid Reflux

I was starting to get irritation and acid reflux, so I quit drinking my coffee and red wine, and started to take acid blockers (which you should only take for a couple of weeks to let the irritation heal up.) In the meantime, I compensated for my coffee intake by drinking 1/2 a dose of 5 Hour Energy (or other energy drink) and drank light beer. In the beginning, I even drank the light beer OVER ICE to further dilute it. I also drank a LOT of water.

This way, I avoided irritation to let my throat heal up and stopped the acid reflux without having to deal with OTHER issues, such as caffeine deprivation or really missing my evening drink! Now my acid reflux is clearing up and I am off the acid blockers, but I will be careful and follow this plan until I feel totally healed.

By Pamela Ruth M. [12]

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!

Here are questions related to Remedies for Acid Reflux.

Question: Natural Alternative For Treatment Of Acid Reflux

My son gets acid reflux. What can he do to get rid of it? He is looking for a natural remedy instead of expensive medicine.

By jamish

AnswerWas this interesting? Yes No

Most Recent Answer

By Ricco 1 10/17/2012

Every one that is saying that acid relux is only caused by too little stomach acid is not true. It can either be caused by too little or too much. Some people have too little while others have too much stomach acid. I saw a very good naturopathic Doctor who tested both my wife and myself. My wife had too little and I too much.

The key here is consuming the right diet for your metabolic type.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Question: Natural Remedy for Acid Reflux

I am looking fro a natural remedy for acid reflux. I have it so bad that I can't eat anything without being in pain and sick.

By Gina

AnswerWas this interesting? Yes No

Most Recent Answer

By c w 1 29 07/07/2013

BAKING SODA! 1/4 teaspoon in about a 1/2 ounce of water (adjust to your needs).

INSTANT Relief! You will burp & then feel joyous! (avoid caffeine (tea, chocolate,coffee) & acidic foods like anything w/ tomato to lower recurrance).

BAKING SODA WORKS INSTANTLY; then avoid those trigger foods. (also...lose weight if overweight).

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Question: Acid Reflux Remedies

I am looking for some acid reflux remedies and advice. Any advice would be helpful including diet suggestions, exersizes that might help, foods to avoid as well as drugs that have worked for you. I know it's a common problem so I figured I would start a thread about it. My doctor prescribed Nexium.

Stan from Idaho

AnswerWas this interesting? Yes No

Most Recent Answer

By cmack 1 03/05/2009

Hi everybody. I have been suffering from sore throats, no coughing though. I also get stinging eyes and nostrils and also earache sometimes! I was wondering if this could be acid reflux? I don't often feel heartburn, but I do suffer from belching after meals. Thanks in advance.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Question: Apple Cider for Acid Reflux

Has anyone heard of using apple cider being used for acid reflux?

Donnie from Portsmouth, VA

AnswerWas this interesting? Yes No

Most Recent Answer

By susan 8 1,368 02/08/2009

First find out what is causing the acid reflux. Apple cider vinegar works great for some, but for others, like myself, it did not help. I have an extremely acidic stomach, and adding more made mine hurt so much. I broke out in an intense sweat, my stomach felt as if it were on fire, and it intensified my problem for a while even after I stopped taking it. Apparently, reflux can be caused by either too much or too little stomach acid, along with other reasons. Hope you find what works for you.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Question: Recipes for Someone With Acid Reflux

I am looking for recipes for people with acid reflux. They can't be high fat, acidic, have caffeine, or be spicy foods. I don't like taking medication for it, because that hid a problem that I needed emergency surgery for. I can tolerate dried onions, but not fresh or frozen. We eat a lot of beef, because that is all my husband likes. He is also diabetic. Thank you.

By Sandra

AnswerWas this interesting? Yes No

Most Recent Answer

By PENNY K 14 562 12/17/2009

Believe it or not, apples and apple cider vinegar have helped me, especially after meat. Just 2 slices apple and
        1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar, for couple of meals started straightening everything out.

Also, eating standing and walking short distance after dinner, and no tight clothes. Recent research says sitting after eating, and sitting a lot, causes all kinds of metabolic problems.

Small servings of whatever you eat, chewed very well helps [gets digestion juices working]. I'd eat simply for a while. Steamed veggies, baked or steamed potatoes, etc. Sugar and white flour always gives me heartburn after few days of being careless.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No