Healing from Acid Reflux

I was starting to get irritation and acid reflux, so I quit drinking my coffee and red wine, and started to take acid blockers (which you should only take for a couple of weeks to let the irritation heal up.) In the meantime, I compensated for my coffee intake by drinking 1/2 a dose of 5 Hour Energy (or other energy drink) and drank light beer. In the beginning, I even drank the light beer OVER ICE to further dilute it. I also drank a LOT of water.

This way, I avoided irritation to let my throat heal up and stopped the acid reflux without having to deal with OTHER issues, such as caffeine deprivation or really missing my evening drink! Now my acid reflux is clearing up and I am off the acid blockers, but I will be careful and follow this plan until I feel totally healed.

Glad you found a solution, but a little baking soda (1/4-1/2 teaspoon) mixed w/ a splash of water works instantly to kill heartburn & acid reflux. Another dose may be needed after an hour if it recurs. My acid reflux only occurs when I'm overweight or overindulge in caffeine or tomato-based foods. (put a pinch of baking soda in your spaghetti sauce at the end of cooking to enjoy spaghetti reflux-&-heartburn free!===JUST a 'pinch!')!