Browsing: Remedies for Armpit Odor

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Remedies for Armpit Odor

Armpit odor is not only embarrassing, but may be difficult to get under control. This is a guide about remedies for armpit odor.

Armpit Odor

Related Product:

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

April 18, 2016 Flag

Well everyday I go to school by walking, but I sweat even before getting to school. Sometimes I feel like going back home and showering but it's too late.
Many people talk about me and they say I never shower. I don't understand even when I'm showering routinely it happens. Why do my armpits smell so bad when I'm playing, but others don't smell. What can I do? And why me only?

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Try this. Go to cvs or walgreens and buy hibiclens. Use it daily or even three times per week. I know it makes you super clean and it is what health professionals such as surgeons use before surgery.

Best Answer

It sound hormonal. You can balance your ph out with drinking raw apple cider vinegar with water and raw honey. Take some probiotics and wash with baking soda instead of soap. It cleanses better and balances your skin ph out. It may take about 2 weeks to change but it works. You can also put clove oil, just a drop, on your deoderant then put on. It kills bacteria. But only use a tiny drop its very hot. You can get pure clove oil from most stores for $6

You can buy some deodorant your under arms can smell goodunderarm few hours depending on how good the deodorant is idk if thaw was helpful I hope it was

February 26, 2014 Flag

My underarms always smell a little bit bad after showering, no matter what I've used. I've used so many different showering gels, cloths, and sponges. None work. The smell isn't terrible, but it's never fully clean. I'm also on quite a tight budget. :/ Please help.

By Terri M.

Best Answer

I had the same problem so solved the problem. I exfoliated underarms with a paste made of baking soda and cornmeal, no more odor. We have dead skin under armpits. It works, try it

Best Answer

I found out from the People's Pharmacy website that baby diaper cream works best. I have been using it about twice a week after my shower instead of ANY deodorant for about six months and it really works. I use Boudreaux's Butt Paste brand that has a slight balsam smell, but you can shop around.

Use potassium alum nicely after shower under your arms every morning.

And u will see the magic whole day till d next day.

June 25, 2013 Flag

Hand sanitizer worked like a charm for me when I developed a sudden, strong underarm odor that no amount of bathing, traditional remedy, nor deodorant would control. Four physicians dismissed the problem as normal, even though I'm a middle aged woman who has never had a body odor and have never had to use deodorant.

After many months of this embarrassing problem, I got the idea to try hand sanitizer. Not only did the sanitizer stop the odor immediately, after a week's use the odor has not returned. I'm assuming the cause was bacterial and that the sanitizer killed whatever bacteria was lurking there. At any rate, it's a cheap, safe solution to try.

April 21, 2015 Flag

I have tried everything from lime to baking soda to milk of magnesia. I try to remove all the bacteria as much as possible with methylated spirit. I use a men's deodorant now and nothing seems to be working. I am a teenager. It is very embarrassing because I am a leader in many groups and a lot of people talk bad about me. Please help.

By Camun D

Best Answer

You should take 1 chllorophyll tablet twice a day , Also wipe underarms with lemon juice[can use the stuff that comes in the bottle] - rinse and dry.then put deodorant on , You will still sweat but you won't have a bad odor , make sure you are not allergic to grass [chlorophyll] or green plants before you take the chlorophll , was with a good deodorant soap or a peppermint soap . . should help

Take white vinegar and in the shower put it into your pits straight not mixed with water. Get out of the shower and pay the area dry then get crystal stick deodorant (looks like a rock and can be found in cvs and use after you get out of the shower) if you sweat a lot follow up with cornstarch - I just dip a make up brush in it and powder my pits that way. Works very well at controlling order and wetness

Do not use any antibacterial or alcohol related that will kill the good bacterial at your armpit....it make it worse...

Try different type/brand of normal soap....every manufacturer have different pH of soap and you just need the correct one....not saying that it's has to be the soap problem....but using a right pH soap can minimise the problem....change your diet too.....change one by one to see which foods/ingredient is causing the problem

February 8, 2016 Flag

I am a 15 year old and I have really bad body odor. I sweat a lot which does not help at all. It's usually when I sweat that the odor starts and people are reporting me to the health aid and making fun of me before class starts. It's really upsetting me so much that I never want to be in class because I am so embarrassed. It mainly only happens at school, when I get home the sweating stops and so does the body odor so I am really confused. I don't know what to do. I don't know how much more I can take the teasing. It hurts so much and I am always embarrassed to be around other people at school because I don't want to be made fun of. Someone please help me I don't know what to do.

Your having social sweating. (Or known as stress-sweat). There is a product that they make to actually temporarily seal the sweat pores. Called 'Stop-sweat'. Find it mainly at some Wal-marts (not all of them). You'd apply it to clean underarms, and at night. It takes a few hours to work-may actually make you a little itchy and kinda sweaty for a bit-so give it plenty time to work. This type works very well for stress sweat. After hours of having the Stop-sweat on, you can apply a good smelling Deoderant, just a small amount-to smell extra good. Another tip-Don't use any Deoderant on unclean underarms-I've learned that doing so will ruin the Deoderant or antiperspirant by leaving bacteria on bottle. Good luck.

Try using Irish Spring soap and certain dri deodorant at night. In the morning you can use a regular deodorant to get you through the day hope that helps

I learned in my anatomy class in college that stress sweat is smellier than "regular" sweat. It seems to me that you might be super stressed throughly school and it's causing you to have major BO. Unfortunaltely I don't know any remedies I can suggest you try... I'm actually looking for something too lol

June 16, 2013 Flag

I am in college now, but still I can't cure my underarm problem. It's not the sweat, it's the smell. I've tried everything, but none of it worked. Some students was making fun of me and that's not really good. It's bringing down my confidence and I don't know what to do. I'm so hopeless for now, I feel so down. I don't wanna be the same girl anymore. I wanna express myself, but I can't because this thing keeps holding me back. I'm so tired of being teased. What should I do?

By Mikaela

Best Answer

Hey so I struggled with the same issue all my life and am now in college. I actually have hyper hydrosis (not sure if I spelled that right) which is an over sweating of the palms but I swear I have the sweatiest pits and feet out there. I use apple cider vinegar on my arm pits after my morning shower, once a week. It kills the bacteria. When it comes to the confidence thing you just have to get a bit sassy! Your nerves about the smell will only make you sweat more. If someone is commenting about the smell I give you permission to say you have a disease called hyper hydrosis, and trust me once you say it's a disease or a disorder then they are the ones that look bad for making fun of you. Embrace the sweat and be confident, if someone has a problem with it then it's their problem not yours.

Listerine or a different kill bacteria mouthwash help me. Also helps if i put blow dryer on cool and make sure i am completely dry before I apply deodorant.

Milk of Magnesia is great, apple cider vinegar and baking soda. Always use a deodorant soap first. Then put on deodorant that does not have a fragrance to it after one of the above. I always alternate.

Personally milk of mag works the best.

Load More
Health & Beauty Home RemediesJanuary 30, 2013
Cigarette Left Burning in Ashtray
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odor from Leather
Sweaty Body Odor
Remedies for Body Odor
Man in Green Shirt Smelling His Underarm
Preventing Underarm Odor
Mothballs
Removing Mothball Odor from Washing Machine
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 26, 2016 at 5:29:00 AM on 10.0.0.57 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.