Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Remedies for Armpit Odor

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Armpit Odor

Armpit odor is not only embarrassing, but may be difficult to get under control. This is a guide about remedies for armpit odor.

Solutions: Remedies for Armpit Odor

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: Hand Sanitizer for Underarm Odor

Hand sanitizer worked like a charm for me when I developed a sudden, strong underarm odor that no amount of bathing, traditional remedy, nor deodorant would control. Four physicians dismissed the problem as normal, even though I'm a middle aged woman who has never had a body odor and have never had to use deodorant.

After many months of this embarrassing problem, I got the idea to try hand sanitizer. Not only did the sanitizer stop the odor immediately, after a week's use the odor has not returned. I'm assuming the cause was bacterial and that the sanitizer killed whatever bacteria was lurking there. At any rate, it's a cheap, safe solution to try.

By

Tip: Antibacterial Soap for Underarm Odor

After reading all the tips and trying them out, none worked for me. However after I thought about the cause of the odor, which is bacteria, I realized I was going about it the wrong way.

I went out and bought a bottle of anti-bacterial soap. When pumped, and you only need to pump it once, it creates a foam. Take a bit in both palms and rub it in the armpit.

At the beginning, wash twice, rinse and dry and then take a little in each palm and apply to underarm. Let it dry a bit and then get dressed.
It took about 4 washes to get rid of the odor. I did this for a week and I was so happy. Now I wash my armpits twice a day (morning and bedtime) with the same antibacterial soap and only apply my regular anti-perspirant.

By

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!

Here are questions related to Remedies for Armpit Odor.

Question: Armpits Never Free of Odor After Showering

My underarms always smell a little bit bad after showering, no matter what I've used. I've used so many different showering gels, cloths, and sponges. None work. The smell isn't terrible, but it's never fully clean. I'm also on quite a tight budget. :/ Please help.

By Terri M.

Best Answers

By latw200503/07/2014

I found out from the People's Pharmacy website that baby diaper cream works best. I have been using it about twice a week after my shower instead of ANY deodorant for about six months and it really works. I use Boudreaux's Butt Paste brand that has a slight balsam smell, but you can shop around.

Best Answers

By onniejoe131302/27/2014

I had the same problem so solved the problem. I exfoliated underarms with a paste made of baking soda and cornmeal, no more odor. We have dead skin under armpits. It works, try it

Best Answers

By RobbDee02/26/2014

Armpit odor is caused by bacteria. Shower body wash, gels etc. may not work for everyone. Try this on a weekend. After your shower apply antibacteria ointment on your pits. May take two treatments. The Walmart house brand is good. The odor will vanish.

Question: Alternative to Roll On Deodorant

I want to stop using a deodorant (roll-on) without my armpits having an odor, is it possible?

By Thabi

Most Recent Answer

By Susan W.12/20/2013

Make a paste of coconut oil and baking soda. There are recipes online. I think if baking soda bothers you, you may find alternatives.

Question: Remedy for Armpit Odor

I am in college now, but still I can't cure my underarm problem. It's not the sweat, it's the smell. I've tried everything, but none of it worked. Some students was making fun of me and that's not really good. It's bringing down my confidence and I don't know what to do. I'm so hopeless for now, I feel so down. I don't wanna be the same girl anymore. I wanna express myself, but I can't because this thing keeps holding me back. I'm so tired of being teased. What should I do?

By Mikaela

Most Recent Answer

By ateam82012/15/2013

Maybe too much info but here it goes. In my personal experience deodorant just made things worst! I smelled like funk and flowers! :( I have given up the deodorant for good and only use baby powder to keep me dry a little longer. What I do now is I carry spare t-shirts in my purse at all times. I usually wash my underarms 2-3 times a day and change my shirt about 2-3 day & shower every night. I personally would love to go see a MD but I have no insurance or money so this is my remedy, I hope it helped in some way. Just know you aren't the only one struggling with this! I hope you find a solution! Best of luck!

Question: Reducing Armpit Odor

I was using Rexona soap for 3 months. After that I developed an odor coming from my armpits. I even remove the hair from my armpits, but it does not help. It is very noticeable even in winter. I tried Lifebuoy and Dove soap, but there is no change. Can anyone please give me solution?

By Mani from Ap

Most Recent Answer

By Her's Isla L.12/13/2013

Try using milk of magnesia, it works for me after the long search! Hope it will work for you too!

Question: Sour Smelling Armpits After Using Antibiotics

I use deodorants everyday. I started taking antibiotics a week and a half ago and for the past 3 days I been having this sour odor from my armpits. I take a shower twice a day.

By Miranda

Most Recent Answer

05/05/2012

By this time your antibiotic regimen is probably done and the odor will go away on it's own within about a week. Drink water throughout the day (don't overdo) and that will help flush/cleanse your system of the residual effects even more quickly.

Question: Remedies for Excessive Sweating and Underarm Odor

I'm a 35 year old female with excessive sweat and odor under my arms. I have tried most deodorants including the clinical strength. I just don't know what to do, nothing seems to help. Hope you can help me.

By can ya help? from Anaheim, CA

Most Recent Answer

By RobbDee02/26/2014

Nearly everyone sweats, it's the body natural air conditioner. What seems excessive to you may be in the normal range. Antii-perspirants attempt to stop sweat, often resulting in odor because the pores can function. Better to use a deodorant and let your pits 'breathe.'

Question: Causes of Body Odor

I have a strange odor emanating from my body. It's not a "BO" odor, and there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for when it starts. At first I thought it was some medication I was taking and which I stopped taking, but the odor continues. It isn't food related either. I went to the doctor and I have her stumped. What could be causing this?

By as327 from NY

Most Recent Answer

By Lelia Jo Cordell [49]08/29/2009

Yes, I hate to say it, but you need a second opinion. Many illnesses cause different body odors. One church friend who had terrible BO had cancer... another had diabetes. If you're uncomfortable with your own odor, the first friend I mentioned started taking charcoal capsules, and that helped eliminate her BO. God bless. Jo

Question: What to do About Armpit Odor

Since my first child I've had the problem of arm pit odor. I'm thinking it has something to do with my hormone levels changing, but haven't had it checked yet. What have you tried, I've tried practically all the brands of deodorants including some men's brands, crystals, alcohol, and apple cider vinegar to no avail. irislynn777

Most Recent Answer

By SandyOL105/07/2013

If you have odor problems, you should really try Lavilin. It is an unbelievable product that can eliminate odors for 1 week! In extreme cases, several applications per week should be more than sufficient. I have been a happy customer for 10 years!

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.