Browsing: Remedies for Armpit Odor

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Remedies for Armpit Odor

Armpit odor is not only embarrassing, but may be difficult to get under control. This is a guide about remedies for armpit odor.

Armpit Odor
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

February 26, 2014 Flag

My underarms always smell a little bit bad after showering, no matter what I've used. I've used so many different showering gels, cloths, and sponges. None work. The smell isn't terrible, but it's never fully clean. I'm also on quite a tight budget. :/ Please help.

By Terri M.

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

I had the same problem so solved the problem. I exfoliated underarms with a paste made of baking soda and cornmeal, no more odor. We have dead skin under armpits. It works, try it

Best Answer

I found out from the People's Pharmacy website that baby diaper cream works best. I have been using it about twice a week after my shower instead of ANY deodorant for about six months and it really works. I use Boudreaux's Butt Paste brand that has a slight balsam smell, but you can shop around.

Read More Answers...

April 18, 2016 Flag

Well everyday I go to school by walking, but I sweat even before getting to school. Sometimes I feel like going back home and showering but it's too late.
Many people talk about me and they say I never shower. I don't understand even when I'm showering routinely it happens. Why do my armpits smell so bad when I'm playing, but others don't smell. What can I do? And why me only?

Hello little one, you are blessed to learn how to stop this problem before you get old like me, but try the first two answers-purchase the Boudreaux butt paste or try baking soda and corn meal. A lot of people on this site have never had the problem and do not understand the regular deodorants or soaps do not work.

I used to have the same problem with my armpits, I would shower 3 times maybe even more a day and it's like 10 minutes later I'm musty. Ive tried all of the deodorants, clinical, fragrance free, dove, degree, men's deodorant all of the above but nothing worked , it was really embarrassing because I was living with my boyfriend and I know he noticed it but just never said anything about it, but just recently I found a cure and it's Been working great for the past couple of months. It involves pills and homemade deodorant. Go to CVS and get the Probiotic Acidophilus pills (good bacteria for your digestive system) the "100 million live cultures" not the billions. Take 4 a day. Two when you Wake up and two when u go to sleep. And make your own homemade deodorant : Cornstarch , baking soda, and coconut oil. This remedy has worked amazingly for me and I hope I can help someone else out. (Started noticing I wasn't stinking anymore in like 3 days, also this is what works for me I'm not saying that it will work for everyone it's just what worked for me)

Read More Answers...

April 21, 2015 Flag

I have tried everything from lime to baking soda to milk of magnesia. I try to remove all the bacteria as much as possible with methylated spirit. I use a men's deodorant now and nothing seems to be working. I am a teenager. It is very embarrassing because I am a leader in many groups and a lot of people talk bad about me. Please help.

By Camun D

Best Answer

You should take 1 chllorophyll tablet twice a day , Also wipe underarms with lemon juice[can use the stuff that comes in the bottle] - rinse and dry.then put deodorant on , You will still sweat but you won't have a bad odor , make sure you are not allergic to grass [chlorophyll] or green plants before you take the chlorophll , was with a good deodorant soap or a peppermint soap . . should help

You have them bathe with it or you wash their clothes with it?

Read More Answers...

February 8, 2016 Flag

I am a 15 year old and I have really bad body odor. I sweat a lot which does not help at all. It's usually when I sweat that the odor starts and people are reporting me to the health aid and making fun of me before class starts. It's really upsetting me so much that I never want to be in class because I am so embarrassed. It mainly only happens at school, when I get home the sweating stops and so does the body odor so I am really confused. I don't know what to do. I don't know how much more I can take the teasing. It hurts so much and I am always embarrassed to be around other people at school because I don't want to be made fun of. Someone please help me I don't know what to do.

Try using Irish Spring soap and certain dri deodorant at night. In the morning you can use a regular deodorant to get you through the day hope that helps

I learned in my anatomy class in college that stress sweat is smellier than "regular" sweat. It seems to me that you might be super stressed throughly school and it's causing you to have major BO. Unfortunaltely I don't know any remedies I can suggest you try... I'm actually looking for something too lol

Read More Answers...

June 16, 2013 Flag

I am in college now, but still I can't cure my underarm problem. It's not the sweat, it's the smell. I've tried everything, but none of it worked. Some students was making fun of me and that's not really good. It's bringing down my confidence and I don't know what to do. I'm so hopeless for now, I feel so down. I don't wanna be the same girl anymore. I wanna express myself, but I can't because this thing keeps holding me back. I'm so tired of being teased. What should I do?

By Mikaela

Best Answer

Hey so I struggled with the same issue all my life and am now in college. I actually have hyper hydrosis (not sure if I spelled that right) which is an over sweating of the palms but I swear I have the sweatiest pits and feet out there. I use apple cider vinegar on my arm pits after my morning shower, once a week. It kills the bacteria. When it comes to the confidence thing you just have to get a bit sassy! Your nerves about the smell will only make you sweat more. If someone is commenting about the smell I give you permission to say you have a disease called hyper hydrosis, and trust me once you say it's a disease or a disorder then they are the ones that look bad for making fun of you. Embrace the sweat and be confident, if someone has a problem with it then it's their problem not yours.

Listerine or a different kill bacteria mouthwash help me. Also helps if i put blow dryer on cool and make sure i am completely dry before I apply deodorant.

Read More Answers...

June 25, 2013 Flag

Hand sanitizer worked like a charm for me when I developed a sudden, strong underarm odor that no amount of bathing, traditional remedy, nor deodorant would control. Four physicians dismissed the problem as normal, even though I'm a middle aged woman who has never had a body odor and have never had to use deodorant.

After many months of this embarrassing problem, I got the idea to try hand sanitizer. Not only did the sanitizer stop the odor immediately, after a week's use the odor has not returned. I'm assuming the cause was bacterial and that the sanitizer killed whatever bacteria was lurking there. At any rate, it's a cheap, safe solution to try.

Comment On This PostMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

January 9, 2009 Flag

Since my first child I've had the problem of arm pit odor. I'm thinking it has something to do with my hormone levels changing, but haven't had it checked yet. What have you tried, I've tried practically all the brands of deodorants including some men's brands, crystals, alcohol, and apple cider vinegar to no avail. irislynn777

If you have odor problems, you should really try Lavilin. It is an unbelievable product that can eliminate odors for 1 week! In extreme cases, several applications per week should be more than sufficient. I have been a happy customer for 10 years!

More than 30 years ago, I contracted a staph infection in my left arm pit. After that, I couldn't tolerate any deodorant/antiperspirants with aluminum without getting a terrible arm pit rash. I was left with stinky pits all the time and tried every cure out there. Eventually, I read on line about using milk of magnesia. This has been the best treatment I've ever found for smelly arm pits!

I buy the generic brand, shake the bottle and apply daily anywhere on my body that I think might smell and offend other people, especially in the summer months. I've read it kills the bacteria that cause odor, so I smell good all the time now. The best thing is the low, low cost of this treatment. I never have the rash any more which was extremely uncomfortable and embarrassing. I take a small container on trips.

Read More Answers...

October 20, 2014 Flag

It's a bit long winded so please bare with me on this. I shower every morning before work around 6am. I always use deodorant and aftershave. For a good few hours or so I smell great and feel fresh.

The office where I work doesn't have air conditioning and I find that by mid morning (say 10am) I start to develop an underarm odor. It's not terrible, you can just about make out the smell of my shower gel, but it just smells a bit off.

I also wear white t-shirts underneath my work shirts really just to prevent any embarrassing sweat stains appearing on my shirts. I've wondered whether this off smell might be coming from the t-shirts which in turn affects the smell from under my arms.

It's started to make me paranoid at work as I have overheard people talking about me in the office. It makes me feel useless because I'm aware of the slightly off smell.

Is there anything I can do to stop this slightly off odor I develop whilst at work? Any help would be really appreciated.

By JakeP

I had underarm odor for many years. I was finally diagnosed with hyperhydrosis (excessive sweating) disorder. I take prescription meds (robinul) for this and my odor is not gone completely but it has improved dramatically. Good luck to you all.

Your shirt could be contributing. Try washing them with some baking soda, or vinegar to kill the order/ bacteria in your clothes.

Read More Answers...

November 26, 2014 Flag

I am 25 years old male and have seriously excessive foul smelling sweating, just from my underarms. I have tried several antiperspirants, however none seem to help. The sweating is not throughout the day, but usually random 10-15 minutes sweat bursts from specifically the underarms. No deodorant or perfume has been able to mask the smell.

I have tried everything from changing several shirts during the daytime, to daily showering using anti bacterial soaps. Nothing seems to work and this can be really terrible if occurs during a meeting or at my workspace. Wondering if someone is facing similar problems. Thanks

By Dimitry

Botox is often used for this. I don't know how expensive it is.

I actually did the Botox treatment which help tremendously with the sweating, I also didn't have the problem with the sweat it was the actual odor. I could just shower or bath and have a musky smell and haven't even dry off yet. I used any deodorant you name it men and women, I did Drionic machines, home remedies, I was also my own test dummy. I would sit and think of house hold products to use and try them that were not for human use and I would try them. I would use cleaning wipes, foot powders for athlete feet, bleach, which was totally a wrong move. I would get very depressed, it stumped me with being me. I would have to suppress my energy because I didn't want to sweat or move to much to have the odor rise. I still have the issues. I'm still on the quest to defeat this thing and I will keep you posted. But other try Drysol solution or Botox. It's really not that expensive with insurance.

Read More Answers...

January 30, 2013 Flag

I was using Rexona soap for 3 months. After that I developed an odor coming from my armpits. I even remove the hair from my armpits, but it does not help. It is very noticeable even in winter. I tried Lifebuoy and Dove soap, but there is no change. Can anyone please give me solution?

By Mani from Ap

Dr. A. Weil recomends that you use rubbing alcohol as a deodorant. It will kill the organism that causes the odor. I put the alcohol in a spray bottle, and use it that way.

Try using milk of magnesia, it works for me after the long search! Hope it will work for you too!

Read More Answers...

February 24, 2015 Flag

I've never had smelly armpits. I do sweat, but it was always the salty-like smell; never a bad smell. About a month ago, I noticed the change in odor.

Answer This QuestionMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes
        Load More
        Health & Beauty Home RemediesJanuary 30, 2013
        Cigarette Left Burning in Ashtray
        Removing Cigarette Smoke Odor from Leather
        Sweaty Body Odor
        Remedies for Body Odor
        Man in Green Shirt Smelling His Underarm
        Preventing Underarm Odor
        Mothballs
        Removing Mothball Odor from Washing Machine
        © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 22, 2016 at 3:04:08 PM on 10.0.1.210 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.