Removing Super Glue from Skin

Super Glue
Removing Super Glue from your skin without irritation can be done. This is a guide about removing Super Glue from skin.

Apply lotion to your skin before using super glue. It will peel off easily if you get any on you.

By Roxy from St. Louis, MO

Read 6 Comments

My tip is the 'antidote' to Superglue, for when you stick yourself to something, your fingers together or even worse to the tube of superglue. Cooking oil and lots of patience will remove or unstick Superglue. I guarantee this, it is also what they use in hospitals if you turn up there with your eyes glued shut as someone in Australia did recently, mistaking the Super glue for eye drops in the fridge. I glued the tube to my fingers last night and removed it and separated my fingers with cooking oil. Took a bit of time and patience, but it worked and no skin off.

By Trish

Read 16 Comments

Use nail polish remover to unhinge super glue from your fingers.

By Monica from Cortez, CO

Read 2 Comments

Instead of washing your hands with chemicals to remove super glue from your fingers, dip your fingers into some water, then into a good amount of salt, make a salt paste and rub it around. Rinse with warm water. If you're left with a bit more super glue on your fingers, repeat the process until it's gone. You'll also be left with beautifully smooth, naturally exfoliated hands.

Read 2 Comments

This is a tip that I came across today quite by accident and I thought to share. I'm sure that it will come in handy.

Yesterday, I was working with Super Glue and (as usual for me) I wasn't wearing gloves so I got some on my fingers. Internet suggested nail polish remover or a paste of salt and lemon juice but nada, it didn't work. I thought I'd just have to wait a few days for it to come off on its own.

Today, I was painting with a latex paint, another job without wearing gloves. At lunchtime, I washed the paint from my hands and, son of a gun, the Super Glue came off too. Obviously there's something in latex paint that dissolves the glue. Yay!

How can I remove dried super glue from my hands?

Mrs. Umar

All I did to remove a thick coat of superglue from my fingers & back of my hand was use a nail file.

I filed away at the superglue spots for about 3 minutes and WALLAH! All of it was gone, and left my hands soft.

I was concerned that using a nail file would rub my skin raw, but it doesn't at all...just softens it. :)

Thank you to all posts! I had an incident today with super glue all over my hands. Nail polish remover was not working so I tried the Vaseline and nail file trick. Instead of a nail file though, I used a large buffing square - worked really well. Took some time but it worked. Thank you!

How can I get Instant Krazy Glue Gel off my hand? It dried on the palm of my hand and is rough. I tried dish soap and water, and then WD-40. But the crustiness on my skin still remains.

David from Van Nuys, CA

Put some nail polish remover on a cotton ball and rub your hand, but not too hard or for too long. You may have to repeat this procedure a few times but it should work!

I was trying to glue the leg back on a porcelin horse of mine, and to my dismay I glued my thumb, first finger to it as well. I tried the nail polish remover, all that did was make my skin white in parts (like taking off a band-aide does), so tried the olive oil. That worked very well, and not only that it didn't wreck my skin.

Apply lotion to your hands before using super glue. If any gets on your hands, it will come off easy.

By Kim from St. Louis, MO

Answers:

Put Lotion on Hands Before Using Super Glue

Oh what a wonderful thing to share with us here! My husband is always using super glue for something or other, and always gets it on his fingers. I am so glad to know this tip!
(02/20/2010)

By Barb in Tennessee