Removing Super Glue from Skin

Removing Super Glue from your skin without irritation can be done. This is a guide about removing Super Glue from skin.

Super Glue
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

October 6, 2010 Flag

Apply lotion to your skin before using super glue. It will peel off easily if you get any on you.

By Roxy from St. Louis, MO

Comment On This PostMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

September 17, 2010 Flag

Use nail polish remover to unhinge super glue from your fingers.

By Monica from Cortez, CO

February 1, 2005 Flag

My tip is the 'antidote' to Superglue, for when you stick yourself to something, your fingers together or even worse to the tube of superglue. Cooking oil and lots of patience will remove or unstick Superglue.

March 4, 2016 Flag

This is a tip that I came across today quite by accident and I thought to share. I'm sure that it will come in handy.

Yesterday, I was working with Super Glue and (as usual for me) I wasn't wearing gloves so I got some on my fingers. Internet suggested nail polish remover or a paste of salt and lemon juice but nada, it didn't work. I thought I'd just have to wait a few days for it to come off on its own.

Today, I was painting with a latex paint, another job without wearing gloves. At lunchtime, I washed the paint from my hands and, son of a gun, the Super Glue came off too. Obviously there's something in latex paint that dissolves the glue. Yay!

July 17, 2005 Flag

How can I remove dried super glue from my hands?

Mrs. Umar

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Terrific tips! I just had super glue all over my hand and no access to acetone. I didn't have petroleum jelly or neosporin, but I used petroleum-based lip balm that I had in my work desk drawer and a nail file. whoo hoo! All gone.

Nothing worked for me. Any other ideas? Do you use the nail file while the neosporin is still on the fingers? Any ideas how to get it off corian counters?

All I did to remove a thick coat of superglue from my fingers & back of my hand was use a nail file.

I filed away at the superglue spots for about 3 minutes and WALLAH! All of it was gone, and left my hands soft.

I was concerned that using a nail file would rub my skin raw, but it doesn't at all...just softens it. :)

Thank you to all posts! I had an incident today with super glue all over my hands. Nail polish remover was not working so I tried the Vaseline and nail file trick. Instead of a nail file though, I used a large buffing square - worked really well. Took some time but it worked. Thank you!

Read More Answers...

June 26, 2010 Flag

How do I get nail glue off of my skin?

By Dorothy from Dallas

Acetone nail polish remover. If you have on nail polish and/or sculptured nails when using it just use q-tips to apply and rub the glue off of your skin.

After spending hours trying to scrape off the glue once dry, and using cotton buds soaked in acetone polish remover I decided to cut a lemon in half and poured salt over one of the halves. I then sqeezed the lemon juice while rubbing it on the areas of the dried glue. It removed most of the glue. :) You may want to repeat this a couple of times as I will be now.

Jessii30, are you sure you were using 'acetone' polish remover? I'll venture to bet it was non-acetone instead because acetone would have removed the nail glue in about two or three minutes.

February 28, 2008 Flag

How can I get Instant Krazy Glue Gel off my hand? It dried on the palm of my hand and is rough. I tried dish soap and water, and then WD-40. But the crustiness on my skin still remains.

David from Van Nuys, CA

Hi David! If it is the glue that's rough (and not your skin that became rough), you should be able to remove it with fingernail polish remover with acetate in it. I hope this helps.

My uncle did that once, glued his fingers together actually. I don't know how he removed it, but I know he called the poison control center and they had some ideas.

Put some nail polish remover on a cotton ball and rub your hand, but not too hard or for too long. You may have to repeat this procedure a few times but it should work!

I was trying to glue the leg back on a porcelin horse of mine, and to my dismay I glued my thumb, first finger to it as well. I tried the nail polish remover, all that did was make my skin white in parts (like taking off a band-aide does), so tried the olive oil. That worked very well, and not only that it didn't wreck my skin.

October 6, 2010 Flag

Apply lotion to your hands before using super glue. If any gets on your hands, it will come off easy.

By Kim from St. Louis, MO

Answers:

Put Lotion on Hands Before Using Super Glue

Oh what a wonderful thing to share with us here! My husband is always using super glue for something or other, and always gets it on his fingers. I am so glad to know this tip!
    (02/20/2010)

By Barb in Tennessee

Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceJanuary 30, 2013
    Super Glue
    Removing Super Glue from Clothing
    Kitchen Countertop
    Removing Super Glue from Kitchen Countertop
    bottle of super glue
    Removing Super Glue from a Car's Exterior
    Super Glue
    Removing Super Glue from Wood Furniture
    © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 19, 2016 at 7:36:33 PM on 10.0.1.106 in 955 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.