Removing Super Glue from Skin

Removing Super Glue from your skin without irritation can be done. This is a guide about removing Super Glue from skin.

Super Glue
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

Apply lotion to your skin before using super glue. It will peel off easily if you get any on you.

By Roxy from St. Louis, MO

CommentMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

This is a tip that I came across today quite by accident and I thought to share. I'm sure that it will come in handy.

Yesterday, I was working with Super Glue and (as usual for me) I wasn't wearing gloves so I got some on my fingers. Internet suggested nail polish remover or a paste of salt and lemon juice but nada, it didn't work. I thought I'd just have to wait a few days for it to come off on its own.

Today, I was painting with a latex paint, another job without wearing gloves. At lunchtime, I washed the paint from my hands and, son of a gun, the Super Glue came off too. Obviously there's something in latex paint that dissolves the glue. Yay!

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Use nail polish remover to unhinge super glue from your fingers.

By Monica from Cortez, CO

My tip is the 'antidote' to Superglue, for when you stick yourself to something, your fingers together or even worse to the tube of superglue. Cooking oil and lots of patience will remove or unstick Superglue.

How can I remove dried super glue from my hands?

Mrs. Umar

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Thank you to all posts! I had an incident today with super glue all over my hands. Nail polish remover was not working so I tried the Vaseline and nail file trick. Instead of a nail file though, I used a large buffing square - worked really well. Took some time but it worked. Thank you!

Read More Answers...

How do I get nail glue off of my skin?

By Dorothy from Dallas

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Jessii30, are you sure you were using 'acetone' polish remover? I'll venture to bet it was non-acetone instead because acetone would have removed the nail glue in about two or three minutes.

Read More Answers...

How can I get Instant Krazy Glue Gel off my hand? It dried on the palm of my hand and is rough. I tried dish soap and water, and then WD-40. But the crustiness on my skin still remains.

David from Van Nuys, CA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I was trying to glue the leg back on a porcelin horse of mine, and to my dismay I glued my thumb, first finger to it as well. I tried the nail polish remover, all that did was make my skin white in parts (like taking off a band-aide does), so tried the olive oil. That worked very well, and not only that it didn't wreck my skin.

Read More Answers...

Apply lotion to your hands before using super glue. If any gets on your hands, it will come off easy.

By Kim from St. Louis, MO

Put Lotion on Hands Before Using Super Glue

Oh what a wonderful thing to share with us here! My husband is always using super glue for something or other, and always gets it on his fingers. I am so glad to know this tip!
    (02/20/2010)

By Barb in Tennessee

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
    Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceJanuary 30, 2013
    A colorful wooden dresser.
    Removing Sticker Glue from Wood Furniture
    Kitchen Countertop
    Removing Super Glue from Kitchen Countertop
    bottle of super glue
    Removing Super Glue from a Car's Exterior
    Super Glue
    Removing Super Glue from Wood Furniture
    © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 19, 2016 at 2:07:10 PM on 10.0.0.7 in 652 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.