Removing Yellow Stains on Appliances

Category Appliances
Old refrigerator with yellow stains.
The exterior and interior surfaces of appliances can become stained. Depending on the cause, many of these stains can be removed or diminished. This is a guide about removing yellow stains on appliances.

Remove yellow stains from white appliances with two tablespoons of baking soda and four tablespoons of bleach added to two cups of warm water. Allow the mixture to set on the spot for five or ten minutes, then rinse thoroughly.

By duckie-do from Cortez, CO

This is a guide about removing yellow stains from inside a microwave. Burning food in your microwave can often leave unsightly yellow stains that are difficult to remove.

Hand cleaning inside of a microwave oven with a rag

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

I want to know how to remove a lot of deep yellow staining inside a caravan frig. It is also down the inside door edges. I believe the frig has stood empty for a long time.

ONe easy first thing to try is to use two tablespoons of baking soda and four tablespoons of bleach added to two cups of warm water. After leaving the mixture on for 5 to 10 minutes, you rinse it off and see what happens.

Some people advocate using straight up ammonia, though NEVER EVER USE AMMONIA AND BLEACH TOGETHER, or even in proximity to each other. I did thta once by mistake and almost died.

I would carefully use some vinyl pool cleaner, always wear gloves and best to do it outside. Some cleaners have acid in them, keep water near to rinse your skin if you spill any.

Sometimes aging plastic yellows. It's impossible to whiten.

What is the best cleaner for cleaning the vinyl surfaces (white) on fridges? I need to remove smoke stains/yellowing.

Smoke leaves an oily residue on everything and can be difficult to remove.

You could start with just white vinegar or just use baking soda. Take a wet rag, pour some baking soda on it and start cleaning. This usually works and will clean the textured parts of a refrigerator very good.

If this does not work, then you may want to try 50/50 ammonia and water BUT your room has to be well ventilated when using ammonia.

I have also used a product called Soft Scrub that works on appliances.

Nicotine is what stains.

Make a paste of baking soda and water and see how that works for you.

We have yellow stains on the front of our washer and dryer, possibly from when smoking was allowed in kitchen. I can't get them off. Does anyone know any tips on removing them?

By Christi M.

Have you tried wiping it with plain ammonia? If you try it, leave all the windows and doors open, and don't linger over the solution!

I had to use that when we bought a used mobile home that had a layer of nicotine all over the walls and floors, it was even inside all the appliances.

There is something called totally awesome you can get it at Dollar tree or family Dollar. Follow with magic eraser

My washer is still great, the only thing is it has brown or yellow color on the front that you can see. I have tried several things to get off, nothing works. It looks horrible! I need help ASAP! Please. I just read a post that someone said ammonia works! I was wondering if anyone knew for sure? Thank you.

How can I remove yellow stains on my appliances that were caused by a house fire. No melting occurred.

I've burnt a potato in the microwave oven, and the inside walls has become yellow. How can I remove this? It looks like it's got oil spilled all over it, but it is clean, only yellowish now, looks old and my wife has gone mad!

By Frank B.