Taco Soup Recipes

Category Soups
This rich tasty soup is a good start to your meal or can stand alone. This page contains taco soup recipes.

Family favorite, great for doubling and excellent for freezing!

• 1 onion, diced
  • 1 1/2 lb. ground meat
  • 1 pkg. taco seasoning (Taco Bell is best)
  • 1 can diced tomatoes
  • 1 can RoTel
  • 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
  • 1 can beef broth
  • 1 can corn
  • 2 cans kidney beans

Directions:

Saute onion with ground meat. Drain off the fat. Open all the cans and empty the entire content into the pot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes.

Serve with cheddar cheese. sour cream, tortilla chips, and/or crackers.

Servings: 8
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 45 Minutes

By Mistie from Baton Rouge

Sounds wonderful for any day to me. We like to have something with a Mexican flavor at least once a week if not more. It's a very satisfying and healthy cuisine with the beans, and if you serve it over rice, it's a perfect meal. Try adding some chopped zucchini to it once in a while for something just a little different. The zucchini will take on the flavor of almost anything it's added to. Add the chopped zucchini when you add the canned tomatoes, beans, etc.

ww

My grandson Jason gives me ingredient money to make him 3-4 crock pots of soup each month. He works for the state and it's perfect to just grab from the freezer and heat for lunch. I keep back two servings of each too... just for me!

One of his staples is Chicken Taco Soup. It's the easiest one I make and only takes about 2 hours vs. 6-8 hours, plus I make it on the stove rather than the crock pot.

Total Time: 2 Hours

Yield: 9-10 cups

Source: I found this recipe on Google when I did chicken soup recipe search.

Link: N/A

• 1 each skinless/boneless chicken breast.
  • 1 pkg. taco seasoning
  • 1 15.5 oz can chicken broth
  • 1 cup cream of chicken soup
  • 1 4 oz. can green chilies
  • 1 15 oz. can black beans/drained
  • 1 15 oz. can white beans/drained
  • 1 15. oz can diced tomatoes/drained
  • 1 15 oz. can corn/drained

1. Cut up chicken into small pieces and add to large pot that holds at least 12 cups.
  2. Add all other ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer for 1.5-2.0 hours. Let cool and portion into 1 cup paper cups with plastic lids and freeze.
  3. You can slice some tortillas and serve on top. Excellent with corn bread muffins and salad.

This is an inexpensive "dump recipe" -throw it in the pot, stir, then it's done! I had it in my head until I was pressed for time one night. My husband offered to make it, but I couldn't tell him what the amounts were. I then vowed to write it down so my husband or my two teens could make it as well.

Serve with any of the following garnishes:

Directions:

Place browned hamburger in soup pan, add salt to taste. If you have onion haters in the family, dice onion fine and saute with 1 Tbsp. olive oil and 1 Tbsp. butter. Caramelize to your preference. It takes the bite out of the onion, so your onion haters will never know the difference!

Add onion, tomatoes, chicken broth, ranch beans, and corn. Mash tomatoes and 1 can of beans if desired for smoother, thicker texture. Drain and rinse remaining beans in colander, and add to soup pan. Add cumin, sriracha, cinnamon, ginger, sugar, and salt.

Cook over medium heat for 15-30 minutes, until it thickens to your liking. Serve with your choice of garnishes

Servings: Lots!
Time:20 Minutes Preparation Time
15 - 30 Minutes Cooking Time

By Marie from Idaho Falls, ID

I don't like anything very spicy hot. Can you tell me what to use in place of sirracha? Maybe hot pepper sauce? And cut it in half? Otherwise, sounds good.

upclose of soup

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

This page contains an 8 can chicken taco soup recipe. Eight cans of ingredients, including beans and corn join with spices, sour cream, and cheese join together to make this simple yet yummy soup.

Brown turkey with onion and green pepper in large saucepan, stirring until crumbly. Add garlic powder; drain. Combine turkey mixture and remaining ingredients in kettle; mix well.

Saute beef in a stock pan with minced onion and clove of garlic, add salt and pepper to taste, drain fat. Add water, start with 4 and add more later if needed.

This is a modification of a standard recipe that reduces the salt and eliminates packaged seasonings so you can vary the amount of seasonings to suit your taste for a fresher, healthier dish.

DH likes for me to throw stuff in a pot and make impromptu soup. Today I decided to brown some ground beef as I would for chili or spaghetti.

Pour all of the cans into the crockpot, don't drain anything! Add in the seasoning, water and onion; stir. Submerge the chicken breast into the mix and cook on low for 8 hours/high for 4 hours.

I love Mexican foods but dislike soup using chicken. The weather got cold here so I decided to make tacos in soup form.

Combine all in large slow cooker and stir. If you like it hot add 1 chopped jalapeno pepper. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.

Years ago I used to make a taco soup that contained hamburger, taco seasoning, tomatoes, and Velveeta. I can't remember the rest of the ingredients, or the directions. I do know it contained "no" Ranch dressing. I can't stand Ranch dressing! All of the recipes I have found on-line contain Ranch dressing. If anyone has the recipe or something similar I would appreciate it. Thanks.

By Margaret from Denton, TX

I have a great soup that is similar but made with chicken:

2 chicken skinless (deboned) breast (you can use leftover chicken 2 cups shredded)

2 tsp extra virgin olive oil

1/4 cup butter

1/4 cup all-purpose flour

3 cups chicken broth

1 cup milk

8 oz. Velveeta process cheese food - cubed (I use more)

10 oz. can Ro*Tel® tomatoes and chilies

1 tsp. cumin

1 tsp. chili powder

salt and pepper, to taste

flour tortillas, as needed, about 4 - 6

butter flavored cooking spray

shredded Colby Jack cheese OR Mexican blend cheese

*Preheat oven to 350 degrees (if you are making tortilla strips)

*In a pot, cook chicken breast with olive oil. Remove from pot when cooked then shred (if you are not using leftovers)

In (same) pot (do not wash), melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour and cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes.

Slowly whisk in small amounts of chicken broth at a time, then whisk in milk.

Reduce heat to low and stir in Velveeta cubes; stir until melted.

Stir in Ro*Tel, chicken, and spices.

Once soup is heated through, it is ready to serve at this point. However, if you wish to make tortilla strips, it can sit over low heat while they are made. Stir the soup occasionally.

Spoon a ladleful of soup into a bowl, add a handful of shredded cheese, then spoon another ladleful of soup over cheese. Sprinkle tortilla strips over top.

For tortilla strips, cut tortillas into strips

Cut flour tortillas into thin strips and arrange in a single layer on a large baking sheet.

Coat one side of each flour tortilla with butter flavored cooking spray.

Sprinkle with desired amount of salt

Spray again with cooking spray.

Bake for 8 to 10 minutes

Notes:

If you want to save a lot of time, use crumbled tortilla chips instead of tortilla strips.

As a substitute for Ro*Tel, you can use 1 1/2 cups of salsa.

Spiciness can be easily adjusted by using spicy Ro*Tel or salsa and/or adding cayenne pepper to the soup.

Anonymous

This recipe sounds close to what you are looking for. If you don't want the canned corn in it, you can substitute a can of beans.

Taco Soup

1 lb. ground beef

2 cans RoTel tomatoes

1 15 oz can diced tomatoes

1 can beans of your choice -undrained (pinto, kidney, etc.)

1 can whole kernel corn - undrained

1 pkg of Taco Seasoning

8 oz. cubed Velveeta cheese

Brown the ground beef, drain. Stir in remaining ingredients, except cheese. Simmer until hot. Stir in the cheese until melted.

I need recipe for Weight Watchers taco soup.

Trisha from Alabama

W.w. Taco Soup

Recipe #140563

This taco soup has very few ingredients and is very good. I got this from a weight watchers cookbook. It is a little different then the other taco soups but just as good. Takes very little time to put together. Serving size is 1 1/2 cup= 4pts

by Chef 167408

4 servings 15 min 5 min prep

Change to: servings US Metric

Pam cooking spray (spray 1-2 sprays)

3/4 lb ground round

1 (1 1/2 ounce) package mild taco seasoning mix

1 (15 ounce) beans (i like pinto)

1 cup frozen corn

1 (10 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes

2 cups water (I add 2 cubes beef boullion)

1 tablespoon sugar

brown beef.

add everything else. Bring to a boil,reduce,cover, and simmer 10 minute.

TOPPINGS;.

salsa 2T.= 0 pts.

sour creme 2T= 2 pts.

baked tortilla chips 1 oz= 2 pts.

here is the WW Taco Soup Recipe

2 cans fat free chicken broth

1 can diced ortega chiles

1 can each: (drained)

red, black, pinto beans

1 can fat free chili

1 can mexican style crushed tomatoes

2 Tbsp taco seasoning

veggies to taste

simmer for 30 minutes

1 cup = 1 pt

This is so easy and so yummy! It is made of healthy ingredients, makes a lot in a short amount of time, and is very satisfying and filling.

• 2-3 chicken breasts -cooked (cubed or shredded)
  • 1 can black beans
  • 1 can pinto beans
  • 1 can corn
  • 1 can diced tomatoes
  • 1 can chicken broth
  • dash of sugar
  • 1-2 limes or lime juice
  • corn tortilla chips
  • Optional: shredded cheese, sour cream, taco seasoning

Directions:

Prepare chicken breasts, or use leftovers. Pour cans of black and pinto beans, corn, diced tomatoes, chicken broth, cooked cubed or shredded chicken breasts, and dash of sugar in a large saucepan. Heat to boiling, and reduce heat to low to keep soup warm for serving.

You can just serve or eat it how it is, or you can put tortilla chips in a bowl, squeeze lime juice on the chips and add shredded cheese and/or sour cream. Pour soup over the top and serve!

If you like taco seasoning, you can add that (I personally like it without!)

Servings: 6-8
Time:5 Minutes Preparation Time
10 Minutes Cooking Time

Source: My sister-in-law Whit

By Lindsay from St George, UT

Answers:

Easy Taco Lime Soup

I'm a vegetarian so I'll leave out the chicken, but besides the meat, This recipe sounds SO very YUMMY! It was the lime juice that called my name! I love things that are a bit tart. I can't wait to try it. I'll make up a batch and freeze 1 cup portions in zip-lock baggies to microwave later. Thank you for posting it! (04/26/2009)

By Cyinda

This is very simple, tastes great, inexpensive, and everyone loves it.

• 1 can black beans
  • 1 can dark red kidney beans
  • 1 can pinto beans
  • 1 can great northern beans
  • 1 can drained corn
  • 1 can chicken broth
  • 1 can tomato soup (do not dilute)
  • 1 can diced tomatoes
  • 1 can diced tomatoes with chilies (hot or mild)
  • 1 10 oz. can white chicken meat (drain well)
  • 1/2 packet ranch dressing mix
  • 1 cup mild salsa (I use jarred salsa with cilantro in it for a fresh taste)

Directions:

Drain all beans. Add all ingredients to a big pot. Heat and serve when thoroughly heated

servings: lots
time:10 minutes preparation time
10 minutes cooking time

by tcmoyer from Westerville, Ohio

Answers:

Taco Soup

Sounds delicious. It seems like it will make a big pot of soup, great for a crowd. (04/30/2009)

By Jan Lee

My family loves this recipe. It's also quick.

Ingredients

• 1 lb. ground beef
  • 1 package Taco Seasoning Mix
  • 1 can Pinto beans, drained
  • 1 can diced, stewed tomatoes
  • 1 can Tomato Soup
  • 1/2 cup grated cheese (we like cheddar)

Directions

Brown ground beef, drain and rinse. Put the ground beef into a large pot. Add the Taco Seasoning, drained beans, canned tomatoes and the can of soup. Add 1 can of water. Heat through and let simmer for a few minutes. Dish into soup bowls and sprinkle with grated cheese. We like ours thick so we can use tortilla chips as our spoons. Yum!

By Faith from Medford, OR

Ingredients

• 1 lb. lean ground beef
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 package taco seasonings
  • 1 package dry Ranch seasonings
  • 2 large cans diced tomatoes, undrained
  • 1 can Rotel diced tomatoes and chili peppers, undrained
  • 1 can refried beans
  • 1 can hominy, drained
  • 1 can pinto beans, undrained
  • 1 can whole kernel corn, drained

Directions

Brown meat and onion. Drain. Add seasonings. Add to meat along with tomatoes. Simmer until well blended and hot. Enjoy!

Can serve with your favorite taco toppings, if desired.

By Terri from NV