Browsing: Taco Soup Recipes

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Taco Soup Recipes

This rich tasty soup is a good start to your meal or can stand alone. This page contains taco soup recipes.

Mexican Taco Soup
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

August 9, 2011 Flag
Family favorite, great for doubling and excellent for freezing!

• 1 onion, diced
  • 1 1/2 lb. ground meat
  • 1 pkg. taco seasoning (Taco Bell is best)
  • 1 can diced tomatoes
  • 1 can RoTel
  • 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
  • 1 can beef broth
  • 1 can corn
  • 2 cans kidney beans

Directions:

Saute onion with ground meat. Drain off the fat. Open all the cans and empty the entire content into the pot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes.

Serve with cheddar cheese. sour cream, tortilla chips, and/or crackers.

Servings: 8
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 45 Minutes

By Mistie from Baton Rouge

This looks like a recipe our family would readily accept as a regular, so I'll add it to the box of family favorites and see which kid finds it first. They go through that recipe box about once or twice a week. I enjoy surprising them with new additions...

May 12, 2015 Flag

My grandson Jason gives me ingredient money to make him 3-4 crock pots of soup each month. He works for the state and it's perfect to just grab from the freezer and heat for lunch. I keep back two servings of each too... just for me!

bowl of soup

One of his staples is Chicken Taco Soup. It's the easiest one I make and only takes about 2 hours vs. 6-8 hours, plus I make it on the stove rather than the crock pot.

Total Time: 2 Hours

Yield: 9-10 cups

Source: I found this recipe on Google when I did chicken soup recipe search.

Link: N/A

• 1 each skinless/boneless chicken breast.
  • 1 pkg. taco seasoning
  • 1 15.5 oz can chicken broth
  • 1 cup cream of chicken soup
  • 1 4 oz. can green chilies
  • 1 15 oz. can black beans/drained
  • 1 15 oz. can white beans/drained
  • 1 15. oz can diced tomatoes/drained
  • 1 15 oz. can corn/drained

Related Products:

1. Cut up chicken into small pieces and add to large pot that holds at least 12 cups.
  2. Add all other ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer for 1.5-2.0 hours. Let cool and portion into 1 cup paper cups with plastic lids and freeze.
  3. You can slice some tortillas and serve on top. Excellent with corn bread muffins and salad.

March 26, 2013 Flag

This hearty taco soup is a quick and easy meal that everyone will love!

upclose of soup

August 25, 2010 Flag

This is an inexpensive "dump recipe" - throw it in the pot, stir, then it's done! I had it in my head until I was pressed for time one night. My husband offered to make it, but I couldn't tell him what the amounts were.

May 20, 2010 Flag

Brown turkey with onion and green pepper in large saucepan, stirring until crumbly. Add garlic powder; drain. Combine turkey mixture and remaining ingredients in kettle; mix well.

April 29, 2013 Flag

This hearty taco soup is a quick and easy meal that everyone will love! View the full recipe here: 8 Can Chicken Taco Soup

December 20, 2010 Flag

Saute beef in a stock pan with minced onion and clove of garlic, add salt and pepper to taste, drain fat. Add water, start with 4 and add more later if needed.

August 5, 2010 Flag

This is a modification of a standard recipe that reduces the salt and eliminates packaged seasonings so you can vary the amount of seasonings to suit your taste for a fresher, healthier dish.

August 11, 2010 Flag

Years ago I used to make a taco soup that contained hamburger, taco seasoning, tomatoes, and Velveeta. I can't remember the rest of the ingredients, or the directions. I do know it contained "no" Ranch dressing. I can't stand Ranch dressing! All of the recipes I have found on-line contain Ranch dressing. If anyone has the recipe or something similar I would appreciate it. Thanks.

By Margaret from Denton, TX

I have a great soup that is similar but made with chicken:

2 chicken skinless (deboned) breast (you can use leftover chicken 2 cups shredded)

2 tsp extra virgin olive oil

1/4 cup butter

1/4 cup all-purpose flour

3 cups chicken broth

1 cup milk

8 oz. Velveeta process cheese food - cubed (I use more)

10 oz. can Ro*Tel® tomatoes and chilies

1 tsp. cumin

1 tsp. chili powder

alt and pepper, to taste

flour tortillas, as needed, about 4 - 6

butter flavored cooking spray

hredded Colby Jack cheese OR Mexican blend cheese

*Preheat oven to 350 degrees (if you are making tortilla strips)

*In a pot, cook chicken breast with olive oil. Remove from pot when cooked then shred (if you are not using leftovers)

In (same) pot (do not wash), melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour and cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes.

Slowly whisk in small amounts of chicken broth at a time, then whisk in milk.

Reduce heat to low and stir in Velveeta cubes; stir until melted.

Stir in Ro*Tel, chicken, and spices.

Once soup is heated through, it is ready to serve at this point. However, if you wish to make tortilla strips, it can sit over low heat while they are made. Stir the soup occasionally.

Spoon a ladleful of soup into a bowl, add a handful of shredded cheese, then spoon another ladleful of soup over cheese. Sprinkle tortilla strips over top.

For tortilla strips, cut tortillas into strips

Cut flour tortillas into thin strips and arrange in a single layer on a large baking sheet.

Coat one side of each flour tortilla with butter flavored cooking spray.

Sprinkle with desired amount of salt

Spray again with cooking spray.

Bake for 8 to 10 minutes

Notes:

If you want to save a lot of time, use crumbled tortilla chips instead of tortilla strips.

As a substitute for Ro*Tel, you can use 1 1/2 cups of salsa.

Spiciness can be easily adjusted by using spicy Ro*Tel or salsa and/or adding cayenne pepper to the soup.

This recipe sounds close to what you are looking for. If you don't want the canned corn in it, you can substitute a can of beans.

Taco Soup

1 lb. ground beef

2 cans RoTel tomatoes

1 15 oz can diced tomatoes

1 can beans of your choice -undrained (pinto, kidney, etc.)

1 can whole kernel corn - undrained

1 pkg of Taco Seasoning

8 oz. cubed Velveeta cheese

Brown the ground beef, drain. Stir in remaining ingredients, except cheese. Simmer until hot. Stir in the cheese until melted.

I never knew Ranch Dressing was a normal ingredient in Taco Soup. Here's the recipe I've been using. Hope you enjoy it.

Slow Cooker Taco Soup

canadianparents.com

1 pound ground beef

1 onion, chopped

1 green pepper, chopped

September 9, 2011 Flag

DH likes for me to throw stuff in a pot and make impromptu soup. Today I decided to brown some ground beef as I would for chili or spaghetti. I usually use canned tomatoes and a small can of tomato sauce and then just start throwing stuff in, such as, potatoes, onions, peas, carrots, etc.

This time I decided to toss in a packet of taco seasoning mix. Voila! Taco soup. Delicioso by the way.

By Marty from Houston, TX

March 1, 2007 Flag

Pour all of the cans into the crockpot, don't drain anything! Add in the seasoning, water and onion; stir. Submerge the chicken breast into the mix and cook on low for 8 hours/high for 4 hours.

November 14, 2006 Flag

I need recipe for Weight Watchers taco soup.

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

January 14, 2010 Flag

I love Mexican foods but dislike soup using chicken. The weather got cold here so I decided to make tacos in soup form.

Load More
Food and Recipes Recipes SoupsMay 25, 2012
Shrimp Tacos
Seafood Taco Recipes
Taco Bake on Picnic Table
Taco Bake Recipes
Bowl of cream of tomato soup garnished with chives.
Freezing Tomato Soup
Making taco seasoning.
Homemade Taco Seasoning Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 28, 2016 at 10:29:48 PM on 10.0.0.106 in 6 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.