Uses for Parmesan Cheese Containers

Here is a way to recycle a Parmesan cheese shaker container. After washing it tonight, I filled it with powered sugar and it is now ready for my busy baking season! I can shake the powered sugar more evenly now. Hope other busy cooks find this tip a good one!

By pmo3ws from Southern Illinois

Answers:

Uses for Parmesan Cheese Containers

This is a great idea! :-)

I do have to mention though that someone posted in the archives below about people with food allergies and food residue remaining even after washing the plastic container. I just did a little research and it is indeed true :-o Here's one thing I found:

The cheaper plastic containers are very porous which means have alot of microscopic holes which hold odors and trace elements of whatever was previously stored in them.

Anyway, I still love your idea but make sure no one eating that powdered sugar has a severe dairy allergy :-)

(11/16/2009)

By Deeli

Uses for Parmesan Cheese Containers

I keep one of these containers full of baking soda for at my kitchen sink. It does an excellent job of cleaning, deodorizing and polishing my stainless steel sink and it's cheap and non-toxic. (11/16/2009)

By Debbie52

Uses for Parmesan Cheese Containers

I use them for instant potato flakes for adding to cream soups that are too thin. (11/19/2009)

By tennesue

Parmesan Cheese Container
Uses for Parmesan Cheese Containers
Uses for Lipstick Containers
Uses for Lipstick Containers
Ricotta cheese on fig leaves on white plate, with cheese knife.
Freezing Ricotta Cheese
Parmesan Potatoes
Parmesan Potato Recipes
Parmesan Chicken Wings
Parmesan Chicken Wings Recipes
🎉
🎄